• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bald Eagle

BirddogBenelli

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nlange

• olbaidhh

• Tom7227

• rodmaker

I was watching my jig fall to the bottom on the vex and singing along, "down, down, down..."

Fishin was slow las night, caught tons of little perch, two small crappies, and a 2 or 3 lb. northern. I had a very nice fish on at dark, but i lost it before i could see it...oh well another day.

Anybody going out today/tonight??

lol, i heard that song too, along with a few others, so weird... anyways, i didnt catch a thing tonight. am i in a bad spot or has noone else caught anything either?

went out this evening and got a bunch of 5-9in. crappies, and two walleyes. I had a very nice bite while putting the tip up down and the line snapped on the hook set...ohh did that make me mad. It was def. a nicer fish whatever it was...

what side of the lake weer u fishin? i just got back from fishing the north end for an hour, got about a dozen crappie there were tiny and a few perch. thinking about moving to the south end tomorrow by the big 5 ft hump

Well cleefer2 ,where are ya, welcome to fm. still catchin them little ones from B.E.. Thats better than I did, Waska was tough. You made the right call stayin home,WINDY and got stuck A few times. I'll getcha next time! Too much snow out there

We fished all over, I cant remember what fish were caught where but we worked the north end back to cigar...ha sorry doesn't really help!

Went out last night from 4 to 8 on the north end. Good crappie action until about 7 then they shut off. Ended up with 7 respectable keepers, including a 12.5 incher my girlfriend reeled in. I don't know who was more excited, her or me. By far the largest one of the season out there.

hey spotchecker sounds like a tough day at minnewashka. your not alone. i spent 8 hours on the st. croix 4 guys 2 craps 2 perch marked fish like mad all day but they were sound asleep. when they are on though they are all pretty nice 11 to 13 's mostly. did the contest at long lake sunday. no fish caught for the second year in a row. good time though

how goes the battle .. i was out with one of my sons this weekend... slow bite, lots of people. he managed a 12.5" crappie though. Ill try to post the pic.

hiway 12 straight west and you will run right into town. not sure of the lake access though. spotchecker can you help with that one?

could anyone tell me where some waleye action has been going on latly on bald eagle? or whats the depth there catching them and what kind of bottom. thanx muxh

its been pretty much anywhere from 20-30 fow. its is so messy and slippery out there. just came back and would definitely recommend wader or water boots. no snow just water and little potholes of water that are about 3-4 inches.

nlange// i do ok on the sand bar north of the island. either side of it you will find walleyes but i seem to do better on west side of the sandbar. i just find the sandbar and start drilling holes off of it til i find 18-19feet. and off course crappies will be there also. try it let me know if worked out sounds like you tried everything else.

i moved from the way way north end by the minnesota gophers shack to the sand bar thats on the north end of the lake still and didnt get anything there besides small perch and then i just moved it prolly a few hours ago to a spot north of the reeds in 24 ft by a lil group of shacks and got tons of crappie. But i was at that spot that you were talking about and i was talking to a guy that said he was catching 100 waleye a night there but i think he was pullin my leg but i dunno. i tryed it out prolly 2 weeks ago with no luck just crappie. i was in 20 ft right in front of that sand bar. i was also right at the drop of it at 14 on one side of my shack and 17 in the other. I never tryed the west side of that bar though. are they really that deep fishkaholic? i was talking to these guys on the north end fishing in 8ft and they were catchin them there. i tryed most of them good holes out on that lake. maybe i just cant catch waleye.

i was just out at my shack checkin on my buddie thats using it and its fine. just lots of water on top of the ice. boat launch is getting a little beat up.