• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
ErikL

McKinley Park Report / Auger Rack pic

ErikL

Went out to the end of the road tonight near Birch Island...one light bite - thats it. Other guys out there were pulling the plug pretty early so I doubt anyone was having much luck. Tried it on Friday as well; didn't even see anything on the Vex that night. Gonna have to brave the rest of the lake I guess. Anyone been out riding? Hows the slush?

Heres a pick of the rack I built for you guys that were interested, pretty self explanitory. Got the mounts at L&M, made by Mad Dog, really well built and solid mounts. $30

Picture018.jpg

TomWehler

Great idea ErikL

To simple eh.

Thanks.

Best of luck trying some different areas...be safe, have fun, rip some lips.

Tommy

guideman

Nice rig,

I was out on the lake early this morning and the main roads are in good shape. Lots of snow to plow if you're well off the main roads however. It's hard to tell where the slush is with all the new snow. I guess I'll know moer after I plow my shack out this afternoon.

We caught some fish on Friday but it's been pretty slow since then. The cold weather always seems to shut them down for a day or two. It was 26 below at my place this morning with a 35 below wind chill..Brrrrrr!!

There has to be about 3ft of snow on the ice now. The old ice roads are getting narrower by the day and the wind fills them in pretty fast. Looks like we are going to get more snow on Tuesday and Wednesday. I have had enough and it's only the first week of January. frown

"Ace"

Ace guide service.

Kemo Sabe

Maybe you should go to Kentucky and guide for muskies during the winter, I here cave run has a good population of 34"ers

guideman

I wish.

I have been down to Cave run a number of times in the spring of the year. Tony Grant is an old friend of mine and my wife and I have fished with him a number of times. He comes up to Vermilion every summer and I always try to get out with him at least once while he's here.

It's been a several years now since our last trip down there. The last time down was in 03' and my wife caught a 44 incher on her first cast of the weekend. They aren't having that great of winter either, nothing compared to what we get, but it's been wet and cold.

It sure would be great if we could go Muskie fishing in Feb or March up here. I guess if it were warmer in the winter it just wouldn't be Minnesota and I don't think it would be the same. I have always felt that the summers up here in the nothland were well worth waiting for and that the cold winters, just made summer that more special.

I know, "how corny", yea I guess it is, but I have been to many other places that friends told me were the greatest places to live in the whole world. However, I just kept coming back here to Minnesota. Even with these nasty winters, there is just something special about living here in the northland, at least there is for me.

"Ace" smile

Ace guide service.

Casey Sunsdahl

Awsome auger rack! can you fit a 20lb propane tank under there?

Kemo Sabe

Who's Tony Grant?

what band is he in?

guideman

I guess if you really knew any thing about Cave run lake you would know that Tony grant is one of the best Muskie guides from that area. He also owns a resort on he lake and guides in Norhern Wisconsin and Minnesota, during the warm summer months.

"Ace"

Ace guide service.

pauljpollock

Erik,

Is that an Indy Trail Deluxe? Looks like the same machine I've got, "The Green Machine." Nice rack, looks solid as can be!

Paul.

ErikL

Yep it is...a 94 SKS with reverse & electric start, nice light fishin sled. Real easy on gas too.