• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Waconia Fishing

Waylon&Willy

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BuckKiller

• CARVER_COUNTRY

• honda4life

• iceman1212

i believe you started it with the comment about a chick holding a catfish.

But yea lets get back to the subject anyways enough girl talk on this FISHING forum.

So what seems to be working for you these days on waconia for panish? Depth? color? waxies/larva/minnows?

WOULD YOU LIKE GPS COORDS TOO? LOL JUST PLAYIN. SMALL GREEN GLOW JIGS IN ABOUT 15 TO 16 FEET OF WATER ON A BREAK WITH NO WEEDS. MAKE IT QUIVER BUT DONT JIG TOO HARD. THE BIGGEST ONES ARE FOLLOWING IT UP IF U PULL IT UP SLOWLY.

No no no i dont need your GPS coordinates. I fish this lake enough in the winter time and i have my own spots. i just couldnt handle all the girl talk on here and would like to see what was working and what wasnt with every one and get the forum back on track!

lol yup but girls are equally important as fishin'...sometimes

Get married Tim and you will start thinking twice LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No no no i dont need your GPS coordinates. I fish this lake enough in the winter time and i have my own spots. i just couldnt handle all the girl talk on here and would like to see what was working and what wasnt with every one and get the forum back on track!

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: 169Sportsman
Add me to the list of people who have had there houses broken into. mad Broke out my side window and crawled in. Didnt take anything luckily. Only thing I can figure is they were looking for high dollar items and there were none or they got scared off. House was just west of Pillsbury off by itself. Guess I need some bars across the windows but it kind of clashes with the knotty pine. lol

Tom,

That sucks! Was your house still in the spot that it was when I was next to you? Or did this happen after you moved it?

First of all, I want to say I am fortunate enuf to not be a statistic (knock, knock, knock on wood) but for the ones that are, I am sorry. I can't imagine going out to my shack and finding that someone has broken into it. I don't leave anything of too much of value in mine when I don't stay overnight but just knowing that someone broke in, would suck! Being that I am new to this site, I am not going to chirp too much but I AM going to put in my 2 cents worth...what the heck is wrong with people these days? Is the economy THAT bad where people need to break into a man cave, steal what we consider priceless possessions, and sell it for a "profit"? Get a friggin JOB! If a person would open up the Trib, there are numorous job openings...most you don't need a degree for! But wait, that would mean actually EARNING money vs. stealing money. I say that because 100% of the people that break into a fish house are low-life's who never went to college and there wife/ girlfriend just cheated on them...or high school kids thinking they are cool because they stole beer. I had my house out on Waconia all of last week...I fished in it 3 nights and was fortunate not to have anyone break in. However, I slept horribly the nights I wasn't out there because I was worried about it! Yeah, I could have brought it off the lake but I was on a "HOT SPOT" and didn't want to have to pull it around and have to redrill my holes in a different spot all the time.

Anyway, I'll be done. I just wish there was something a guy could do to be able to leave a house on the lake and not have to worry so much about it being broken into...there is always a chance, but some lakes have a higher break-in rate than others...Waconia being one of them. What can we do on Lake Waconia to bring down the rate? I think we should have a member of FM to sign up for a time slot that they will be out there and just drive or walk around to monitor and catch these little SOB's. I'd be willing to bet that the break-in rate would go down out there. Probably not a realistic idea but it is a start for some discussion...

Chad

Chad....All I can say is AMEN BROTHER!!! Scum, low-life's....Anyway, I used to have a perm on Mille Lacs. At that time the resort I was at was getting hit pretty hard with break-ins(no fault of theirs...). I prevented a breakin by installing "shutters" with two locks on each over the picture windows and installed a deadbolt on the door plus a regular lock. The locks I used were the trailer locks that can't be cut by bolt cutters. They tried to kick in my door but all they got was a sore foot. I was like you before I installed all of this...couldn't sleep at night. Sucks we have to do things like this.

Shakman

Just wait until one of these people break into a house where someone is waiting for them, or just so happens to be there at the time and gets the [PoorWordUsage] kicked out of them. Once that hits the news it might help the break in rate go down a bit.

