• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Long Awaited Boyscout Landing Report

So I finally got down there today (saturday). Was an "interesting" day to say the least. First off, there were 3 shacks there...a blue, black, and green...any FM'ers in there? I was the guy with no portable just upstream from you. Anyway, I get there and the snow starts blowing, was almost white out conditions. But after about 10 minutes it stopped, and actually ended up being pretty nice out. I drilled 4 or 5 holes in 9 to 14 ft of water. It's definitely different icefishing a river than a lake. I also forgot how dark that st. louis water is! So I don't catch anything (was using shiners and chartreuse buckshots). The guys in the portables take off, so I walk over there with my vexilar to check the depths. The area is covered in slush and water...right when I'm about to check a hole...SPLASH!!!! I stepped in a hole and went down just past my knee! I was wearing artic armor so it took a few seconds for my foot to actually get wet...and OH BOY was that water cold!!! shocked My foot was stuck in the hole and I couldn't get it out, pulled my foot out of the boot to get it out, reached back down the hole and luckily the boot was still stuck down there...took a couple yanks to get it out though. Luckily I had some foot warmers in my pocket, took the insulation out of my boot and put the warmers in...was a chilly walk back to the car.

So yeah, not so much a fishing report. It was pretty cool to finally be down there though. And although I didn't catch anything, I still want to come back and give it another shot. Hopefully next time I can stay dry.

Don't worry JB many spectacular adventures start out with a not so wonderful blunder. Better luck next time, and step lightly!

Yeah that was us. You didn't miss anything. I think we were marking some fish, but with that current it is hard to tell. I kept marking another hole 6' a way when the current picked up.

I have been out there twice in the last week and a half and haven't had a single bite. Anyone have any tips?

I had a couple blimps on my vex, but who knows what they were...could've been walleyes, could've been a school of ruffe.