• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Waconia Fishing

Waylon&Willy

I went out last night and couldnt keep the perch off the line befroe dark but once sunset hit i caught three walleyes between 6 and 10. One 15 1/2 and the other two were around 19 or so! cant wait to give her another shot tom! i have to work tonight other wise i would be out there sgain!

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BuckKiller

• CARVER_COUNTRY

• honda4life

• iceman1212

I was in 14 feet using fatheads with a plain glow green hook. I wish i could find some shinners but that seems to be impossible.

Well it nice to see someone is actualy catching some walleyes! congrats Jimmyrig! Keep up the good work.

Iceking let me know if you need another person in your house this weekend! i feel homeless now that i pulled my house home and have all this extra time on my hands. I would like to meet up with you again before you pull yours home too(that is if its still out there?)if it is give me a call when you get the chance

Thanks

Hey CarverCountry if you would like i have extra room in my house if you would like to attened! usually its only me and a buddy but he went up north north for the weekend so shoot me an email at jimmyrig565 at hotmail dot com look forward to hearing form you

It seems to me, everyone thinks shiners are the go-to bait for walleye or they HAVE TO HAVE shiners if they are available. Let me tell you its not the case. Walleyes love fatheads too. I have caught more walleyes with fatheads this year even when I had shiners in my bait bucket. Sometimes a walleye will prefer a fathead over a shiner. As long as your on the spot and the weather is right, they will bite. Location is key.

Carver I pulled the house off due to the weather, but I am planning on putting it back out tomorrow. I will give you a call this weekend.

Several times this year we have had a crappie minnow, a fathead, and a sucker(sometimes shiner) all down at the same time and we have had pike and walleyes hitting the smaller minnows and I dont think we have gotten anything through the hole on a shiner or sucker. It is becoming very obvious they want smaller minnows, it a re-occurring trend out there. Our problem is the smaller minnow are usually on a light walleye or panfish setup and gotten our line snapped a couple times because of this, and 1 lost huge fish because the hook was too small.

Got out to Waconia for some fishing last night with a friend, Jonathan, exploring some new territory. Punched a few holes around Pilsbury in 12-15 FOW, didn't see anything on the flasher but perch, so I moved to the big hole in 23 FOW. Right away I marked fish and caught an eater sized crappie, so I set up there. Action was constant and got a limit of eaters, but nothing over 10". What worked best was a glow ratso tipped with a euro or two. The live bait seemed to be key in getting 'em to bite.

BTW, I bought a new vex FL20 last monday and got to try it out for the first time last night. Love that zoom, love the flat screen. Wow, what a sweet piece! Can't wait to try the low power setting in shallow/weedy conditions.

Anyone going after late season walleyes? I will be hitting it hard with only a little over a week left.

You can catch me out there! Now that a bunch of houses pulled off, there wont be as much traffic... maybe all that rain was a good thing!! Until next time keep the bobber under the ice!!!

lots of traffic in that area tonight and very few fish to be caught-generators running everywhere and the music making my house shake and I was a ways away. 2 Tanks of gas out there till 8 tonight and only 4 tiny crappies

lots of traffic in that area tonight and very few fish to be caught-generators running everywhere and the music making my house shake and I was a ways away. 2 Tanks of gas out there till 8 tonight and only 4 tiny crappies

I was in Waconia (turds)bay and there were people driving around all hours of the night. At about 1 am a couple of d-horns were doing donuts and reving thier engines by the access by the marina. On the fishing front, worked hard to get a handful of gills and one crappie. High pressure I fear is to blame. Watched limits of crappie and sunfish on the camera that would not bite or even look at the waxies or crappie minnows. Did get to watch a muskie swim through and make the panfish scatter. That was cool.

was out yesterday and did very well on perch. brought 10 keepers home all in the 9-10 inch range. Was fishing in 12 FOW.

