• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sarah Saturday. A FM/HSO ice fishing get together!!!

Its pretty pathetic that i live 5 miles away from Sarah & will not be able to make this one AGAIN! I'm stuck down in Houston TX helping my sis out fixing up some damage from the hurricane. Although 60's & 70's feel great....I sure do miss the "hard water" back in good ol MN! Good luck!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eric Wettschreck

• riverrat56

• muc33

• Team Otter

Bummer Trick. We'll miss ya.........and post a lot of pictures for you to drool over.

Even if it's a bad one, it's always good to have a plan. So, here's my plan. Tomorrow (Thursday) I'll be putting my perm house out by the landing and scoping the lake for ice thickness and fish. I'm guessing the middle areas that were 10 inches or so a week ago are a good foot now, but I want to check to make sure. While I'm checking ice, I should probably drop down a line, you know, just to see.

Friday I'll be fishing the lake to try and get some sort of feel of what's working and where. Also, if I can find a decent bite I'll know where to keep riverrat away from. He can ruin a bite and make it rain like no one I've ever seen.

Friday night, depending on if I have company and the mood of mrs boilerguy, I may be spending in the fish house and maybe not. Either way, I'll be there bright and early on Saturday to start welcoming the FM'ers and get the smak talk rolling.

Weather dude says mid 20's and maybe some snow. Sounds good to me.

See yous guys and gals on the ice!!!!

as of right now i have no plans on coming down to sarah! otter bailed out so i gotta too ha! lol jk. all the people i would of gone with can't make it or they have other plans.

Eric, No night before headaches from me! RR and I will catcha early sat morning, little change of plans due to a good bite and won't be having to search many spots due to the weather change. Will be there early sat. morning (Get the coffee ready!!)Any plans for sunday? I'll be staying in the area and looking for a place to go, if Sarah doesn't work out.

Lonnie

Too bad Jesse. We'll post pictures of all the fish you could have caught. grin

That's cool Lonnie. If you have a hot bite going on you have to go after it. Besides, I need proof that RR can actually catch a fish. grin I'll have the thermos full and the pot perkin. I have no clue what Sunday brings me. If we're on fish, well, then I guess I'll have to be fishing.

Figured I'd toss a little teaser out to yous guys. I was just digging around in the fridge for some fish house munchies and noticed Mrs Boilerguy has 6 pounds of veni burger thawing out in there, and a shopping list on the counter for her world famous venison chili. Heck, her chili alone is worth showing up for. If her chili doesn't put hair on your chest, nothing will.

Kennedy, I feel very sorry for you. Make sure you roll down the window on the way home. grin

Maybe Kennedy can hook a ride home with another so it won't be so cold in the truck with her dad.

Good luck kennedy.

Jeff, its to bad you cannot make this one. We will meet up one day.

I will be back on my "home turf" on Friday, on a lake I have spent the better part of my college years fishing(all 1 1/2 of them....) very succesfully I might add... If I don't catch any fish there I may just hang it up for good and let Lonnie and Jeremy head down to Sarah....

In favor to everyone who wants to catch fish on Saturday, I may just stand around and [PoorWordUsage] the whole time, it may still rain but maybe then the fish will bite...

boilerguy can you email me when you have a chance i have a couple questions for ya about the G2G! Thanks

ya thankz boilerguy i told dad no chili for him but he said no way i get to eat some chili lol hehhehe

Well, i'm in. I am also about to head out to try a little pre fishing today. I only have one problem, i sold my truck this spring and i can't fit my otter in my car. I can and will sit outside all day, i have no problem with that, but my fiance said she would come if i can get my house up there. It is an otter cabin. So if anybody is coming from or through worthington and has room for an otter cabin, the help would be greatly appreciated. email me at If not, i will be there by myself. I will be on sara all day today, so i will not be able to reply to email till later tonight. I will be the guy wandering around pulling two big orange sleds, if you are out there today, feel free to drop by.

***UPDATE***** My buddy Bob and I put the perm house on Sarah in preperation for the event yesterday. It's sitting on a solid 18 inches of ice. The county park landing is in real good shape for driving, the NW landing is passable, but more difficult. I'll drive over it a couple of times today to make it more usable. The majority of the snow on the lake melted last week during our warm spell. The lake has spots of snow and bare ice. The water is crystal clear. I had the camera down and saw a LOT of perch and I had what looked like about a 25 inch walleye checking out my jig, but couldn't get him to do anything. There are only a couple houses out there so we'll have the lake to ourselves. The airators have not been turned on, but the thin ice signs are out for them so they will be turned on anyday now.

