• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
gopher_nation

Birk should be traded!!

gopher_nation

Worst snap ever!!!

Just kidding, there was a very slim chance for the Vikes at that point in the game. He's one of our most consistent and tenured veterans. Kind of felt bad for him to have a mistake like that happen when it did.

Well Vikes, there's always next year!! SKOL SKOL SKOL

FISHINGURU

i'm kind of hoping we let birk go to free up some money personally

BlueLundFishrman

they should trade chili, tar, & chester taylor, and first round draft pick to the lions for calvin johnson

koonie

Birk won't be back. Sullivan or a free agent will be snapping the ball next year.

Hopefully Robison will get more time than Edwards next year. Robison played really well.

harvey lee

I would never release Taylor

fishindon

If you want to free up some money, unload Jackson, Peterson, Sharper and the head coach. You might get enough to sign Cassel from New England.

Dave S

Robison had an exceptional game as did Jared Allen.

Birk is getting to that point his performance may start to decline in coming years.

Hopefully Zygi is in a press conference right now firing Childress. I doubt it, but it would be nice.

Zygi is almost like a kid with a new Christmas toy that doesn't work right and doesn't know how to fix it.

croixflats

they should trade chili, tar, & chester taylor, and first round draft pick to the lions for calvin johnson
Trade Chili? even with Tayler no one would touch him.

Like HarveyLee said gotta keep Taylor

Jagsballar19

we need a quarterback whos proven themself in the NFL and that person is Matt Cassel who just so happens to be a free agent this offseason

koonie

Cassel won't be available. He'll get tagged. Besides, I really don't want to dump a bunch of money on a guy who may be a one year wonder(Derek Anderson). He wasn't all that good anyway. He played well in probably 5 games all season and his stats aren't that great. Too much risk for me. He would probably be better than what we have but not worth the money and draft picks it would cost us.

BlueLundFishrman

we need a quarterback whos proven themself in the NFL and that person is Matt Cassel who just so happens to be a free agent this offseason

I don't know that Cassell has exactly "proven" himself. But it would be nice to see the Vikes take him and dump a bunch of money into him, and give up some draft picks, to see how he pans out.

FISHINGURU

cassel isn't goin anywhere....tom brady might need another surgery and could miss all of next season.

Dave S

I don't think it sat well with the NE management that Brady chose a family doctor instead of the team doctor for his surgery either.

I say Brady is out.

snoozebutton

Who's going to throw the ball to him? Sign a free agent QB and draft one high and pick up a good possession WR and you'll be all set.

koonie

Sounds about right snoozebutton.

gopher_nation

Definately keep Taylor. He is one heck of good running back and bails us out on a lot of third downs. Great compliment to Peterson.

It'll be interesting to see what the off-season brings. I'm not on ESPN so no predictions for me. grin

Sandmannd

I would hate to see Birk go but I don't think they are planning on keeping him. He seems like a great guy, does a lot for the community and is a great player.

zamboni

I am so glad you aren't the GM, that scenario is worse than the Herschel Walker deal. Forget the first 2 names you mention, fire Chili and trade T Junk for a case of footballs. But Taylor and a first round pick to a team that just gave away a better receiver to the Cowboys?? That is insane.

glenn57

birk needs to stay. need mike vike.

Jagsballar19

In the end chilli aint the coach and we need some help from the management

Scott M

I think Birk played his last game as a Viking. Isn't he a UFA? Never got him an extension on his contract. Nice guy, used to see him at Joe's Sporting Goods every once in a while. Now I think he'll be moving elsewhere to finish his career unless he signs for less money and as a Pro Bowler how likely is that?

LMITOUT

Do you think it's a reasonable idea that they should keep the veteran Birk if they have an inexperienced QB next year? Birk is the foundation of that line and probably understands the offense better than any of them. They need some sort of leader out there.

In the post game interview he admitted he screwed up. He thought that T-Jack was calling for the ball but he was just motioning to the offense to change or whatever. Hard to pin a season on him and that one play, which by the looks of things wasn't going to be the game breaker anyway at that point.

zepman

Birks chances of re-signing here are small. They would have put a deal together long ago if they had future plans for him. Sharper is another one that's played his last game for the Vikes. Good, valuable players but both will command too much $$$ and they're on the decline talent wise.

Sandmannd

Do you think it's a reasonable idea that they should keep the veteran Birk if they have an inexperienced QB next year? Birk is the foundation of that line and probably understands the offense better than any of them. They need some sort of leader out there.

Bingo, I agree with this. Someone out there has to be able to read a defense.

The Donk

"Cough, cough, spit out coffee" Whooo! someone needs to check THEIR GM badge at the door! Calvin is twice the reciever Roy will is and I don't even need to elaborate on that!