• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Minnewaska Fishing Reports - Ice Conditions

I was out everyday this weekend and yesterday the shore ice by lakeside was breaking up pretty good. I had a 12 foot ladder and needed every foot of it. The fish were tough had to really work them with plastics producing much more fish than live bait. Sunday there were 6 other guys out in the spot I was fishing and they were barely catching anything and every single guy came up to me to see what I was using same as saturday. I ended up with 7 keeper crappies and 13 sunnies. On saturday I limited out on crappies and sunfish. Here are some pics and there was about 24 inches sunday afternoon when I was out there but if your going out I would suggest wearing wadders. Biggest crappie this weekend was 13.5 inches gills were average size nothing huge.full-29588-32632-waskalateice1.jpg

full-29588-32633-waskalate2.jpg

full-29588-32634-waskalate3.jpg

full-29588-32635-waskalate4.jpg

Heard the marina is open

I heard that too, but last week...Wrong! apologies for posting "I heard - (insert rumor / cafe talk). Will stick to the facts from here on....

Anyone been by lately? Ice was pulled out past the bull rushes behind hobo park last week. But there was a strong nw wind that day.

I drove from Starbuck to Glenwood around 11am today. Marina is open, but lake is still capped.

Report is waska is open. Looks like I need to stock up on plastics for weekend

Waska is not open. I didn't go by the Starbuck end...but just driving in to Glenwood from the south it appears to be about 50%.

Let's see what it looks like tomorrow.

Fish On!

50% is a stretch. Of course glenwood side looks open, wind was from the east today.

Waska:

You might have to sit it out in the reloading room.

WG

Heading to the range in a couple hours WG. Pierre SD next Thursday.

I said the Glenwood end looks about 50% open. I didn't do a dot count from an aerial photo to get the exact acre determination. I didn't mean the whole lake and I expressed that I did not go down to look at the Starbuck end. Why are some people such critics on this forum? Seriously.

Ice really pushed up with the winds yesterday. Ice can still be seen from the Glenwood end out farther but much of the Glenwood end is open. (is that politically correct enough for some of you?) LOL

If the wind comes out of the west, it will probably really pile into Glenwood. If you are out in a boat, just make sure you can get to a landing if you need to get out of the way.

Fish On!

Landrr,

You are right. There sure are a bunch of critical misfits on this board. Keep up the informative posts. Don't let some jerks stop the rest of us from being informed about Minnewaska.

That strong cold front came through about 9pm last night, and the 4 feet high waves took out any remaining ice. Minnewaska is fully open now.

So anyone try waska? I went to lac qui parle and battled the wind with only one bite.

Heard there were some boats out there with little success. Talked to one guy that said he got 2 . When I went by a few weeks ago there were a fair amout of floaters.

thought you might like this one - sometimes you got to break a little ice to catch your crappies - from last friday

full-45959-33154-may10.jpg

crappies were on a tear yesterday would of limited out but got rained on about hour after we got out there...

clayton. heading out to waska in the a.m fopr crappies, you gunna be there somewhere?

no had a wedding last night stay in 4-9 fow at least that worked best for me

I was shore fishing in a spot that isnt so popular with the locals, and limited out on crappies, all averaging 9-11, and a bonus sunnie so I'm happy smile Even got to try out my 10.00 rainsuit i got at a garage sale :)lol

Staying at Peters Resort this coming weekend, hoping the weather is decent. Never have fished Minnewaska before but it sounds like a variety of fish that can be caught if you can find them.

• The title was changed to Lake Minnewaska Fishing Reports - Ice Conditions