• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Odowd

lol it gives me a poor word usage all i said that was the guys name from burnsville. lol funny stuff

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kodiak

• AceintheHole

• shakojdub1425

• Twins 57 Fan

[[PoorWordUsage] you could use your 4 wheeler. Someone already pulled a couple smaller perms out. But i am sure they did not track all around the lake. Kodiak do you go to black lake a lot? I go there all the time i am sure i have seen you out there.

Yeah I did kodiak. I'm still pretty new to ice fishing (my second real season) so being some more experienced anglers would be a huge help. I have all the gear anyone could want, but when it comes to scouting out breaks/points/etc I'm fairly dumb.

Takes time tinker. I dont have it all down yet either =). But being with kodiak and ace would only benefit you.

We will be heading out on Wed. for sundown bite. I have always wanted to try the lake out. If anyone is going to be out there and could point me in the right direction it would much appreciated. My wife is 7 months pregnant so the less we will have to move the better. We will be driving a brown gmc and in a 5600. Thanks in advance.

I'm planning on being out there Wed night too. We fished near the pier this weekend in the AM and did alright. The walk isn't too bad and I'd be happy to help you back up the hill when you leave. I'll be in a guide.

Thank you very much we should be out there about 3 or so. Any suggestions on bait I have quite a few crappie minnows left over from sunday.

We were using crappie minnows under a bobber and jigging with waxies in the other hole. We had similar luck with both. I think I'm going to pick up some euro larva and try that as well. I probably won't be out there 'till 7 but if I see you there we can share info. I'm taking a first timer with me so it'd be nice to get back into some fish for her.

I'm planning on being out there Wed night too. We fished near the pier this weekend in the AM and did alright. The walk isn't too bad and I'd be happy to help you back up the hill when you leave. I'll be in a guide.

did you have the 3wheeler?

how is the ice out there in front of the peir? did you go all the way across the basin?

Hey Kodiak, you gonna post some pics of that house you're making?

soon, i want to get it done first. it will be on the lake friday i promise you that!

60 sunnies huh thats pretty dang good. i cought a little bass today but nothing other than that. Tons on the marcum but i tried a little of everything (besides waxys because i forgot them) and they would come up to and and nibble not take it. we were in 13 fow though. Were you guys more towards the island on the right or in the middle were its all open off to the left of the landing? That was a nice lil bass you got there ace!

here is the jig you need

gillpill_03.jpg

Thanks kodiak. I actually have some like that but have only used them a couple times. I will try that next time out with some red wigglers

any idea why I can't see pictures of the jig? actually, I can't see any pictures....

i was hoping to get out to odowd this weekend, maybe sunday.

I didn't have the 3-wheeler, we were pulling our house. The ice was 4 inches by the pier and 5 over by the rope swing. We didn't come over the main basin, we came down the hill from the other parking lot. I'm just about to head back out so I will give a report when I get back if I'm not too tired. I will be the goofball with the house sticking out of the trunk of my buick since I no longer have my truck.

Going out early tomorrow morning for the first time this year. Any real concern for thin ice? Any info. would greatly be appreciated.

Should be good slip bobbin. I dont think they have the aerator going this year. Just in front of the main dock i would imagine it is not as thick, just because that is the deepest part of the lake.

The area in front of the pier was a little slushy tonight. We still had 5 inches of ice but we moved away from the from where we fished last time because of the water on top of the ice. I didn't move around at all tonight because my fishing partner was more interested in staying warm and comfortable. We set up in deeper water and caught some little sunnies on waxies and 1 tiny walleye on a buckshot with a minnow head. Talked to a few other guys fishing shallow and it didn't sound like they did as well.

Last night was tough. I did not bring any waxies and only had small crappie minnows. I swear there was a couple of fish out there just to mess with me. I would get them to come over to and sniff around but just couldn't get them to bite. I threw my whole [PoorWordUsage] tackle box at them. Just think it was a tough bite last night no way I'm going to give up on it.

Wasnt any better this morning to about 1pm. Caught a bunch of sunnies but all were on the real small size. All lived to be caught another day.

The fishing shut off for us at about 10pm the other night. Do you guys think the fish move shallower or deeper as the night moves on?

Plenty of action but light bites. I did my best downsizing lures and using a spring bobber. I did pull out a buckshot when the fish would disappear to call them back in and was surprised when I caught a tiny walleye on it. Can't ever seem to get a decent sized one though.

Hoping to get out to Odowd once this weekend...will be going out from the landing I am guessing (walking). Not sure where we'll set-up on the lake though - without giving specific spots, anyone willing to give up the depth they are having their most luck at with pannies and eyes?