• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Odowd

IT's not the worst lake to hike around if the condition area good. It's better then hike out a mile or two out on Millacs. Still sucks they had to put up that stupid gate. Makes for a long walk back from the pier.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kodiak

• AceintheHole

• shakojdub1425

• Twins 57 Fan

I may be able to join you guys. I have a wedding to go to that day, but I may be able to sneak out early.

I meant sneak out and go fishing before the wedding. My bad.

Gotta be in St michael by 12

So ace you havent hit anything out there yet this year? Were do you think the wallys and pikes are right now? In the 8-15 ft range or out in front of the one peir were its about 22 ft? Trying to get out there this weekend, I live in shakopee and have seen you out there iam pretty sure.

I will be out there friday night and maybe sunday... I am new to ice fishing and only have 2 rods and a auger so if you see me stop by and give me a few pointers. Is this a night bit lake or better in the morning?

Thanks and if anyone has a open seat in there house that would be great

Right now I would be looking shallow 5-10' during sunrise and sunset is when I have had my best luck. Weedlines are good if you can find the right one. If you can find a nice weedline will some sand or grave at the break of the weeds your in a good spot. In this case an underwater camera works great. One of my early ice spots is to the left of the access were the bay meets the main basin in about 10-13'. Red glow is one of the better colors with fatheads. I will have an open seat most of the winter when I get my house out. I have only been out 1 time so far with limited success. Should be a good weekend to hit the lake.

Brian, does Mel know about this? What is it worth to ya??????

She would be spitting tacks all day tomorrow if she knew about your plans to go fishing and I am the kind of guy to add fuel to that fire

she told me I can go to the fishing show, so i figured the morning was safe. Dont throw me under the bus pal.

always listen to what ACE says he fishes odowd all the time. But i will be out there sunday morning. RIght were ace said right off from the dock to the left were its between 6 to 12 fow.

Just cause I have fished that lake since I was 5year old does not make me a pro. Like any body of water you fish it enought you'll start to figure it out. Time on the water= More fish.

Way to put the pressure on me, now every time I take someone out they are going to expect me to put them on fish. smirk

lol sorry ace, but you are always on that lake. But very true you fish a lake a lot you will learn there patterns and were they like to go. Thats why i love fishing Black lake on tonka because i know were they are almost everytime.

Kodiak you going to be on odowd this weekend with ace? If so i will come talk to you guys.

that is the plan tommorrow morning.

6:15am is gonna be early! i have always been a night ice fisherman this will be my first early morning trip!

usually the only time i get to the landing at 6am is to go duck hunting but if that is when they are biting well then that is the time you go.

Yea i hear ya i am more of a night fisherman myself but if i go in the morning i get out and set up before the sun comes up. I might see you guys out there if i can get my stuff all together. Are you guys riding some buckets or port.?

kodiak/Ace - post how much ice is up there when you go. I want to get the new porty a try but I didn't want to put all that weight on only 4" of ice.

Thanks!

Theres at least 5-6" out their but the snow did not the cause either. Should be a good morning to hit the lake and chase some eyes around for a few hours.

Sounds good Franchise! Call me sat just to let me know for sure that you wanna go. If you have to be back by 10 am we can just go to waconia or somthing. Call me we will figure it out.

kodiak/Ace - post how much ice is up there when you go. I want to get the new porty a try but I didn't want to put all that weight on only 4" of ice.

Thanks!

well i am bringing my x2, and she is a beast!

Ace, what general area where you that you found 6" of Ice. If I can get out this evening, I would head there, but need to know what general area you were in.........

ace crappys or walleys? You went out to that spot we were talking about earlyer yesterday right? off to the left of the boat entrance were its starts opening up. Sorry i dident make it out i am sure i will meet you guys out there somtime this year. I will be going there tommorow morning depending on were franchise want to go.