• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sarah Saturday. A FM/HSO ice fishing get together!!!

Mark your calendars, folks, because here we go again! The first ever Sarah Saturday was such a success we’re going to do it again. Bring on the cold, bring on the ice, and bring on the second annual Sarah Saturday, an FM get together, January 3, 2009.

Bundle up the kids, the wife, the girlfriend, Uncle Wally, and grandpa Bob and come join the fun on one of Minnesota’s best producing perch and walleye lakes. Lake Sarah is the gem of southwest Minnesota, and we’re going to attack it, FM get together style. Entry fee? We don’t need no stinkin’ entry fee! This isn’t a tournament, although a side bet or two may come into play. Sarah Saturday, like the other FM get togethers, is open to the public - everyone is invited to join in on the fun.

If you don’t know about Lake Sarah, this is the best way to find out about the treasures she can give up. The DNR is still trying to figure why a prairie pothole has such a healthy population of perch, crappie, and walleye, all with natural reproduction. This healthy population of fish means bobbers down and flags up for us!!!

We’ll follow the great Minnesota tradition of pot luck, so bring a dish to share. We’ll have grills and campstoves on the ice if you want to slap some meat on the grill. Along with family, food, fun, and fishing we’ll have Hot Spot Outdoors/ Fishing Minnesota Pro-Staff present to help make sure everyone has a good time, offer tips and tricks, show off some of the years new ice products, and drop in a line.

We’ll meet at the Northwest landing at 7 a.m., meet and greet, and hit the lake. Or, you can trickle onto the lake anytime you like. You can get to the landing from HWY 59 by taking cty 16 west approx 4 miles, north on 201st street about 1 mile, then east on 216th for about a half mile.

Don’t forget your camera! See you there!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eric Wettschreck

• riverrat56

• muc33

• Team Otter

Put me on the maybe list as of now I really hope to make it! Should I tell riverrat56 or would we be better off trying to keep it a secret? whistle

I assume your plan is to NOT fish those spot's? Given his past performances on that lake I will fish the exact opposite side! grin

Heck between Harvey lee and RiverRat56, we better hope the food is good!!!! I have witnessed how those two can shut down a lake individually, now together..... yowza! Regardless, spending time with those two is fun, even if they can't catch a cold!

(Pdogg and I were just victims of those two's curse, it had nothing to do with our fish catchin ability)

I plan on going to this, I cant wait to try some of those southern lakes out, and this will be a great opportunity to learn from the best, and to meet some cool people. I cant wait!

Heck between Harvey lee and RiverRat56, we better hope the food is good!!!! I have witnessed how those two can shut down a lake individually, now together..... yowza! Regardless, spending time with those two is fun, even if they can't catch a cold!

(Pdogg and I were just victims of those two's curse, it had nothing to do with our fish catchin ability)

Darn skippy Muc!!! I don't know Harvey but Riverrat56 has brought his skunk in my boat more than once but on the same token one of us is usually laughing every second of the trip so it's worth it!!!

How is it that I haven't even opened my mouth yet and there is 5 posts stating how terrible of a fishermen I am?

Must be true....Anyways I will deffinatly be there, someone needs to prove to me that there acctually is fish in Lake Sarah, I saw a picture of one once but I'm not really so sure.......

BG, if you need me to bring anything, (other than bad luck...) grill, table, paper plates, garbage can, ect. Just let me know!

Now, now I never said you were a bad fisherman! I did see you catch some fish once grin You just haven't been very lucky lately and from the sounds of things Sarah might bring out a little more of that luck (atleast you caught bullheads on Okabena).

Anyway I don't think it'll be a problem on the ice, I think that skunks hibenate!!! smile

BG, will you be using the same game plan as last year? If I remember correctly, the guys from south central MN found fish while you sipped cocktails and ate chili and then "the locals" moved in to see how it was done.

Sounds like fun. I havent fished that part of the state before, whats the nearest town so I can get a general idea of where its at?

Well if Mrs Boilerguy's chili makes a special appearance, i might have to try to sneak over just for that.

mmmmm good stuff.

Slayton or Marshall, pretty close to inbetween the two. Come on down, we would love to have you and it really is a fun day. Heck, like Team Otter said, they will find the fish for you, and then we can get in on the catching!!!!

BG, will you be using the same game plan as last year? If I remember correctly, the guys from south central MN found fish while you sipped cocktails and ate chili and then "the locals" moved in to see how it was done.

This may happen. My status as a gentleman host demands I allow you to go away thinking you did well. It really wouldn't be neighborly to school the guests now would it?

On ice clinics have happened, but this event is all about the guests, not the host.

grin

Mrs. Boilerguys chili is guaranteed. Hey, I like to eat.

Im moving back to MN in a couple weeks and ive never fished sarah so im thinkin i will be there this year.Should I bring out a portable or does everyone just kindove congregate in one area?

Bring a porty if you like. It kind of depends on the weather. Last year we had people in portables and running around in the open.

IF you don't use it, cool. If you want to fold it over it's always nice to have it near by.

I'll have my sweet new Otter with the ice camo there, also.

Boilerguy knows how to fish!!

He sure does, it's his catching skills that leave me wondering sometimes though....

You can count me in for another Sarah Saturday last year was a great time even though I spent more time Bsing than fishing.

Here's proof of both muc's and BG's catching abilities.

100_0049.jpg

EricCrappie.jpg

I am so telling you that you are number 1 right now!!!!! The camera angle was bad, that gill is at least 2lbs. I was really short arming that one!