• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
FISHON71

Marcum LX3 question

Question

FISHON71

I've been having a problem with my LX-3 and just wondering if anyone could help maybe I wont have to send it in. When fishing I have to have the gain turned up to 10 all the time to see my jig. Even in shallow water 8-14 ft. have to move it to see it on the flasher. Any deeper water and its hard to see it at all. I dont really want to have to send it in during the season if I dont have to. If anyone has any info it would be appriciated. Thanks

6 answers to this question

DTro

Most likely a bad transducer.

PerchJerker

I agree, it sounds like the transducer

cliffy

I agree with the other posters. Give them a call...I had the same problem at the start of the season. I got a new one in just a couple of days......I had to pay for it. I am not complaining...just letting ya know.

Papa Grump

I have one of the first models and had to send it in twice for transducer issues , each time it cost me nothing but postage and the turn around time was within 5 days from when I sent in in through regular mail. Cost was about 7 bucks with insurance.

Shoot them a e-mail or a phone call and they will help you get back on the ice in no-time.

NCLaker

I had the same problem on an LX-3tc. Had to replace the transducer. I think it will cost you around $70, but I would call their support.

AJ

Transducer. They had bad epoxy on them a couple of years ago. Call Marcum and talk your way into a free one. You may need to send the bad one in before they send you a "free" one. The difference is amazing once you get a good one. Good luck.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• waterspaniel
      caught 2-man limits of 17" walleyes every day.  biggest eyes were 26".  trolled cranks and worked jig/lindy rig w/ leeches in 8-12'.  friend's first trip to Rainy and he CPR'd a 40" pike!  he's hooked now!
    • BRULEDRIFTER
      Hard to find a lake up the trail not chock-full of invasive smallmouth. Slip bobbers and leeches, and cast towards shoreline rock piles. 
    • fish_time
      Why do you fish? We all have different goals when we go fishing. Some of us want a meal of fish to eat. Some of us just want to relax. Most of all, we want that "TROPHY" catch. We want something to brag to our friends about, the "Master Angler".   
    • CaptJohnWis
      I was not going to go yesterday but the weather was too nice to stay home. Fished about 5 hours but only got 4 bass and one pike. Not one hit on my go-to jigs & plastic! I don't recall that ever happening over 5 hours. Got a few bass on surface lures (and the pike) and a few on cranks. Water was almost 6 degrees warmer than the day before. The nights finally stayed above the low 40s so that has to have helped.   I have been marking very few fish in water less than 30 feet. I rarely fish deeper than that.   Got desperate a few days ago and went down to Pelican. Not much better down there. A few crappie and dink pike and about 6 nice bass.   Headed north of Red Lake, Ontario in a week. Hope things are going better way up there.
    • Poutwhacker
      My wife and 2 Labs are boat camping on the east side of the Brule Narrows this week. We have been here dozens of times, but with late spring, I am wondering what patterns are working for the smallies and walleyes. Thanks 'Pout
    • Rick
      Field Bred English Springer Spaniels for me at PrairieRoseGundogs.com I have a finished male ready to rock this hunting season.
    • Wanderer
      I believe @Rick raises them.   But I don’t think he has a dual sport bike....
    • CigarGuy
      Got my personal best tonight for this lake....27.5"!  My son got a 24, we also got a 17, 20.5", 22". Same area as last night. Fun couple of nights on this beautiful lake.
    • leech~~
      Cobra, welcome back.  To bad no replies in almost 3 years to your inquiry.  Their beautiful dogs but there must not be many owners of them on here?  🤔   Like I have been asking for about 4 years if there are any Dual Sport bike owners on this site?  😉
    • Cobra
      I haven't been on the website in a long time so long delayed reaction. Sorry   I do have an English Pointer and I live in Longville. My old dog passed away a few weeks ago at almost 15 years old!!! I still have my young dog with special bloodlines. His father came from the last vial of Guard Rail semen. So to have a grandson of a Hall of Fame dog that died in the early 80's is very rare.