• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Minnewaska Fishing Reports - Ice Conditions

Two-day carp bounty offered

Attention carp hunters - here's a profitable opportunity - rather than a carp tournament, a carp bounty will be offered.

For two nights only: Friday, May 28 and Saturday, June 5, a carp bounty will be offered for each fish you haul in from Lake Minnewaska or Pelican Lake in Pope County.

What a diffent twist - hope this catches on in the rest of the state !!!!

dang i wish i would have heard about this earlier. might still have to try and make it up there.

Calendar wise, it's a bit early for the carp spawn, but with temps in the 80's and 90's, what are the thoughts on when the carp will be rolling around in the shorelines? Isn't it typically when the water nears 70 degrees? I think it will be an early season.

depends on the lake, but it seems everything is 1-2 weeks ahead of schedule. buffalo have been starting to spawn on one of the lakes we shoot.

Bring up my carp reels this weekend (t minus 3 hours), hope to see a few meeting the tip of an arrow.

Great morning with just a little breeze. Supposed to get up to 90F today with winds out of the south. DNR Landing or Glenwood Beach would both be good landings for this morning...but Glenwood Beach might be better later on in the day with more windy conditions out of the south.

Getting some really good reports on crappies in Torgy's Bay again. Sounds like they are catching them shallow off shore as well.

Still a lot of great reports on walleyes off school point...sounds like they are doing really well.

Pike and Bass everywhere...no problems catching fish on Waska! Should be a great weekend for everyone and no one should starve to death.

Many people going out after sunfish but I have not had anyone come back with reports as of yet. But Waska is full of great sunnies so I would assume they are doing well. Jig and panfish leach is always a great way to fish them since you can even pick up a walleye that way.

We have some extra trees from spring planting at the store as well if anyone wants to check those out...plum, chokecherry, lilac, dogwood, etc.

Have a great weekend!

Fish On!

Sounds like they had 32 teams register for the "carp festival" on Minnewaska last night. Should be interesting what comes in. Had one team stop by and they had 10. Nice!

Fish On!

Sounds like they had 32 teams register for the "carp festival" on Minnewaska last night. Should be interesting what comes in. Had one team stop by and they had 10. Nice!

Fish On!

any word on the fish totals for the carp bounty? we decided to shoot a different lake, as it was easier for those of us to meet up, but we still did well, 86 fish. could have used that bounty money though...there are parts of a mercury skeg and prop at the bottom of the lake we were shooting on.... eek

Carp were on the shorelines on the lake we shot on saturday then after sundays weather they moved back out. Shot 30-40, Hopefully they move back in for next weekend!

First trip to Minnewaska is next week (Weds-Fri). Grew up 1/2 hour away, and sadly never fished it. We are camping at Glacier and will be fishing out of the Starbuck end. I have no idea where to start on this lake, but feel better about fishing here than I did on my first trip ever to Mille Lacs last year. That felt like a needle in a haystack. At least I can see the other side of the lake on Minnewaska.

I've been following the other thread on fishing the lake, but I guess if anyone is willing to give me a starting point or advice, I'd sure appreciate it. Live bait or crank baits? Hoping to find a walleye or two. I'm bringing a friend with, so I need to at least look like I know what the hell I'm doing.

Launch in the Marina. At dusk exit the marina and take a left. Pull a SSR5 Shad Rap in 6-9 feet of water. Daytime head east to the first point on the north shore. That is Priest's Point. Jig or live bait rig. Shcool house bar is anothe mile or so east also good live bait spot. Directly acroos from the Marina is Kermy's Point. Also nice live bait area. Good luck and have fun.

Good options from Waskawood. I would throw in a Floating Rapala F11 Vampire between Peters Resort and Baycrest in 4 to 6 fow as another option...shinners are probably still around the milfoil and walleyes will not be far away. Also good pike and bass in that area.

You can pull Reef Runners (200 series)just about anywhere on the lake in 12 to 14 fow as well with good luck.

Yes...have fun!

Fish On!

Thanks for the advice waska!! From the sandbaggers down south!! Hope to get into a boat once or twice this summer. Try not to make all the Walleyes mouths sore so maybe they will bite by the time ice fishing rolls around.

Heya James. Don't worry about me. The boat still sits in the driveway!!! I only wish I farmed or sold real estate so I had the time and money to fish. laugh

Launch in the Marina. At dusk exit the marina and take a left. Pull a SSR5 Shad Rap in 6-9 feet of water. Daytime head east to the first point on the north shore. That is Priest's Point. Jig or live bait rig. Shcool house bar is anothe mile or so east also good live bait spot. Directly acroos from the Marina is Kermy's Point. Also nice live bait area. Good luck and have fun.

Wow, I didn't realize my schpellun was so bad!!!! And I was sober blush

Thanks Waska for the help. I also think that it might be worth my while to stop in the local bait shop in Glenwood on our way though.

What is the cost to dock at the marina for a couple days? Also, is stuff safe there (not rod/reels or tackle, but batteries and trolling motors).

My dad caught a small muskie on Sunday...very strange! The DNR stocked hybrids back in the 80's so I am not sure where they are coming from. This one didn't look like a hybrid to me. The hybrids are sterile from what I understand. I wish I had taken a picture of it! I think Landdr said he caught one a few weeks back as well. Has anyone else seen some?

My dad caught a small muskie on Sunday...very strange! The DNR stocked hybrids back in the 80's so I am not sure where they are coming from. This one didn't look like a hybrid to me. The hybrids are sterile from what I understand. I wish I had taken a picture of it! I think Landdr said he caught one a few weeks back as well. Has anyone else seen some?

saw a small one maybe 18" pulled in on a tip-up 2 winters ago, and also had a buddy catch one out of Emily that went a hair over 24" about 4 years ago. they are lurking.

Went out last night around 10pm and got into some walleyes on Waska. Ended up with 5 nice fish...biggest 17.5. Threw a couple smaller ones back and also missed over a dozen. Great night on the lake with a slight chop and a sprinkle now and then. Five feet of water with an F11 Vampire.

We had our annual BVBR (Bon Val Bass Ralley) on Waska Saturday...good fishing and a shore lunch at the beach park. Can't beat that! The group only picked up three walleyes but a lot of bass and pike. We had plenty to eat.

bvbr17.jpg

bvbr19.jpg

bvbr22.jpg

bvbr26.jpg

bvbr29.jpg

big%20fire7.jpg

Went out on Sunday just for a short while and picked up two 18" walleyes out from Torgy's using a 200 Reef Runner. Windy on the lake!

Found some nice sunnies along Crappie Town using panfish leaches.

TIGER MUSKY? Caught this on Saturday...what do you think? Defined strips and spots and slightly pointed tail?

bvbr2.jpg

bvbr3.jpg

Fish On!

LNDR, is that red thing in the back of your boat to keep your worms in?

It still holds true that fish always bite better when you are about to do something!

smile

Any thoughts from anyone on the "Tiger Musky"? What do you think...is it?

Fish On!

The one we caught a couple weeks prior, and did not take a photo of, had very defined "bars" and no spots. This one had pretty obvious bars and some spots.

I don't know...just asking what others think.

Fish On!

Landdr,

Looks like a small northern to me. Many of the juvenile northern have similar markings. I still would like to know how they got in there. The one I caught was a pure strain. I also wonder how many, if any, are still left.

MN

MnDreaMn

When are you guys going to be up in the area? Sorry i never got back to you when you emailed me. Somehow your email got deleted on my school email. Did you ever decide on somewhere to go up in Canada?

• The title was changed to Lake Minnewaska Fishing Reports - Ice Conditions