• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
DTro

Prior Lake Truck Rescue (Lots of Pictures)

DTro

Just had these emailed to me. This happened a couple of weeks ago near the Sportsmans Access:

sunday20froze20in.jpg

sat20still20thawed.jpg

rescue20sled.jpg

SN858899.jpg

SDC10562.jpg

SDC10565.jpg

SDC10566.jpg

SDC10575.jpg

SDC10577.jpg

DTro

rescue20sled.jpg

SDC10581.jpg

SDC10584.jpg

SDC10586.jpg

icefishing21

that would suck. good thing his whole truck didnt go down and good thing they got it out.

vikingmeatwad

Truck for sale, this smart guy may be buying a lighter one :-)

That tow thing is pretty cool but how do they move it around?

polarsusd81

This is what happens when you drive a diesel on 12" of ice. Glad they got it out of there, but bummer. That looks like an expensive repair bill that insurance isn't going to cover.

DTro

That tow thing is pretty cool but how do they move it around?

The sled would use a hollow wall anchor type steel tube dropped thru a hole in the ice, then winch itself along to get to the truck, and also used it to anchor the sled when pulling the truck out.

Jordyn Kaufer

does the truck still run?

or is completely totaled??

is it a FM'ers truck??

ABreuer

thats a 1 ton right

spentshell

Its been about a week since that truck went through, how is the ice out there now?

Sandmannd

Wow, that would be harsh. All the ice on the floor won't be good, just wonder how much was around the engine then? I wouldn't take a truck that size out until you see a good 16 or more inches and even then I would use my wheeler.

Thanks for posting the pics Dtro, that tow sled is interesting looking. I'd like to se it work sometime, just not on my truck!!

SkinnyVinny05

this is going to happen on carls anyday there is 12 inches and there is trucks bigger the this driving all over with tandem axle houses attached driving all over

chasineyes

Does anyone know if your insurance will cover this. I'm seriously hoping no!!

Sandmannd

I was just thinking, maybe if he had borrowed the counties front end loader to plow a road, he would have had better luck. crazygrin

Smails

Wow, great pics. Yes, Alex, it looks like a F-350 which is a 1 ton.

honda4life

actually most insurance companies in MN will cover this in a "one time shame on you for being a dumb a$$" claim. I didnt believe it till I asked my insurance company. after that its all you. ehh its a diesel ford prolly didnt run in the first place just kidding.

CrappieFshr651

Yeah not a real genius idea to drive a truck that big out, especially on such a busy access area. If his truck does run again, i bet he wont be takin it on the ice anytime soon!

crappiefisher26

What a Moron. Lets drive a 1 ton truck on 12 inches of ice what a bright idea. You think that he would have waited until we had a bit more ice, even then it would be iffy though. You think that people would learn not to take the bigger trucks out on prior especially when theres always 1 or more trucks that go through on prior every year. Thats a real bummer, was a nice truck.

DTro

No need to send the guy through the ringer.

I heard third hand that he had parked in the same spot the previous two days.

Desperado

I have an $11,000 insurance policy that guarantees my three-quarter ton Duramax Diesel truck WILL NOT break through the ice.

waterwolff

You know to diss on a guy who in all probability feels awful over this whole episode is a bit ludicrous and is uncalled for. Who here among us has never driven on ice. As we all know no ice is absolutely safe at any given time we may come up against ice that varies substantially in any given space. All I can say is there but for the grace of God go I.

Mike

Bigtime22

I feel bad for the guy, hopefully he learned his lesson though. Let's be safe out there, just glad nobody got hurt.

croixflats

No need to send the guy through the ringer.

I heard third hand that he had parked in the same spot the previous two days.

croixflats

You know to diss on a guy who in all probability feels awful over this whole episode is a bit ludicrous and is uncalled for. Who here among us has never driven on ice. As we all know no ice is absolutely safe at any given time we may come up against ice that varies substantially in any given space. All I can say is there but for the grace of God go I.

Mike

croixflats

Both worth repeating

honda4life

this is true. id freekin break down if my truck went thru the ice. prolly in a panic, and WORST of all if hes married can you imagine the NAGGING he will hear? poor soul. hope he gets thru it I PROMISE you this... he wont be driving on a lake any time soon!