• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
FISHON71

Marcum LX3 question

Question

FISHON71

I've been having a problem with my LX-3 and just wondering if anyone could help maybe I wont have to send it in. When fishing I have to have the gain turned up to 10 all the time to see my jig. Even in shallow water 8-14 ft. have to move it to see it on the flasher. Any deeper water and its hard to see it at all. I dont really want to have to send it in during the season if I dont have to. If anyone has any info it would be appriciated. Thanks

6 answers to this question

DTro

Most likely a bad transducer.

PerchJerker

I agree, it sounds like the transducer

cliffy

I agree with the other posters. Give them a call...I had the same problem at the start of the season. I got a new one in just a couple of days......I had to pay for it. I am not complaining...just letting ya know.

Papa Grump

I have one of the first models and had to send it in twice for transducer issues , each time it cost me nothing but postage and the turn around time was within 5 days from when I sent in in through regular mail. Cost was about 7 bucks with insurance.

Shoot them a e-mail or a phone call and they will help you get back on the ice in no-time.

NCLaker

I had the same problem on an LX-3tc. Had to replace the transducer. I think it will cost you around $70, but I would call their support.

AJ

Transducer. They had bad epoxy on them a couple of years ago. Call Marcum and talk your way into a free one. You may need to send the bad one in before they send you a "free" one. The difference is amazing once you get a good one. Good luck.