I would love to set up a "bait house" and be waiting with a couple guys inside...I would want to be the first one out of the door to get in the first shot! Heck, we could have our own TV show called "Bait House" (no pun intended) just like Bait Car. Sad thing is that it is probably a group of a few people doing it and they know what houses to hit. So you are right Mr. Hall, get one and it would probably take care of a bunch of it...we would just have to make sure the guy couldn't move so we would have to call the cops out there and an the medics...make it be the top story on the news. I don't think a couple guys beating the living snot out of a perpetrator who could put your own life in danger is a crime. It would be something known as "self defense" and we just were making sure the guy wasn't going hurt us! Good idea! Who wants to help?

Chad

I don't have a perm, but I'm in for a shift of night-watch! I'd love to catch the people who do these things also. Our warehouse got broken into a year ago by 3 guys. When the cops caught them, and we inspected our shop, we found that they had only taken an old 11" tube TV. In order to actually use the thing, they would have had to buy a $40 digital conversion box now: way more than the TV is even worth! I can just imagine 3 guys trying to split the $5 cash they would've gotten from the pawn shop...

As for my residence, I have a conceal and carry permit (not that you need one in your own home) and several handguns, but I also have a Tazer and pair of police handcuffs. Instead of going through all the hassle and legalities of actually shooting someone, my plan of action would be to tazer the SOB, cuff one of his wrists to one ankle as he's doing the crappie flop on the floor (see, this IS still a fishing forum!), then beat him to within an inch of his life before the cops got there to take him away. My defense: he broke in, got into a physical altercation with me- during which I was able to beat him senseless- then he went at my wife so we tazered and we cuffed him so he couldn't threaten us anymore. Aaahhh, the sweet smell of justice. The only thing worse than these types of people are the ones who steal LEGALLY, like having 5 kids while on welfare, getting free school supplies and lunches, and trying to squeak every other penny they can out of the honest taxpayers, without ever trying to make a life for themselves...

Oh yeah, and the fishing has been OK for us; lighter color glow jig in 12-17 FOW with very cautious jigging (no fast or big movements). Watched a lot of em completely ignore it, but the ones that are interested need to be finessed.

Oh yeah...I have been so worked up over people breaking into houses that I forgot what this website was actually for...FISHING REPORTS and info!

Last week was pretty good for us. Monday night we had 21 crappies between 9-13" that we kept between 2 houses and 4 guys...caught a bunch more but they were less than 9". Tuesday wasn't as good...we (my wife and I) ended up with 10 between 9-12" but it took from 5pm til midnight (we stayed overnight but nothing past 112am). Again, had a bunch but a lot of small ones as well. Didn't fish Wednesday or Thursday. Friday wasn't good. Only kept 3 between 10-12" and didn't have many more. Corked lines with lighter colors seemed to work the best for me...finess, finess, finess. Not fun fishing like that but if you want to put some in the pan, you'll have to. Found them from 6" off bottom to 6' off bottom in 12-17 FOW. Also, try different hooks and sizes of minnows...try different ways to hook the minnow too.

Then I moved off of Pilsbury to try to find some eyes for the overnight bite with the moon being a day away from full...I just ventured out with my H2O and found a spot that I thougt I could catch some. Drilled some holes, found an edge, and started fishing. Had a 15" and a 18.75" eye...plus i broke a line on something that felt nice for the 10 seconds I had it on.

Hope this helps some people that want to get their kids out to catch some fish...also, if you want a faster paced sunfish bite, find a weed line in 8-10 FOW and start fishing. The kids love catching those sunnies...Some are even worth the pan!

Going to the Alex area this weekend...I hope people have some success on the pond!

Chad

Quick detour from the fish for a second, but still on the topic of forums: Where do yall have your pictures at for the avatars? I understand that you can't upload one; It has to be on the web somewhere, correct? I'm somewhat computer savvy, heck I even have a MySpace (finally) but don't know about any of these photo sites or how to get a pic up for an avatar. Maybe there's several different options??? Thanks in advance for any help!

Go to a photo hosting site and register, that is the first step. Photobucket is very popular around here.

The just log into your account, find where it says upload photo(s) and upload them to the site. Once you have the photo you want uploaded, it should give you a link to your photo, or I think you can "right-click" on the photo and select "Properties" and it will show you the link.

Use this link to add a photo to your avatar or a picture in a post.

There are more detailed instructions in the Photo Sharing forum I think.

Go to a photo hosting site and register, that is the first step. Photobucket is very popular around here.

