• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bald Eagle

BirddogBenelli

I was planning on keeping those lil crappies I left on the ice but we ended up catching 5 keeper walleyes that we cut up! We just didn't feel like felleting all them up. I seen a whole family of mongs I was intending on giving them to but they left before I did. Maybe they'll come back and grab them. I NEVER leave trash on the ice though. I also caught a nice size northern on the tip up too. Yea it was a good time. I was right on the south east corner of the island next to this dark green ice castle looking fish house in 33 ft of water. The crappies are suspended so be sure to bring your Vexlar.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nlange

• olbaidhh

• Tom7227

• rodmaker

PmDavis that gopher shack is my buddies... catch a lot of crappies but eyes are scarce. I've only fished out of his shack on that lake so I can't tell you where the eyes are. Keep movin around til you find em!

I was planning on keeping those lil crappies I left on the ice but we ended up catching 5 keeper walleyes that we cut up! We just didn't feel like felleting all them up. I seen a whole family of mongs I was intending on giving them to but they left before I did. Maybe they'll come back and grab them. I NEVER leave trash on the ice though. I also caught a nice size northern on the tip up too. Yea it was a good time. I was right on the south east corner of the island next to this dark green ice castle looking fish house in 33 ft of water. The crappies are suspended so be sure to bring your Vexlar.

I hope you are just trying to get a rise out of people and actually took those fish home. If not, you are ethically challenged to say the least.

Leaving crappies on the ice because you are to lazy to clean them is just stupid. Next time just throw them back. It just doesn't even come close to making sense [we caught eyes so left the crappies on the ice]

I agree with you 100 %. Leaving fish on the ice is just like leaving trash as far as I'm concerned. Keep them and bring them home , or throw them back.

Went out on the north end of the lake over the rock pile yesterday morning... Good action on 8-10 in crappies early morning then nothing would bite after about 10 or so

Welcome to FM!!!! grin

I'm going to try and get out there early next week for an eve. shot. Thanks for, the report

Maybe I'll check in next week and see if we can meet out there

ya lots a little ones. it seems i was catching one ten incher+ for every 10-15 six to eight inchers... but a lot of fun and the kids had a blast. I remeber your house now. I was in 25-30 ft. I have been in a bunch of spots over there all are the same really it seems. I have had no more luck in one over the other. I headed to millacs on Sunday, and back to Bald Eagle on Monday.... I cant find any eyes on Bald Eagle.

whats sad is i have not setup on the same spot twice and have caught just as many fish each time out. 20, 25, and 30 feet it has made no difference.

Fished by the island on sat from 1-6. Caught fish but not anything big. Marked a ton on the vex, but couldnt get them to bite all the time. The bite picked up right as I had to leave. Of course. Does anyone do better after 6 on most nights?

It was good to meet you ... how did you do?

I agree with you 100 %. Leaving fish on the ice is just like leaving trash as far as I'm concerned. Keep them and bring them home , or throw them back.

It is legally a lot worse. Wanten waste is a much more severe offense than littering.

olbaidhh, it was good to meet you too. Did alright. Nothing big. Ended up in 28 feet of water and pretty consistent action on the vex. GOt plenty of fish, but most were small. Got better as the night went on, but we had to leave early so im sure it got better after that. I will probably head out there again this weekend and try my luck again. I know the guy next to me caught a few eyes but they were not very big. Said he got them on crappie minnows. Guess I have to take his work for it. IF you go out this weekend, send me an email [email protected].

ya thats me. im goin to rush tomorrow to try that out. guess my buddie is limiting out on 12 inch crappie on 40 ft of water.

