• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
BirddogBenelli

Bald Eagle

BirddogBenelli

Any reports from this weekend? Went out yesterday from 4-8:30. Everything that could go wrong when fishing did...ended up a few crappies.

icemn17

We got about 2 dozen Friday. One was a little over 10", the rest 7"ers.

BirddogBenelli

Anybody fished baldy eagle in the last day or 2? Thinking about going out tonight

fishkaholic

Was out there sunday, caught about a dozen crappies. The fish are there and the bite is inconsistent. They will bite on and off. Fishing about 22-28ft of water with minnows. Not much size to it.

FishHunter1

My dad and I were out there last night caught about 20 crappies kept about ten between 9" and a couple around 10.5". Fishing in 18-20 FOW.

Tom7227

Has anyone been out on Bald Eagle around 10 pm or so in the past few nights? Have you noticed an increase in bites around this time? I live nearby and have some bass and crappie in an aquarium and they have gone into a feeding frenzy around 10. I am wondering if that relates to what's happening out on the ice.

BirddogBenelli

Went out lastnight in about 23 FOW. Didn't bring any minnows...just 1 Ratso! Hammered them! Caught about 20 and kept my limit of 9-10". Very fast and furious fishing.

Tom7227

Went out lastnight in about 23 FOW. Didn't bring any minnows...just 1 Ratso! Hammered them! Caught about 20 and kept my limit of 9-10". Very fast and furious fishing.

What time? I'm trying to see if the guys in the aquarium are in sync with the guys in the lake.

BirddogBenelli

Caught majority of them between 6:30-8pm. It was only me and I was swapping bigger fish out for smaller fish. When I left I was still marking fish but I had to get home to the wife. grin

Tom7227

thanks for the info. you left too early.

CrappieFshr651

I may have to get out there soon, a buddy of mine said the crappie bite has been pretty decent too, i guess i'll have to find out for myself.

dewey1980

is bald ready for a 250 deisel and wheel house yet???????

Jethro80

I heard there is a consistent 18 inches out there. Heard it, didn't see it for myself.

fishkaholic

there is a consistent 18 inches. a lot of truckers going out and permanents out there. it should be ok. been out there the past week. i would probably wait for another couple inches to be sure.

olbaidhh

Just wandering if guys are pulling out wheelhouses yet on Bald Eagle... I have a Ford Expedition with a 16' ice castle... will the ice handle it?

Thanks for the info...

MN Greenheads

yes

olbaidhh

did you get out? (350 disel and wheel house)

dewey1980

saturday morning,if your talking to me.

Red Miller

First time on Bald Eagle. How is driving on the lake? Can you pretty much go anywhere with a 4x4 amd a portable? Also, anyone hooking any walldogs? Thanks guys

Tom7227

I live on the lake and there are houses and trucks all over so getting around isn't a problem. I haven't been out so I can't give you a read on success ratios.

anyfishaldo

We fished 10:00am-3:00pm and only kept 3 Crappies. Tried tip ups on the north end with no luck, a neigboring guy flagged like crazy- Muskie and three northern. He was a great guy- helped us out but we ran out of time. I need ot go out of town so we can just fish!!!

Red Miller

Thanks for the heads up. We went out this morning and there was about 16" to 18" of ice and yes you could drive anywhere. We fished 18 FOW and it was pretty steady crappie action. Unfortunately none were keepable. Great day to be on the ice however.

bigred1974

fished 21 feet of water last night, marking fish steady but only caught one. didnt even know he bit either

Mr. Pickeral

Just wondering were abouts people are catching these crappies. Been hitting up some other lakes in the area with moderate success. Thinking its time to switch to a different location and dont know much about Bald Eagle. Any info would be great.

1forwalleye

I just put my house out this past weekend and caught the small crappies that people are referring to in this link. Does anybody have any luck with walleyes on Bald Eagle? Any informaton would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.