The just log into your account, find where it says upload photo(s) and upload them to the site. Once you have the photo you want uploaded, it should give you a link to your photo, or I think you can "right-click" on the photo and select "Properties" and it will show you the link.

Use this link to add a photo to your avatar or a picture in a post.

There are more detailed instructions in the Photo Sharing forum I think.

I figured there wasn't much to it. Thanks!

has anybody been having luck on walleyes in the last week. I've only managed to cattch one in the last week and a half. If so how deep?

is it just me or does anyone else think we need a better slot on Waconia. I am seeing way way too many 22-26" fish being kept. This over 16" is a very bad slot, maybe a protected slot of say 18-28" would be better. Of course then we have everyone keeping thesed 12" fish. I just cant understand what someone thinks when they stick a knife to a 24" eye.

Quote:
is it just me or does anyone else think we need a better slot on Waconia. I am seeing way way too many 22-26" fish being kept. This over 16" is a very bad slot, maybe a protected slot of say 18-28" would be better. Of course then we have everyone keeping thesed 12" fish. I just cant understand what someone thinks when they stick a knife to a 24" eye.

Boy, if I had a buck for every “Arm Chair” fish biologist that post’s, I would be a millionair wink

Let's stick to the reports guys like others have asked! smile

Quote:

Boy, if I had a buck for every “Arm Chair” fish biologist that post’s, I would be a millionair wink

Let's stick to the reports guys like others have asked! smile

ditto... I like waconia's slot

I spent a lot of time on Waconia this past summer and late fall working for walleyes, and I have to tell you that every walleye I caught was below the slot limit with the exception of one. It was about 3 pounds and it tasted great. 12 times on the water for one eatable fish. I almost threw it back, but all the time I was spending on the lake, while my wife was home in bed. Well. let's just say she was starting to get a little suspicious. Normally I wouldn't keep a 3 pound fish, but under the cirumstances, I live to fish another day!

Don't get me wrong, I like catching fish, but it goes to show you that if we didn't have a slot, we wouldn't even have the small ones to catch. I don't know that there is a good answer to this one. It is a walleye lake close to the metro that gets a lot of pressure?

How are the roads? Has Inn Town been out with the plow? How far north have they gone?

Also, what's travel "off road" with all this snow? Is it sled only now or will a wheeler (sportin' 28" tires) make it through?

My buudy and I are thinking of dragging his big crank down out this weekend and needed a bit of first hand info...

Thanks...

you will be fine in a 4x4 truck if you want to pull it. 20" of ice if not more and the snow isnt all that deep. may be a few tough spots but you will be fine.

How are the roads? Has Inn Town been out with the plow? How far north have they gone?

Also, what's travel "off road" with all this snow? Is it sled only now or will a wheeler (sportin' 28" tires) make it through?

My buudy and I are thinking of dragging his big crank down out this weekend and needed a bit of first hand info...

Thanks...

I drive my car where ever I want... you will be more than fine.

Better chance at a trophy this way, dont like it go up to Mille lacs i guess ha Buck?

lol got that right... there are a ton of "walleye lakes"

KOTTKE, I totally agree with you, anything that comes out of my house that is more than 20 inches goes back down the hole. I dont understand why ppl keep 22-26 inchers!

Originally Posted By: KOTTKE

KOTTKE, I totally agree with you, anything that comes out of my house that is more than 20 inches goes back down the hole. I dont understand why ppl keep 22-26 inchers!

ummm... Maybe they are thinking fish for supper... what does [PoorWordUsage] me off about this forums is so many people think fishing is a true sport... Fishing in my household was a way of life to keep people fed and food bills down... now that being said was 20 years ago when the price to go fishing was not so expensive... Same with hunting... own a gun for 20 years keep the special clothing to a minimum and hunt some farmers back 40... butcher your own deer... and you can still not lose money doing something that has been a way of life for so long.

Now a days i spend 400$ on a fish locator, 300$ on an auger.... then all the other equipment.. just to hear someone COMPLAIN if i keep a fish they don't agree with...

People are always saying teach a kid to fish, hunt... the values of the outdoors...

the values i was raise with were

1. only keep or shoot what you are going to eat.

2. respect nature leave it as you found it...(not covered in litter and trash)

3. conservation... which refers to #1.

and 1 24" fish will feed my family as good as 3 15"'s will

Long live that fish tell it meets my frying pan.

Sorry if that hurts your chance at one for the WALL... that's not what fishing is about to me.