• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Clearwater Lake Fishing Reports

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hydro

• Rick G

• noodlerod

• bbrad24

Was out all day on the east end of bungalow island chasing gills. I got enough 7.5-8 inchers for a meal and lots of smaller ones. Got two huge crappies that were way to big to keep and three or four that were too small to keep. Whats going on over on the north west side of the lake? There were a heck of a lot of people in one small area.

Tryed a couple areas today and the gills were active in the morning then shut down around 11 and got good again about 4 until dark. If there were green weeds I found fish brown or grey weeds no fish or small perch. Didnt use any live bait just the gulp maggots.

noodlerod, what did you have to gain by telling everyone about that spot? I had a buddy that had been fishing that area and getting a few fish and then you go and tell all 40,000+ members and guests and know there isn't a fish left on that structure. Is Sylvia kicking out those GIANT crappies and you don't want anyone to hear about it?

confused last time I looked I never gave any grid cordinates , It's a big area along hwy 24 alot of spots and besides where I was talking about there hasnt been a house now for about a week . I believe I do know where yer talking about though and there isnt any more pressure there now than there was three weeks ago , Ive been watching . Youd best put the blame on the local coffee shops guys cuz thats where I first heard about it a while ago . heck even the thorne bros. boys were out there before I posted . As far as Sylvia ? sorry I couldnt tell ya . I could count the number of times ive been out there this year on both hands , Ive been fishing other local lakes this year along with running up to Minnewaska and Osakis area lakes ! in fact Im going to Osakis in the morning so I'd better get to bed 4:00am comes early . Sorry I couldnt help ya ! good luck fishing "NOODLEROD"

noodlerod, what did you have to gain by telling everyone about that spot? I had a buddy that had been fishing that area and getting a few fish and then you go and tell all 40,000+ members and guests and know there isn't a fish left on that structure. Is Sylvia kicking out those GIANT crappies and you don't want anyone to hear about it?

This is what Fishing Minnesota is all about. We are hear to share information with one another. There is no reason to give out spots, but to help anglers out to get a few fish, is what this is all about. Fm is here to Have More Fun!

I wasn't exactly "Having More Fun" when I went out to my spot that I've been enjoying relative peace on and getting a few fish to find it crowded with about two dozen people on a little area.

: I believe I do know where yer talking about though and there isnt any more pressure there now than there was three weeks ago , Ive been watching .

How would yer know where Ive ben fising? Yer don't even know me.

How would you know where I've been fishing? You don't even know me.

Then how could he have givin away "your" spot?? If he has no idea where you are fishing?? Didn't you just completely contradict yourself?? Lay off. Like the moderator said this site is for sharing information. And like you said noodle has no idea where you are fishing. Happy fishing to all....

I've been enjoying relative peace on

All you can do is enjoy it while you can.

just think of it like this, in about a month it will be nice and peacfull out there and the fishing should be even better than it is now. You gotta think the trunk slammers will be out there when there is two feet of ice. They wont be when we are walkin out.

I wasn't exactly "Having More Fun" when I went out to my spot that I've been enjoying relative peace on and getting a few fish to find it crowded with about two dozen people on a little area.

Originally Posted By: noodlerod
: I believe I do know where yer talking about though and there isnt any more pressure there now than there was three weeks ago , Ive been watching .

How would yer know where Ive ben fising? Yer don't even know me.

Your right IDK you and I dont know where you were fishing but if you read what I said , I said I believe I know where yer talking about cuz you first said yer buddie was fishing there no mention of you so which is it ???????? besides you should have seen the crowds I was fishing with today on Osakis or the other day on Minnewaska ,almost shoulder to shoulder and I still managed to come home with nice pails of fish . maybe you just need more practice ( just kidding ) relax . Ya know were not talking walleyes here were talking panfish two totaly differnt ways of fishing ...

Easy does it guys. Back on topic. Any one out fishin today? I was out getting my ice houses off the area lakes this morning-afternoon and there are quite a few people out on the ice today. Nice day out even if it is windy as heck.

laughcrazylaughcrazylaughcrazy WHEW !!!!! Alrighty then !!! had to work didnt make it out today ( the fish population was safe today , Hee!Hee! )

Hey riverfishingmiss , did ya have spear houses out or just angling ? If spearing how big of a spread do ya run ? Noodlerod

Noodle- Just angling houses I had a few spread amongst the lakes in the st cloud area and just happened to have 1 on clearwater... I was out there today and man it was brutal. Wind and snow and more wind. I dont know what I was thinking. The gills bit good in the morning until around noon then got real slow. About 1pm the wind picked up big time had a hard time seeing 50ft in front of me. I stuck it out till dark in hopes the bite would turn on again at prime time but it never did.

laugh I'll bet it was fun getting off the lake or I guess it had calmed down a little by then , I had to work again ! 2nd day at work since turkey day would have much rather been fishing , LOL !!!!! GOOD FISHING P.S. just a shout out to DF hows fish'n laughlaughlaughlaughcrycry

The midday bite has been slow for me the last few days. I have had my best action for a mix of decent size gills and a few big crappies from 4:30 till around 6 then things quiet down. Best depth for me has been 8-14ft with live green weeds close.

any idea how my accord is going to handle out there on Thursday? Ive been doing alright on the St Croix the past few days. Should i have any problems?

Your best bet getting on is at the bj's access with a small car they do have some roads plowed around the west basin. They have been getting gills and a few crappies right out in front of the bait shop in 10-12ft.

are there roads plowed around the east basin by chance? I dont mind walking a bit to get to the spot

No oficial road plowed to east basin. There is a snowmobile trail that is pretty packed down. It goes over the point and not thru the narrows. You will need a truck to make this journey.

thanks for the haeds up riverfishingmiss. Anyone know the reason why the narrows arent as safe as the rest of the ice? I would have thought shallower would be thicker ice...??? any ideas?