• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
whitetailfreak

gull lake report

whitetailfreak

me and some good friends of mine went out to gull the last 2 nights and have done very well!! we managed 19 walleyes tonight, and 11 last night. very fun,fish were very aggressive.. got the majority on a rattling flyer spoon from lindy tackle, and caught a few on tip ups to.

walleye365

whitetail how deep

Sportland_Bait

The last few days have been pretty decent in some spots. I don't know why they turned on but they did. It is a bugger getting around out there but if you can get out there I think you can catch a few.

Jason Erlandson

late night

To everybody going out of the Yaut Club (I have no idea how to spell that, sorry) I will be the dude trapped under a shelter laying blocks. Honk twice so I know you are and FM'er and if I jump in the back of your truck as you go buy, just keep going and take me fishen, better that worken.

Charley

Thats good fishin. How big were they?

whitetailfreak

we were jiggin in about 18 fow, and had tip ups set in about 12. caught most jigging, but did get a few on tip ups, biggest was 23 inches, smallest was like 12 inches.

walleye365

thanks for the info whitetail

Vex Guy

Any travel with trucks?

whitetailfreak

ha travel with trucks is not looking the best. it can be done, but be prepare to break through the frozen slush,

brainerdwalleye

Wwe have a pretty decent road out of ernies . the bite has been on & off biggest this weekend is 27". 18' - 21'

buddha

Great reports guys, I couldn't catch crud on Saturday. Was fishing from 25 to 10 ft using all the trusty lures. Maybe next time.

whitetailfreak

heading up for the next 2 days should have a report on wednesday..

lrrpinman

I've never fished Gull before, and I'm going to try and go this weekend with my Dad. Does anyone have any areas that I could try for some walleyes?

brainerdwalleye

give me a call 218-820-7757

Sportland_Bait

It really depends on how you are getting around out on the lakes. If you have a snowmobile you can go anywhere, if not you are pretty limited to the areas that have been well travelled. There is a pretty good road out of Ernies on the south end of the lake. There is also a good path out from the hole in the day access. You'll see where the houses are set up. Just set up along the breakline in 14-26 feet of water. The magic time is from 3:30 until a little after dark. During the day you will catch more perch and an occasional walleye. If you are fishing two holes I would hang a shiner in one and jig in the other. There have been a few decent reports lately so you may have some good luck.

Jason Erlandson

Chode2235

How is the slush, can I travel around on my wheeler?

bmc2b

How thick is the ice out of Hole in the Day access where most people are set up?

Sportland_Bait

I don't think I would take an atv now. Just too much slush. There is about 14 inches of ice around the Hole in the Day area.

Jason Erlandson

hitech34

Went out of hole in the day with chains on if your not afaid of water an slush an under 12 inches of ice that i measured i thought that their was more being that people have been driving for two weeks now plus the slush sticks on truck fishing is allright out their lots of small stuff atvs might make it i wiouldnt try it u hit slush yuor screwed snowmobiel

is the answer

Chode2235

Thanks, I didn't realize it was still so slushy.

mudpig

hey brainerd walleye, i got your number, im gonna look u up thursday or friday or maybe this weekend, lets do some fishing.

whitetailfreak

hey guys just got back from gull.. first day was very slow, lots of lookers but only 4 takers, picked up at night we caught 7 right before dark, and 1 after. no big ones. next day was better, caught 8 in the morning and durring the day, and then caught 14 at dusk and after dark. nothing big.. only big fish was an eel pout crazy biggest walleye was about 21 inches.

shakojdub1425

hey guys just got back from gull.. first day was very slow, lots of lookers but only 4 takers, picked up at night we caught 7 right before dark, and 1 after. no big ones. next day was better, caught 8 in the morning and durring the day, and then caught 14 at dusk and after dark. nothing big.. only big fish was an eel pout crazy biggest walleye was about 21 inches.

hey whitetail were did you drive out onto on gull? Me and a couple buddies heading up this weekend. Any help would be much appriciated.

whitetailfreak

we went off of a buddies land where his cabin is with snowmobiles.. we were fishing up around the bow tie bar area if that helps any.

s_floater

ernies has a nice road out. very little slush where i have been. Have not caught hardly anything going to move in alitle today and see what happens.