• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Odowd

this lake is wierd i think you have to be a local to catch fish on it, it seems everyone i talk to coming off or on is have zero luck??

As for be local don't tell the fish I am from Iowa then. LOL

I was with Kodiak last weekend and we were slow in the AM cought a couple but great late afternoon on Saturday. He put me on the fish and I had my limit in an hour. I will be back that is for sure.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kodiak

• AceintheHole

• shakojdub1425

• Twins 57 Fan

Hey Kodiak, nice seeing you out there last night. Thanks for the lift! I really do appreciate it. I owe you and your buddy one.

I spent all morning getting fuel to move in my line. It took a whole can of ether and a bottle of heat but it's now safely in my garage.

Thanks again.

how is this lake? ive never been here before but heard alot about it....is it a good lake to walk out on or do u need a atv

You can walk out there and get into fish. As with any lake though, having a wheeler or sled makes it easier for ya.

how is this lake? ive never been here before but heard alot about it....is it a good lake to walk out on or do u need a atv

you dont want to go there it sucks lol

DTRO- good to hear you got it running!

I am going to be out there tonight if anyone wants to fish in my permanent come on over. I am sitting in the shallows and am going to target the ever elusive walleye!

will be getting there at about 4:15pm or so.

Kodiak u got ur perm out there but the lake sucks? hmm got a feeling u just want people off ur lake haha

Kodiak u got ur perm out there but the lake sucks? hmm got a feeling u just want people off ur lake haha

did you not see the LOL at the end of my post?

do you know what LOL means?

Kodiak post a pic of your house... i may stop by if i see ya there

you know i have been meaning to do that! i had my camera with me last night and i didnt ake a pic.

The report from last night was.....drum roll....... BULLHEAD!!

i think i was a little too shallow. I have been trying to go shallow and secluded for eyes but see what i end up with?!

Hey it was a big bullhead though.

I should of told you to take pictures when I had to on the cell last night.

Atleast you caught something though. I bet your right on being to shallow.

If I was up there I would push it out with you in the 15' to 20' range. Find a place where the ice is pushing 6"+ and leave it there. Remeber your brother found that one spot that was 6 1/2".

the ice is doing real good now, that slushy spot we where by next to the island that was like not even 4 is up to 6.5 right now that is where i am near. There must be a spring or something there. The ice condition on the lake is real good right now but not as good as waconia or some other lakes around. I bet average is 9" on the lake now

Hey it was a big bullhead though.

I should of told you to take pictures when I had to on the cell last night.

Atleast you caught something though. I bet your right on being to shallow.

If I was up there I would push it out with you in the 15' to 20' range. Find a place where the ice is pushing 6"+ and leave it there. Remeber your brother found that one spot that was 6 1/2".

i would like to get out too about 12' and fish where we where on saturday morning, i think i am about 15yds too close. Drive up here and help me move it! We drug it out at night and the snow was on the ice where we where i think i am close. I will go out tonight and try to find out where we where. I wish i had my lowrance on i would know exactly where we where.

Kodiak post a pic of your house... i may stop by if i see ya there

TINK- my house is square, flat roof, still has the runners on it and is wood colored. It has two plexiglas windows and a plexiglass window in the door.

Also i left in there a strikemaster strike lite, a 50"plasma w/surround sound, 3 marcum lx5's, a box full of thorne bros rods and 2 mr heaters and my gps with new lakemaster chip.

Also i left in there a strikemaster strike lite, a 50"plasma w/surround sound, 3 marcum lx5's, a box full of thorne bros rods and 2 mr heaters and my gps with new lakemaster chip.

sweet, yeah sometimes I just feel like walking and leave my snowmobile out there too.

Thinking about heading out this weekend....but not sure if I want to try Odowd again for those potato chips, might try Waconia...anyone else going out?

I was out at O'dowd last night..Lot's of small ones (various types) Can't catch a decent fish in the lake. I tried jigging spoons with full minows and was still catching small ones. It seems like all I catch are recently stocked fish. People are keeping them before they get big enough to reporduce. I may try Prior in the morning..

shakojdub1425 and myself are going to hit Black Lake early tomorrow. I'm done with Odowd till I hear someone hitting some nice fish.

So far I've hit alot of little fish out there.

Don't listen to these guys!!!! There are limits of 20" bluegills coming out of this lake...It's a free for all....you can't not catch them!!!! I dropped an old Lazy Ike down the hole...I caught so many fish, that the ice dropped an inch.I caught one so big I thought it was a one eyed fish....then I walked around to the other side!!!

Lol.

Last weekend, between Rooster8fish, shakojdub1425, myself, and a buddy we caught about 60 fish.

We kept zero.

On a nice day I'd take my kid out there, because there are a ton of fish, but I have yet to see any of real size besides the pics on this post.

Then again, I've only fished it twice this year so far.

I was out at O'dowd last night..Lot's of small ones (various types) Can't catch a decent fish in the lake. I tried jigging spoons with full minows and was still catching small ones. It seems like all I catch are recently stocked fish. People are keeping them before they get big enough to reporduce.

There is fish in O'dowd but you have to find them, they sure the heck won't find you.

Kodiak and I have proved it. All I know last sunday evening the fish tasted great in my frying pan.

I even heard dtro catch some fish the other day that were keepers?

Here is Kodiak on O'dowd few weeks back

n1469493876_118812_9364.jpg

yeah, we found some more "keepers" last night out there. Let the majority of them go though.

The average size was actually a little bigger than the other night too.

If anyone goes out tomorrow and sees my 1990 Indy Trail Snowmobile stranded in the middle of the bay between the fishing pier and the rope swing.......I plan on getting it tomorrow. We sat out there tonight for a couple hours and only caught little baby sunnies. Turned off the heater and folded down the shack at about 6:15 or so and at about 6:30 after about 100 pulls on the starter cord the sled just wouldn't fire.... It was so cold that we had to decide whether to start walking or set the house back up and get the heat going again. We walked back and left the snowmobile out there. Managed to get some help by someone with a four wheeler to go get the portable.