• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Auger Oil Mix question

Loos15

Question

I just got myself a Strikemaster xl3000 auger and I'm pretty much a noob at this stuff. It said it requires a 24:1 mix. Should I be following that guideline?

Also yesterday i bought some gas and an oil mix, but it mixes at 50:1. Can i add another bottle to get it near 24:1? The oil I'm using is echo....

Thanks

4 answers to this question

I buy the pre-bottled mix from any store that sells augers. Jiffy makes the stuff i use and its only $1.99 per bottle It has the correct amount of oil, and stabil to mix with one gallon of gas. I found that is all you want to mix at one time, this way your gas stays fresh. I had carbourator problems with mine awhile back and my repair man told me to always make sure i use fresh gas.

I had the same question with my new strike master mag 2000. I called strike master service and they told me, their square bottles of smokeless oil are for mixing 40:1. If you mix leaner then that it would void warranty. I also took the advice of some other members and went with Amsoil saber pro. This makes little to no smoke when running auger. It cost a little more but well worth it.

Two 50 to 1 bottles to a gallon of gas will get you to 25 to 1 which is fine. Because it is Echo it should work fine. The thing you dont want to use is marine 50 to 1. That is for water cooled engines. If you start having problems starting it when it is real cold or you are getting too much smoke consider using Amsoil Sabre. One of our sponsors is Oilman and he can get you that oil.

+1 for Amsoil Sabre Professional - I use it at 80:1 - 100:1 on my 24:1 Strikemaster Auger for years. Wonderful.