I stopped at Petes Corner yesterday and bought a couple scoops of fatheads and a couple scoops of crappie minnows. I also just received 1000 Silver Wigglers from Vados. So, if you are coming, want some bait, and a bait shop isn't on your way I'll have a bunch to share.

UMD, I'll be out there today also. Look for the perm blue and white house with the maroon chev pickup parked next to it. Swing on in and say howdy.

Also, tell your bride to be there will be a few spare portables to use at the event. So, if you can't swing getting your otter to the gtg, don't sweat it. I'll have a Voyager and an Otter Cabin there. Also, my Mrs will be hanging out in the perm house and your future Mrs is more than welcome to join in with her. Somehow/someway, we'll keep her warm and toasty.

What is the best way for me to get there, take 169 to Mankato, then HWY 14 to 59? Approx how long does it take to get there?

:)It's finally here, can't wait for tomorrow Spud aand myself will be there, we might not be there right at 7:00. Fished there last Friday it was pretty slow but we didn't get there in time to really move around. Hope the weather holds for us all' we don't need any ice on the roads. See everyone on the hardwater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm go to Sarah to fish with abunch of seem to be good people or go to Iowa and fish. I just dont know yet.

Been crabbing around the house for a month that I can't make it again this year, so somebody please post a picture of my fish if you catch it.

Have fun boys and girls and stay above the ice!!!

DD

Scott, take 14 to 59. Once on 59 go south through Garvin, then another couple of miles. The lake will be on your right. Go right on CTY 16 a couple miles until you hit a "T". Turn right at the "T". Go about a mile, turn right to the county park. Drive onto the lake and go straight until you run into my perm house. It's a blue and white one.

We'll go from there. I sent you a post in another forum, hit me on my cell if you need to.

Double D, do you want to see a pic of the 24 inch walleye or the 14 inch perch???? grin I can toss in a crappie or 2 if that's what you want.

UMD sportsman, mrs boilerguy, and Harvey Lee (for a little bit) and I fished today. We really didn't move around that much and stayed in the perm house. Saw a lot of perch on the camera and had a cool couple minutes watching a lot of crappies come through. We also saw a lot of trucks driving all over the lake, and across the lake. The ice is good, chili is made, and we're set to fish.

See ya there tomorrow!!!!

What is the best way for me to get there, take 169 to Mankato, then HWY 14 to 59? Approx how long does it take to get there?

The easiest way from Henderson would be to take Hwy. 19 to Marshall, and then when you hit the stoplight at Marshall, turn left on the 23 bypass to the next stoplight, turn left and you are on 59. From Marshall it's about 22 miles to the cty. rd. by Sarah. Total road time will be about 2 1/4 hours, depending on the snow and wind of course. wink

Taking 14 from Mankato, would add another 10 miles and 15 minutes to the trip.

As I most likely won't be able to make it on Saturday I decided to go give Sarah a try today. According to my depth finder nearly every fish in the lake swam under my house. grin The perch were a little fussy, finally got them to bite on a small swedish with a minnow head. Had a couple of very nice crappies visit after dark, but the walleyes left me alone. cry Boilerguy, UMDsportsman, Mrs. boilerguy it was nice meeting all of you. Good luck tomorrow everyone!

Good Luck and have a great day Tomorrow, would like to be there but like last year I'm on call for work mad Maybe next year you can plan it around my work grin Guess I'll have to wait for the pictures.

Can't complain too much, leaving for LOW on sunday, hopefully the roads aren't too bad!!

For anybody checking this at the last minute, you are going to want to bring ice cleats if you have them. the lake is mostly glare ice with some small drifts.

UMD is right. It's pretty slippery out there and with the wind blowin like it is it could be interesting out there today.

Winds a howlin today. I'm on my way to the lake, see ya out there.

Any reports/pictures I wanted to go to this but just could not swing it with the freezing rain that was expected and is coming down now.... make me jealous with a couple pics on here!!

i have a pic that was sent to me but i gotta finish up some things around the house before i can have enought time to post it. it is a very nice perch!