• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Minnewaska Fishing Reports - Ice Conditions

There are several landings around the lake. One on the Starbuck side near the Water's Edge/Starbuck Beach. Plenty on the Glenwood side including the DNR landing, Lakeside, and Glenwood Beach.

Is there any areas to stay away from, natural springs, flow, etc... that typically never freeze over or are thin?

Everything is locked up pretty tight. Priest point can be sketchy early in season but is fine now. Was 16-18 inches of ice two weeks ago

Tough bite today. Tried a couple spots. Got a few walleyes but really had to work for them. Jigging worked the best.

I know I asked this question already, but with the warmer weather can a car still get around okay or is the ice/snow not solid on top layer anymore?

My brother drives his car out to my permanent almost every day. Just watch out for drifts and should be good. The fishing has slowed down so I will be out scouting sunday.

Thanks, yes travel was a piece of cake with my Buick LeSabre. Fishing was dead slow yesterday!! Found multiple schools of fish, however they are not hungry.

Went out to waska got my limit friday. Went to the get together saturday on osakis. Came back out to waska caught a dozen over the night didnt keep any. I would also like to add the night bite is happening for gills give it a shot 12-3 was stupid good both nights. Hit smaller lakes on sunday had some nice fish caught. Waska is still driveable but some of the smaller lakes are slushie.

Thanks for the report Clayton. We will be coming up in a couple weeks for our yearly get together so keep the reports coming.

Went out to waska got my limit friday. Went to the get together saturday on osakis. Came back out to waska caught a dozen over the night didnt keep any. I would also like to add the night bite is happening for gills give it a shot 12-3 was stupid good both nights. Hit smaller lakes on sunday had some nice fish caught. Waska is still driveable but some of the smaller lakes are slushie.

Were the gills suspended during the nite bite?

Tried waska for the first time this yr on the glenwood end.. hit about 12-13 ft of water, marked a ton of fish got em to chase about 1-2 ft off the bottom but no takers. Did manage a 3 lb pike on my panfish rig which my 7 yr old had a blast with though! im having a hard time this yr finding the pannies!

Most of the fish I have been catching are hugging the bottom the crappies do come in suspended but im only fishing 13-17 ft so not too many suspended fish. The gills almost always have been hugging the bottom so far this year. Most fish were caught on plastics again.

Want to try waska on Friday for sunnies and crappies, how are the roads and any reports as to what areas to try?

Ahhh...feel the heat! Amazing how 20F feels after -24 yesterday.

Accesses that I checked were in good condition and relatively level...should not be a problem getting wheel houses on and off.

Roads on lake are also pretty good. Only about 6 to 8 inches of snow on the lake so not hard to get around to just about anywhere you want to go. There are some banks were houses used to be that you have to keep an eye out for...but all it all conditions are excellent. 26-30 inches of ice is mostly what I have heard...might need an extension in some spots or if your house sits high off the ice. I have not heard of or seen any slush anywhere.

Fish have been a little tight lipped but they are down there...all over the camera. This warm weather should get things going.

Fish On...and on...and on...and on!

Ill be up today kyle. Got a couple groups going out there so gotta tend. Ill stop by this weekend and say hi. Today is gonna be awesome other than the wind. I will be keeping zero fish this weekend unless I accidentaly catch a walter.

Waska is in great condition....26-30 inches of ice so You might need an extension. Only about 6 to 8 inches of snow but there are a few drifts from where fish houses were at...keep an eye out for them. Accesses are also in good condition. All in all things look really good for this time of year.

Fish On!

hows the walleye bite going there? is there any kind of day or night bite or only morning and evening around dark? also i see the lake doesn't get very deep, do most people fish the bottoms of drops? thanks

Hey LandDr or clayton08 how about a waska report. Our group is heading up the end of this week and we were wondering how the fishing is.

To anyone coming up waska has over 30 inches of ice bring an extension if you plan on fishing out of a wheelhouse. The fishing has been decent if you get on an active school. The trouble is finding them sometimes. The last time I went out it was not the best action ever it was a tough bite period. Travel is somewhat limited but should be able to access whole lake with 4by4 truck at least I can. Watch out for drifts and they fish are all over the lake with different spots working better for different species. Its always a good idea to start by the houses then wander away from them on waska if you dont know the lake. Fishing should pick up once we can hole hop outside without just about dying.

Thanks for the report Clayton. Sounds like the previous three years that I have been there. We just go out in no man's land and drill until we find some fish and then work them over. Definitely is easier when it's warmer out. We'll see what happens.

• The title was changed to Lake Minnewaska Fishing Reports - Ice Conditions