• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bald Eagle

BirddogBenelli

i live right by the lake. is the northend doing good on the waleye? i was catchin small 10inchers 3 of em out from the reeds in about 20 feet of water. i dunno what lake to pick over ither white bear or bald eagle. i go back an forth an cant seem to get the nice guys i use to be able to get. wheres the hotspot for em

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nlange

• olbaidhh

• Tom7227

• rodmaker

Well I plan on heading out to Bald eagle some time this weekend and try to find some of those crappies. Anyone been out in the last day or two? I know its been a "little" cold so im sure not too many people have ventured out. What seems to be the best depth to sit in? 20ft? 25ft?

fished 21 feet of water last night, marking fish steady but only caught one. didnt even know he bit either

Spring Bobber!

I agree to the spring bobber. I was out there last night I had 1 rod with spring bobber it totally out fished the other.

Mr. Pickeral, I am from Cottage Grove and been hitting Bald Eagle pretty regulary now. I have had success with the crappies but limited with the eyes.

I plan to go out Saturday morn - Monday (MLK Day) I have a 8x16 Tan wheel house pulled by a light green Expedition. I want to find oome eyes though, I have enough 10-12inch crappies. Stop in and introduce yourself.

Where would these 10-12 inch crappies be hiding out? From what I have seen and heard, most people are getting the 7-8 inchers... Any help on that would be sweet!!!

Give the island a try for Eyes. s/e end of the island around 75 - 100 yds from the island. There is a shelf that tops off around 6 ft and drops off into 30 ft or so. .

Hope this helps

Where would these 10-12 inch crappies be hiding out? From what I have seen and heard, most people are getting the 7-8 inchers... Any help on that would be sweet!!!

1 in 20 are 10"-12" or so... I have caught them all between 2 and 7 pm The rest are as you described. I can only have so many in possession so... been throwing the 7-8" back unless they are going to croak, and I am at the limit. So I'm in search of walleye.

Trade anyone a great crappie spot for a walleye...lol.

olbaidhh,i have the black wheel house out there and driving a red super duty,help with 12 inches would be appeciated.

if your going north on hwy 61 from white bear youll take a left at that holiday gasstation i belive its county J im not sure then take your first left right away. its like a frontage road along 61 that the access is on

I've been out there twice in the past two days, The first day I went I was out there from 6PM-11PM. Had some nice clean fishes but only took 5 home. all around the 10.5 inches range. Went back today for about a couple hours before an event I had to go to from 1PM-5PM. We took the same thing home, although I wished to stay longer..haha..Had alot of small ones though.

Sounds good olbaidhh. I appreciate the info very much. I will try to get out that direction this weekend. If I do I will stop in an say hello. If I dont I will for sure get out next weekend. Ive got a limited amount of time this weekend, so we will see. Good luck and rip some lip.

Is there a known hot spot out there? I seriously live 5 mins away from there and have only fished that lake 3 times. Where should I start my fishing on BALD EAGLE??

Is there a known hot spot out there? I seriously live 5 mins away from there and have only fished that lake 3 times. Where should I start my fishing on BALD EAGLE??

by the island is good for crappie

Looking to take my wife to bald eagle today. I would like to try for walleye. Any help would be appreciated. This will be her first fishing of the season due to her schedule.

Went out from 4-7:45 tonight in about 17FOW. Caught very small crappies on south side of island. only kept 3, but a very nice 10"er. Fish just didn't seem to be biting tonight. marked a lot of fish though.

i was out from 1-7 an was catchin em all during 1-4 then it really slowed down when more people came out it seemed like. i was marking them alsot on the s/e corner of the island in about 30 ft of water. i had to leave because of a dumb guy parking his shack literally 5 ft from mine. also his was a great big icecastle with a big chevy next to it. an i have a shack similar to the icecastle just home made and not as nice with my truck next to. man that guy [PoorWordUsage] me off, made the ice crack like heck had his generator going right next to my shack and his vex or whatever he had just totally screwed up my fl 12. he told me it was the hotspot according to his gps. man people bug me

Fished by the island on sat from 1-6. Caught fish but not anything big. Marked a ton on the vex, but couldnt get them to bite all the time. The bite picked up right as I had to leave. Of course. Does anyone do better after 6 on most nights?

Mr. Pickeral, I am from Cottage Grove and been hitting Bald Eagle pretty regulary now. I have had success with the crappies but limited with the eyes.

I plan to go out Saturday morn - Monday (MLK Day) I have a 8x16 Tan wheel house pulled by a light green Expedition. I want to find oome eyes though, I have enough 10-12inch crappies. Stop in and introduce yourself.

Would you miind sending me an email?

jkaufer 24 at hotmail dot com

where are the northern and walleyes on this lake? im over buy the group of houses with the minnesota gophers house right now, and all i caught was crappie today. before i was by the island and all i caught was crappie there too. where do i go?

olbaidhh i was sort of right next to you. I have the crappy green 6x15 vfont wheel house with the older white f150. this is a great spot for them small crappie huh? catchin a few of them 11 inchers though. well past 2 days i been out i caught about 50 crappies that were in the 4-7 inch range then i kept 10 crappies ranging from 9 inchers to 11. are you in 30ft of water over by your shack? an howd you do today? thinkin about movin to north end. is that where them waleyes are?

nlange relax bro... when i pulled up there was no vehicles at your shack until after I had already set up shop. Your shack looked pretty vacant. Sorry if I upset you. You should have came over and fished with us while we ate grilled cheese and watched football. It was a good time. I would have even let you sit in my lazy boy. wink

na i didnt mind u pullin ur shack right next to mine at all mine. my buddie was in there holdin the place down an my lights blow in the shack so ya. but the only thing that bugged me was that wen me an the girl got back from the store i got back to my vex filled up with all red. it sorta sucked thats y i packed up an left early i was a little ticked off about that because i cant fish without the vex. also man why did you leave all them crappies out? there were a dozen plus. all tiny guys too.

please tell me you didn't just leave fish on the ice? I have seen my fair share of that on the lake, along with trash people leave behind...let small fish swim to get bigger and do everybody a favor for those who do this....PICK YOUR STUFF UP!

got a 44 inch muskie tonight on 6 lb line and a minnow head. Got to figure out how to get from my phone to computer