• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Minnewaska Fishing Reports - Ice Conditions

My father and I are planning on coming up Friday. Have there been quite a few people driving trucks on the ice?

not a fishing report, but I'm looking to early retire next fall. I was wondering if their are any part time jobs in your area. looking to get around 20 hours a week. I need to get out of my hometown. been here to long.

I dunno if this is fitting due to your advatar but the canadian pacific RR runs right through the area. That would be a place to look ?

Seems to be very good reports on Waska so far...good gill and crappie bit as well as a lot of walleyes. I drilled about 25 to 30 holes today just to look around and about all I seen were walleyes...one hole had three of them looking at my camera.

Looks to be around 13+ with some reports up to 16 inches. Ice is looking really good.

Fish On!

whats the traffic been like? anyone been venturing out with trucks??? maybe heading that way next weekend and was wonder if I need to bring my enclosed trailer and wheeler. would rather just drive my Dakota pickup. It will save me some traveling expenses if I can leave the trailer home.

thanks, boxcar

Boxcar, are you familiar with PTI incorporated?? They transport railroad crews with a shuttle, if you are interested they are always hiring

Great couple days on the ice. All of the rental houses are putting out limits of crappies and sunnies. Most of the sunnies are in the 8 inch average. Crappies are in the 10 to 12 inch range. Bite is pretty steady all day...maybe more active in the morning, but the fishing is steady all day. Mostly using red wigglers on a #14 or #12 jig but change up once in awhile to a jig and tail tipped with wiggler or minnow. A lot of pike and bass on the cameras as well. The kids that came with were having a blast.

Very good reports on walleyes as well but seems to be a lot of smaller ones in the bunch. Have heard of some really nice eyes being caught and released...biggest was 28.5".

Accesses are in good shape and travel on and off the lake is pretty good. Ice seems to be around 13-16+ with a lot of vehicle traffic. Only a couple of inches of snow on the ice.

Fish On!

Landdr I challenge you can't catch and prove there are 10" bluegills in Minnewaska. Picture of the live fish, ruler, and distinguishable Lake Minnewaska shoreline in the background. Just sayin.

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

I think his post reads 10-12 inch crappies and 8 inch average gills. might want to re read his post. As always landdr aprreciate your reports keep up the good work!

I also wondered about his reading comprehension skills. But then I thought he might be figuring that an 8" average must include some 10" gills and some 6" gills. smile

Making zero reference to Landdr's previous post.

Friendly challenge simply because I don't believe it.

Just remembering the tall tales of 10" gills from the previous years

And what exactly would be the antecedent of the referent "it" that you don't believe? Landdr has been providing reports off of the lake, sounds like the panfish are biting well. I hope to find out myself on Saturday! And if it is a simple friendly challenge, why did you post it on the fishing report thread for Minnewaska? I'm left a bit confused.

Obviously it is more than a friendly challenge and wetaline1 has a bad memory. If he remembers, and I am sure he doesn't want too, Landdr posted a pic of a ligit 10" on 4-4-2011. Last post on page 64 on this thread. Of course, now his next post will be that it can't be proven that it from Minnewaska. Some people just need something to complain about. Happy New Year. I will be bringing my house out tomorrow and will be in search of another 10"er!! And yes I will post for you wetaline!!

If he cant believe 10" sunnies, than i shouldn't mention 12" sunnies. There are big sunnies, but not a lot, and they aren't where the hot spots for sunnies are.

Hey guys...there are a couple of people on here that I am just not going to waste my time commenting to anymore and really don't care about their posts. As you know, when you get into conversations with them, it just spirals downwards.

To clarify, by "8 inch average" was in reference to what I kept in the bucket. Yes, there were a few smaller that went back into the lake...but I don't think I caught anything under 7 inches, or if I did, it was very few. I think there were a few up to 9 inches, but I didn't measure to be exact. I didn't catch any 10+ so far...but I have had others in the store comment on a few 10+ being caught. I would agree with Walleyestealer that the majority of the BIG sunnies are not were everyone is fishing...but there are some to be caught there. Thinking back on guys that I know that are "trophy" gill chasers...they don't go were others go when they go hunting the 12+ gills.

Really good reports over the weekend and week so far and should continue. A little bit of snow coming down today, tomorrow cold and then the rest of the week pretty and weekend with mild temps. Should be some good fishing.

Fish On!

Anyone know if Minnewaska Bait in Starbuck has wigglers, or will I have to make a trip to Vados on the way out? Hope Landrr's reports are more accurate than the reports I've got from the good "sticks" out there I know.

Goose...Fish On has red and white wigglers as well as the traditional waxies. I would highly recommend the "red" wigglers and just put two or three on the tip so they hang out like egg sacks. Then just do a "wobble" so the eggs sacks flutter...I have noticed thru the years that "jigging" often turns the big gills and crappies off. They also like a slow rise.

My reports are from my own fishing, from the rentals and from people coming in the store...mostly from my own fishing and rentals however. I can't say what the "good sticks" are doing. I drilled probably 30 to 50 holes in transects across weedlines before I found the fish. If I was fishing were I fished last year...I wouldn't be catching much. I always stress to people to do a little scouting first...otherwise you could spend a lot of time with the "good stick" in the water not catching anything.

Fish On!

What time does Fish On open? I'm coming up Saturday with my two girls, 9 & 7 y/o, to catch some gills and crappies and want to grab some bait from you. Have you got freshwater shrimp again this year?

Selmer...Friday thru Saturday we open at 7am.

We don't have shrimp in yet...but we are getting close. We have to wait until the shrimp come up under the bottom of the ice before we can harvest them in large enough amounts. I know...I am patiently waiting as well.

Fish On!

• The title was changed to Lake Minnewaska Fishing Reports - Ice Conditions