Never been to Bald Eagle going to try the night bite tom. night to target crappies. I have no idea where to start looked at the map and I might try NW end of the island. Can anyone tell me how the action is after dark and maybe where to try and what depths? I got all the equipment needed house, vex, etc but I still use a hand auger so itll be hard to pop a bunch of holes guessing hot spots. I would like to focus on one area /out having to move. And im still not sure where the public access is.Im pulling an all nighter. ~Thanks~

olbaidhh, it was good to meet you too. Did alright. Nothing big. Ended up in 28 feet of water and pretty consistent action on the vex. GOt plenty of fish, but most were small. Got better as the night went on, but we had to leave early so im sure it got better after that. I will probably head out there again this weekend and try my luck again. I know the guy next to me caught a few eyes but they were not very big. Said he got them on crappie minnows. Guess I have to take his work for it. IF you go out this weekend, send me an email [email protected].
Ya thats pretty status quo it takes about 10 fish for every keeper. The bigger baits catch less fish but larger ones. I used one of each, a micro setup 1 pound test and #10 hook and small crappie minnow, for one after another bites.... fun action, but usually no size. I used the other rod setup with a bigger hook and minnow. Not as many fish but all good size. I may have to move out back towards you, I ahve yet to catch a walleye where I am at.

Your crappies are still sitting out on the ice, you should go get them. My 2yr old son was outside the fish house playing today and came back with a few 5in crappie ice cubes. I had to explain to him why they were on the ice. It was hard to come up with a good answer, now I will tell him nknabe didn't want to clean them. Why were you keeping 5 or 6in fish in the first place?

When I was younger I had nights when I had to many bottle bass and didn't feel like cleaning fish or should I say lost the ability. But at least I let them freeze and cleaned them the next day after a little thawing in cool water and clearing of a foggy head.

Not cool leaving fish on the ice because ya didnt feel like cleaning them. Disturbing that ya post as if nothing is wrong with it.

Just Me

Even if you don't feel like cleaning, I've found if you throw them in a bucket with ice and water, usually will live for couple days, even if were out of water on slush for awhile. Don't keep them if you don't plan on cleaning them. NO EXCUSE FOR WASTING FISH!

If they were only 5-6 inches, I can only imagine what you considered "keeper" walleyes.

You dont even need to put them in a bucket, do what i do and leave them in your garage. I got some crappies from last week in my garage that are still frozen solid and fresh. Im gonna clean them tonight. But yeah 5-6inch crappies? come on...

Ok....I think he gets the point already!

You guys want to crucify him? Maybe chop off a hand? then would you guys drop it?

I'm done and no crucifying ,but sometimes people need to know how their peers feel to change. If he wanted it to stop earlier a sorry guys won't let it happen again would have helped.

Headin up tonight around 8:30 can anyone point me out in good general area to start off or if the bite is even worth the 35 minute drive? Any info would be great!

I just got back around 6 from an hour out on the lake. Marking fish on the vex but no bites. On the north end off the rock pile in the 'city'. I sure wouldn't mind a nibble once in a while.

If he was lame enough to post that he was too lazy to keep them on a site that is as sportsman like as this one I would like to think maybe he was just being goofy and jokin around to see what everyone would say. would take someone pretty brain dead to post something like that in here. personally i think he was being sarcastic especially throwing the hmong thing in there too.

well those crappies are still sitting there. there literally sitting 2 feet out my window on my shack. there all still there. i kept the bigger ones out of em. i kept like 3 of the 8inchers he had there the other day i did and all the rest were small as heck. but ya if anyones hungrey look for the green shack on the retracble trailer. there sittin right out my window. but i wasnt out fshin in my shack all day my buddies were an they been nailin them crappies like crazy and i have all the other days. i dont work so all i do is fish im only employed durin the summer at a resort so i just sit out there all day catchin them small things. people been sayin they been catchin the waleye right around there to but i havnt not caught one waleye out there this year. i just caught a few 10 plus keeper crappies and 100s of small small guys. also i guess the cops came to my shack an told my buddies i need more reflection tape around it. i was out on rush today tho thats y i didnt go to my shack an man them crappies r 100 times better! lemme tho where i shud set up for sum waleyes please.