• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bald Eagle

BirddogBenelli

Only light traffic the past 3 days.

There aren't 100 walleye caught on Bald Eagle a day, much less by one guy. B as in B, and you know the rest.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nlange

• olbaidhh

• Tom7227

• rodmaker

I'm with PmDavis300, where is the sandbar north of the island? I see what I would call more of the island to the NW, with a 15' hole in it.

theres a sand bar the goes off the north point of the island. goes up to 6 ft an stays 6 ft for awhile ways out towards the middle of the lake there by the cattails at shore there. also theres a another big sand bar off that one point on the vvery north end to the right of that big group of shacks out there. there in 25 ft of water and more towards there point on the right it goes up to 6 ft also

I fished Bald Eagle early this morning. Drove out with my Chevy with no problems. The ice is VERY slippery so be careful not to fall.

I can catch up to 50 walleyes at night on bald eagle. All about 9 or 10 inches. Bigger fish less numbers. Either way I am done eating fish from their for awhile

your catchin 50 walleyes a ngiht??????????? can you help me out and maybe give me a clue of where to go out there to get on the walleye bite??? EMAIL me please!!!!! that way u dont have to say it on here... maybe give me a depth or a spot of where u r fishing.... pawwwease

about where are you catching these 50 waleye a night? what kind of structure and how deep? are you moving around or do you have one hot spot you go to? Seems like i tried all my old waleye spots that i use during the summer but are totally not doing well for me during this winter. curious on where your fishin.

I can catch up to 50 walleyes at night on bald eagle. All about 9 or 10 inches. Bigger fish less numbers. Either way I am done eating fish from their for awhile

B as in B, S as in S unless you're using a net.

tom seems like you know a lot about the lake. you doubt other peoples fishing skills huh? Maybe you need to get out an learn to bait your hook.

Well I've only lived on it for 20 years. I'm sure I can learn a lot of things about fishing the lake. What I do know is that there isn't anyone on this forum that's been able to hook any large number of walleye besides you and I've read every post for quite a while. What's your advice for those of us less talented?

oh i cant catch them waleye ither. i just heard it from another guy i was fishing by an i said that. then mattkimk said he can catch 50 a night. I can get a few but nothing like 50 a night.

Like I said they are 9 or 10 inches. Three years in a row I would hit this particular spot always thinking they should be getting bigger but they were always small. Maybe its just where the little ones congregate or something. Would never tell anyone but if you doubt me that is ok too. dont fish that spot anymore. Maybe I will try it again for giggles. Look for a grren otter and green saturn vue

nlange has reported on the White Bear Lake thread that he had a 30 lb northern to the hole and it broke off - and it happened two days in a row. As I indicated before there aren't 50, much less 100 walleye caught on the entire lake on any given day by however many fishermen are out there. let's face it, you'd be hard pressed to do that well a lot of times on one of the fly in camps way up in Canada.

The guy is either pulling our collective legs, a loon, or ingesting something more than a cold Leine when he's out on the ice or typing on the computer.

I can say from experience that at first ice a guy can catch alot of 10" waldows in 16 FOW by the reed island.

I let them go........

I would be hard pressed on the numbers posted but....

I have caught 15-20 in a night with a few crops mixed in & ussually catch a few bigger ones durring this time frame(first ice) .Im usually one of the first out on the lake and its a blast until company arrives which ussually starts when a ATV makes it way out without going threw.

It is a great fishrey!!

sorry 4 the spelling

JUST ME

Just get out there and post up some pics. If you catch 50 a night you should get a dozen or so now. Thanks.Looking forward to the pics.

Do you take pics of 9 inch walleyes? Must not be a very good fisherman if that is what you waste camera on. Actually when I did get the eyes it was one after another for almost an hour. Why would I make up catching 9 inch eyes? I know many people flock to the lake to catch all the tiny crappie they can and brag about that but that is not me.

Do you take pics of 9 inch walleyes? Must not be a very good fisherman if that is what you waste camera on.

You'd take the pics so folks would begin to believe the line you're passing. Digital doesn't cost anything but could renew your reputation.

Get off his back. Plenty of times in the summer I have gotten into a school of walleyes right after spawn and caught 40+ walleye in a day/evening. They are usually small 8-13" but when they school up in one place it is not unreasonable to catch that many. It is almost like catching panfish. I am sure many other anglers have had similar experiences. I believe him. It is really not that big of deal. I am sure other serious fisherman can attest to this fact too.

maybe he meant 50 crappies, caus that number is more attainable with crappies. i'll look in my minnesota fish book to see if they look alike... nope. Hmmm... maybe it was just an exaggeration... never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

goblirmj, you pretty much can go anywhere in the lake and get crappies... there are a ton of small ones in there, just stick anywhere from 16-35 feet, and you should get plenty of crappies... a vexilar, a lake map might help, but you could just sit in any of the tent cities, and probably get crappies. Let me know if you find the eyes.