• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm Also looking at going out this coming weekend. I heard someone was out a week ago, but not too far...i'm guessing the ice has to be getting pretty good with this last cold snap, and little snow cover.

Any report would be appreciated.

There were reports of several shacks out there this past weekend. I heard 2-4" with a few soft spots (likely near the springs)

Fished Foster on Saturday,the ice had spots of slush on top (got worse as the day went on)Good 4to5inches everywhere we drilled.The sunfish were very active at all depths.We started in 10 fow and moved a couple of times ending up in20 fow till sunset.We (3 of us)caught 2 bass,25-30 sunnies and 8 rainbows.We kept 4 rainbows 12,13 and two14 inchers.They all were caught 4to5 feet suspended in 20fow.From 3pm to sunset was by far the best times for the rainbows.All in all an excellent day on the water.I will add pictures later tonight.c63

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/briar59/100_0897.jpg

The trout out there will take just about anything you can throw at them...use fatheads, waxies, plastics, powerbait, marshmellows...they will hit it all

I caught all the trout on a small tear drop jig (1/2 pink 1/2 black)and a medium fat head.I was catching sunnies on eurolarve,but the trout wouldn't touch em.I did see an old-timer catching trout on a 1/16 ounce plain northland jig(lime green)and wax worms.Maybe he just had the "touch"some got it and some don't.Hope this helps.............good luck out there.c63

Thank you cris63, I might go this week. How is the ice ??? I heard it was ok by the shore but not to safe 20 feet or more from the shore line ??

Hey cris63 , been to siler creek yet? went yesterday, boy it was COLD, only had a couple of hits . didn't have shelter so I didn't stay long.

From what my freinds are sayin is k-7 and Silver Creek should be called the dead seas. Thats sad but these little bodies of water can't take that kind of fishing pressure. They need to put special regulations on the local little lakes. I saw a guy come of willow with a limit of 6 to 7 inch sunnies. It's his right, but come on theres nothing on them to clean. Even the private lake at salem estates has special regulations. Like guests can keep 10 crapies and sunnies combined and no walleyes. Residents could keep like 10 sunnies 10 crappies and three walleye. And I think that counted as your limit with fish in the freezer. But its been like 6 years scince the guy I knew lived there. But let me tell you best fishing I ever had it was a blast.

has any one been out to faster arends i was thinking of heading out there this weeekend for my very first time trout fishing .... any one know how much ice is out there and if any thing is going on

Went to Foster Arends this afternoon and had at least 6 to 8 inches of solid ice.

Small panfish jigs tipped with a waxworm worked the best. Caught and released a bunch of panfish (mostly small) and a 12 inch rainbow trout.

Good luck!

went out to foster arends on Friday and got 2 rainbow trout and about 30 small sunfish ...is there any big sunfish or crippes in there j/w ?

Trouthunter well went there yesterday caught 4 trout , ice was 8-9" with 2" of slush. we left at 12:00pm., it was getting hard again, but REALLY SLICK walking out .

Was out at Fosters Friday and Saturday morning. Ice was slick and made for interesting hole drilling without cleats. Friday caught 3 trout 13-15", between 2 guys, all on fatheads. Saturday 2 trout both 9" between 5 guys. Not a good day. One trout caught on a shrimpo one on a fathead. They were cruisin around just wouldnt take anything we put down. Could have been the fact that it was jam packed out there.

went out to foster a couple days ago and did very well, 5 fish at between 13-16" and saw lots more cruising below the ice. Most of the fish were caught on fatheads one on a wax. I was only there for a couple hours at mid day. There werent alot of people there so im guessing that helped out...

do the trout bit at night very good ? i was thinking about going out latter in the day like 5 -10 pm thinking maby they would bit better becouse of less people out there

it seems the best time is an hour befor and after sunset... like most fish ha ha... i went out yesterday after work and only caught one at about 14 inches but i hade a monster break the line.

last time i was out there i had one hit both of are dead sticks and brok one line and got him in on the other one lol

You can fish trout all year long but be mindful of the special regulations the DNR has put on Foster Arend Lake...

-------------------

From the 2008 Fishing Regulation Handbook

Special Regulations - Individual Waters

FoSTER AREND LAkE (Olmsted County) trout: Continuous season.

Possession limit three with One over 16".

-------------------

Hope that helps you out...

Redbeard

Havent been there is quite a while either but theres always trout to be caught. Just a matter of can you find them and get them to bite.

I was out on Tuesday (13 Jan) and it was very slow. I went out on the north end and set up in about 15 ft of water. I saw 6-8 trout on the camera and had a couple come by and sniff the bait but no takers. I moved out to 25 ft of water and saw nothing but puny sunfish. Could be the cold weather shut them down but you usually see them cruising around in any case. Might be slow until the next stocking comes around.

They stock whenever they feel like it. The only 'rule' is that they normally stock the pond around a school holiday as the pond is designed to be a put and take resource to help get kids interested in fishing. The next likely time it will be stocked is before the Lion's Kids fishing contest on 14 Feb.