26 fow in pillbury is producing tons of crappies starting at 6:00pm - 7:00am. usually can get my limit of 10 inch fish by 8:00pm tho

Hey Fishnhunt4ever. I really want to say thank you for posting a nice success story. It isn't too often that people share such a good report. I have not fished Waconia yet this winter. Been hanging out on Phelps over on Minnetonka. Been hammering the crappies in 30 feet of water. At night they are hanging 2-4 feet off the bottom. I just had a little question for you. I was looking at the Twin Cities Area Fishing Map Guide, and maybe the publication is wrong or really outdated, but it doesn't show 26 fow. I see that you are in NYA. If you send me an email at [email protected], I may have another tip for you for Lake Waconia. My uncle and father in law are doing really well out there as well, on a different part of the lake. Would like to compare notes with you offline if you are interested. Thanks, Pikeguy.

oh come on now, why the hush hush, isnt that what this forum is about? fishinhunt as well as myself and others have posted about their sucess or lack there of on this forum now you want more from him in private in exchange for a hot or not so hot spot? Lets share the wealth or not bring it up at all.

26 fow in pillbury is producing tons of crappies starting at 6:00pm - 7:00am. usually can get my limit of 10 inch fish by 8:00pm tho

Way to go Timothy

Originally Posted By: FISHNHUNT4EVER

Way to go Timothy

GO GET EM TIMMY!!

People are still driving trucks out there. If you dont feel comfortable then dont push it but if it was up to me i would be driving out there still!

Hello all... Heading to waconia with a buddy tomorrow evening and looking for some recent reports. Are the crappies still around that 25ish foot mark? I saw pillsbry for crappies... anywhere else? waxies? minnows?

How about walters? any eyes being caught during the evening? Looking for any info I can get as I'm not going to be out there for very long and want to avoid too much moving around.

THANKS MUCH!

Just head to the 25' hole, plenty of medoicre crappies to keep you busy, with a few nice ones mixed in. Just drill some holes and they should come in around 6PMish. I never bother with crappie minnows. I was out there sunday night, me and my son were using glow ratsos tipped with eurolarvae and my buddy was using crappie minnows. He got one crappie and we caught quite a few. He's pretty stubborn and would not switch up so after watching us outfish him he called it a night.

The key is to call 'em in with some aggressive jigging up and down the water column a few feet off the bottom, then slow things down once you see fish on your flasher.

Tomorrow night I want to try shallower along weededges for some bigger crappies and bluegills too.

Last weekend for walleyes!! CARVERCOUNTRY, you been pullin any eyes through the ice lately?? Swing by the house friday night, they wont leave my fatheads alone!!

Thanks Calvinist! If you're out tomorrow evening and see me feel free to stop by and say hi. We'll be in a small 2 person Dave Genz fish trap.

Last weekend for walleyes!! CARVERCOUNTRY, you been pullin any eyes through the ice lately?? Swing by the house friday night, they wont leave my fatheads alone!!

Iceman the house is home so i might just have to swing over and say hi! Is it still in the same spot? (the honey hole as you call it?) ill bring the beverages this time since i drank all yours last time! i still have your dvd that you left in my house awhile back so ill bring that back for ya. O yea i have room for you on saturday if your still interested in chasing pike on you know where!

Calvinist try small small crappie minnows on little plain hooks! it seems to be working for me. But i guess i have never tried larva so i might just have to see what can produce! thanks for the tip! Has anyone been doing good on the sunnies? i can find them one night and then the next night i only can catch like three or four keepers out of the same holes. Also has anyone heard if andersons is kicking out any fish?

Sounds like a plan CARVER, yep I am still on top of the same honey hole! HEY RICHARD YOU STILL GETTING THEM IN THE MORNING?? Until next time keep the bobber under the ice!!

Sounds like a plan CARVER, yep I am still on top of the same honey hole! HEY RICHARD YOU STILL GETTING THEM IN THE MORNING?? Until next time keep the bobber under the ice!!

I brought home 3 nice eaters from last night. It seems like I was up almost every hour or so with the sound of the rattle reels going off. They were really hungry right before the cold front! At one point I even had a double going.

im bring my 9yr old daughter out to waconia on sunday i havent really spent much time on the lake but she loves to catch sunnies and crappies can anyone pm me a good spot to fish?