• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Walleye,Crappie by day, Big Pike by night!

Fishing the last few days has been very good. With all the snow, we have been seeing quite the day bite. A couple days ago we had a good bite from 11am-2pm on Gull and they ended up with six eater walleyes and a dozen perch. Crappie minnows and rainbows were the ticket. These all came off the weedline in 15 fow. The crappie/sunfish bite has been very good during the day, with small jigging spoons producing alot of fast action. The last two nights have produced a couple monster pike, after dark. Last night was a 36" on a 1/8 ounce jiggin spoon around 6:30pm and tonight was a pig 40" that hit a big spearing sucker decoy on a tip-up inside the house,around the same time. grin

Traxx I live in pillager, have spent alot of time on gull in the fall getting after walleyes but only a few unsuccessful times during the winter. I know what works for colors, but could you point me in a direction. If you don't want to post anything on here my email is

[email protected]

thanks

Traxxx , you have any pics of those nice fish? fyi , make shure they are not in violation of the forum policy!

Eastman,

I typically use a 1/8oz Lindy Rattlin Flyer tipped with a shiner head or a buckshot spoon with a minnowhead. On the second line, I will use a plain or glow hook under a bobber,with a whole minnow. I usually fish next to the weedlines in the mornings or evenings. During the day I will move out deeper depending on the conditions. Look for hard bottom areas,humps,points,inside turns, weedbeds..ect. Hope this helps. Good Luck

Thanks for the tips i really appreciate it . Is the ice drivable?? I am hoping to head out around 7 in the morning. Have you heard how anyone is doing off of 371 access?

Haven't seen much vehicle traffic yet. I've pulled a house out with my truck, not too far from shore though. I think a sled would be the best option right now. You should be able find a few over by the access there.

send the picture to your email then upload it to photobucket off your email then you will be able to put it on here hope that helps ya out...

this is a picture off my cell phone, not very clear but i just had to take one of this hawg!

Any help on getting a pic off a cell phone?

go to your album on photobucket and by th etop you can send the pics from your phone straight to photobucket. put the cursor on the pic highlight the bottom address and paste it to your post and then submit it and it should come up.look in the photo sharing forum it explains there.

Nice pics. Probably had something similar on last night, the battle only lasted a minute though, line broke.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mulefarm
      With the early ice out, how is the curlyleaf pondweed doing?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big basin, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  Zippel Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  Everything is shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. With the walleye / sauger season currently closed, most anglers are targeting sturgeon and pike.  Some sturgeon anglers are fishing at the mouth of the Rainy River, but most sturgeon are targeted in Four Mile Bay or the Rainy River.  Hence, pike are the targeted species on the south shore and various bays currently.   Pike fishing this time of year is a unique opportunity, as LOW is border water with Canada, the pike season is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. Back bays hold pike as they go through the various stages of the spawn.  Deadbait under a bobber, spinners, spoons and shallow diving crankbaits are all viable options.   Four Mile Bay, Bostic Bay and Zippel Bay are all small water and boats of various sizes work well. On the Rainy River...  Great news this week as we learned sturgeon will not be placed on the endangered species list by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.     The organization had to make a decision by June 30 and listing sturgeon could have ended sturgeon fishing.  Thankfully, after looking at the many success stories across the nation, including LOW and the Rainy River, sturgeon fishing and successful sturgeon management continues.   A good week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  Speaking to some sturgeon aficionados, fishing will actually get even better as water temps rise.     Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River near the Wheeler's Point Boat Ramp is still producing good numbers of fish, as are various holes along the 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  A few spots with rotten ice, but as a rule, most of the Angle is showing off open water.  In these parts, most are looking ahead to the MN Fishing Opener.  Based on late ice fishing success, it should be a good one.  
    • leech~~
      Nice fish. I moved to the Sartell area last summer and just thought it was windy like this everyday up here? 🤭
    • Rick G
      Crazy windy again today.... This is has been the norm this spring. Between the wind and the cold fronts, fishing has been more challenging for me than most years.  Panfish have been moving in and out of the shallows quite a bit. One day they are up in the slop, the next they are out relating to cabbage or the newly sprouting lilly pads.  Today eye guy and I found them in 4-5 ft of water, hanging close to any tree branches that happened to be laying in the water.  Bigger fish were liking a 1/32 head and a Bobby Garland baby shad.   Highlight of the day way this healthy 15incher
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      As I typed that here came a hen.  IMG_7032.mov   IMG_7032.mov
    • monstermoose78
      So far this morning nothing but non turkeys. 
    • monstermoose78
      Well yesterday I got a little excited and let a turkey get to close and I hit the blind!!
    • smurfy
      good......you?? living the dream..in my basement playing internet thug right now!!!!!! 🤣 working on getting the boat ready.......bought a new cheatmaster locator for the boat so working on that.   waiting for warmer weather to start my garden!!!
    • monstermoose78
      How is everyone doing? Holy moly it’s chilly this morning I stayed in bed and will hunt later today when it warms up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.