• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Odowd

Hey kodiak you have any luck on black on friday? I did, You can look at my post on the black lake forum i started. I will be on odowd in the morn bright and early.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kodiak

• AceintheHole

• shakojdub1425

• Twins 57 Fan

well went to black lake on friday. We set up on a weedline by the channel, caught a couple nice keeper perch along with a lot of small ones, along with the limitless sunnies.

I wouldnt mind going out to goose island sometime soon and trying that out.

We did odowd in the morning on saturday, ran into an old fellow fishing by himself that stated that there was no bite and it was real slow and he moved a couple times that morning already. Well let me tell you, that wasnt the report your going to get from me. Within 30 seconds we had fish on the ice after we had our lines in the water. It was a good morning for us, and the lake got packed by noon so we left and came back at 3pm. We had real good luck and had to leave by 630 with smiles on our faces.

this lake is wierd i think you have to be a local to catch fish on it, it seems everyone i talk to coming off or on is have zero luck??

We were out yesterday from about 4-7 pm. All we managed was one 4" perch and a 7" bullhead. I really had to work to get the bullhead to bite too. crazy

Did you get some quality fish or was the action just fast and furious with smaller ones?

Was your shack the one right by shore?

Was thinking about going out tonight to Odowd, not expecting too much action though with this cold front knocking on our door step.

How was the ice?

We went out this morning caught about 60 sunnies but nothing of size. The rain sucked but we had a good time. Just wish we could catch somthing of size on odowd.

I noticed the same thing yesterday. Non stop action of sunnies but all were small. Also hooked into a couple of eyes and crappies those were also to small to keep. Every time I went out there last year I would see people with piles of crappies laying on ice, all about 6-7 inches.. Doesn't take long to realize why there are no big fish in the lake.

We went out this morning caught about 60 sunnies but nothing of size. The rain sucked but we had a good time. Just wish we could catch somthing of size on odowd.

Dont forget the 2 monster perch I caught too. The chub minnows were almost bigger.

Fished the lake this afternoon closeer to the landing. Nothing but those tiny sunnies. Saw a few bass swim by the camera but no luck triggering a bite. They were really biting light today.

Hey all. first post. love the site. where is this odowd? im going to bring the little guy out this weekend. limitless small sunnies is exactly what i want. as long as hes catchin fish were both happy. thank you

no problem buddy. Glad to see you pulling the house instead of the mrs. Hope I see you on the water again.

I'm sure we'll run into each other on one of the local lakes. I was thinkin in the house today that I might put my screen name on the house so it's easier for everyone to recognize each other and compare notes. Hope to start hitting up spring soon but I still haven't tried to start the snowmobiles.

Hey all. first post. love the site. where is this odowd? im going to bring the little guy out this weekend. limitless small sunnies is exactly what i want. as long as hes catchin fish were both happy. thank you

They are very very small sunnys we call the patato chips... But yea they are there. Odowds is in shakopee,mn but stone brook golf club.

Has anyone had success finding the crappies this year? Last year we could get into a decent evening with 9 out of 10 fish being crappies but this year it seems like those little sunnies have taken over.

I had luck fishing off the island on upper last year but never made it to the other side of the lake. Do you usually fish upper or lower?

How's the ice looking over at Odowds?

Sled OK over to the main basin? Thinking about possibly hitting it (or Prior) tomorrow evening.

Did pretty well in that same spot you went to. Only over deep water chasing suspended crappies around. Can't deal with the crowds at sand point so I steer clear of that.

Darren,

I saw a few sleds on O'dowd in the last couple days and also saw them ripping across the middle of Prior. O'dowd gets thicker faster but that area out in the bay is a bit slower. No problem with the snowmobile.....just don't stop.

I haven't been out on the ice yet though.....so hopefully someone else can give a better opinion.

DTRO - I measured the main basin ice on O'dowd at 8" on Monday. It's been a week since I was over by the rope swing but that measured 5 - 6 inches with some slush on top. I would think that everything has firmed up there with the cold weather we've had lately.

TwinsFan - Most of my fish we suspended fish in deeper water last year too. I looked at the DNR website and it appears that if I want to catch some eyes I'll have to move to the other side. I tried this summer a few times but didn't have much luck.