• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see what is shared. Just 99 cents to join. Click here please.

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
bassNspear

****2008 World Series Tread****

Mudcutter

Boston is either 8-0 or 9-0 in elmination games in the last few years. sign of a tough franchsise.

I think if Boston wins Game 7, they sweep the Phils.

SledNeck

Ever think that sometimes that certain elements of games involving the red sox, might be somehow "adjusted" by certain powers that be?

come backs from 3-1 alcs in 3 of 5 years? Does this once in a lifetime stuff just happen.......3 times?

genegodawa

And I thought that would only happen against the Cubs...

bassNspear

should be a great game 7 for the sox and rays.

Jarrod32

Matt Garza...ALCS MVP...

mike morris

Wonder how the Twins organization felt while watching that MVP ceremony...

Gary Crichton

It would be like watching your own kids that you raised be sucessfull. The Twins pretty much had representation on all the playoff teams.

Should be a very good World Series. I will be routing for TAMPA BAY.

G.C.

zamboni

I think if Boston wins Game 7, they sweep the Phils.

Man, you guys apparently haven't watched the Phillies play any games this year. Why all the hating on the Phils??? They are an excellent team, and the Rays could be in trouble. I picked Phils/Rays WS at the beginning, before any games were played, and I say Phillies in 6

zamboni

Matt Garza...ALCS MVP...

Said it MONTHS AGO- give us him back, and they can have Delmon (I don't look so) Young.

zamboni

Thats my attempt at a Chris Berman nickname.

Windy City Walleye Hunter

I will be pulling for the Rays for 3 reasons:

Reason Number 1 - They are not Boston or New York!

Reason Number 2 - It is their first time and they have one of the lowest payrolls in MLB, further irritating Boston and New York!

Reason Number 3 - They beat my beloved Pale Hose so at least I can say that we lost to the World Series Champs!

Windy

mike morris

[PoorWordUsage] Delmon's only 23. He'll come along. The trade will eventually pan out for both teams... Just doesn't look so good now does it lol.

Even without Garza, our rotation was great. Wasn't much of a weak link that Garza would have exactly replaced.

SledNeck

1 (1) Yankees $209,081,579

2 (9) Tigers $138,685,197

3 (3) Mets $138,293,378

4 (2) Red Sox $133,440,037 playoffs

5 (4) White Sox $121,152,667 playoffs

6 (5) Angels $119,216,333 playoffs

7 (8) Cubs $118,595,833 playoffs

8 (6) Dodgers $118,536,038 playoffs

9 (7) Mariners $117,993,982

10 (13) Braves $102,424,018

11 (12) Cardinals $100,624,450

12 (17) Blue Jays $98,641,957

13 (14) Phillies $98,269,881 playoffs

14 (15) Astros $88,930,415

15 (18) Brewers $81,004,167 playoffs

29 (30) Rays $43,820,598 playoffs

They Rays are the only team not in teh top 15 in payroll to make the playoffs

Mudcutter

nothing agst the Phils. just agst the NL. It could be the Dodgers or anyone else,,, when you look at the difference in W-L % in interleague play and your an AL fan,,, well, I hope TB sweeps the Phils.,, thou I think it will be good series since it's Tampa and not much experiece.

Tampa in 6

What would Manny have hit if he played all games in NL this year?? What would Jones,Pujols hit if they played in the AL??

All 3 are great hitters,, but in my mind, Manny hits around .380 in NL and JOnes and Pujols hit around .333

AL has dominated interleague play, not becasue of the DH, but becasue of pitching,, especially the closers.

Mudcutter

Windy--

#4-- they win and the Cubs don't. Another team that wins a world championship that wasn't even dreamed of in 1908 or 1945 or ... does it matter. ANother nail in the coffin of the Cubs.

Heck even if the Phils win,, it's a nail in the coffin of the Cubs--- the losingest franchise in all of pro sports wins a title before the vaunted Cubs. That's a curse that gets better (worse) even with the Cubs 'dreaming of next year'.

Mudcutter

I agree,, it's one year. Not a trade,, but look at Joe Mauer and Mark Prior. Then again he went to the Cubs,, all bets are off after that.

zamboni

I agree,, it's one year. Not a trade,, but look at Joe Mauer and Mark Prior. Then again he went to the Cubs,, all bets are off after that.

The thought that Prior or Mauer was even a question mark like Leaf or Manning back in the day is almost laughable. Is Prior ever going to play again?

Windy City

You guys all know how I feel about the Cubbies, but back in his day people thought Prior was the cats pajama's. He was supposed to have the perfect delivery vs his teammate Kerry Wood who was the gunslinger and who they predicted would have arm trouble through his career. Then Prior started with the little nicks and dings and all of a sudden he turned into one of those brittle pitchers that could not pitch unless he was 100% plus. He could not pitch with pain. There is a difference between being hurt and being injured, look at Nolan Ryan. He took the ball every time. Now the Cubbies sign another pitcher who is notorious for being on the IR, Rich Harden. You think they would have learned with Prior. Oh well, enough Cubbie bashing, though I got to say that back in the day Prior was supposed to be the second coming...he just never did!

Windy

bassNspear

I hope the rays win it. Be nice to see a low market team win it. I wonder what the tv ratings are going to be with no high market team in it!

SledNeck

Philidelphia is the 5th biggest metro area in the US

bassNspear

good point!

genegodawa

But where is the highest concentration of true baseball fans?

I think it is Minn given the constant chatter on this board.

SledNeck

We do have serious fans here. Ive noticed that alot of people Ive met from around the country that claim to be baseball fans seem to know less about their favorite teams than I know about their fav team!

bassNspear

there is alot of die hard fans here in MN

Gary Crichton

A question. Since Tampa has a payroll around 43.5 million, How much money will they make this year, now that they are in the World Series. My guess is a lot......

G.C.

UdeLakeTom

Just wondering what the chatter would be on a fishing Illinois forum??? Do you think there would even be any Twins posters? confusedwink

zamboni

Well, the Strib had it on their front page in the sports section, ESPN discussed it today, TBS and Fox have both mentioned it during the play-offs, and I said it MONTHS AGO- the trade for Delmon Young is really starting to look like a bust for the Twins. When I said it MONTHS AGO half of you said I was crazy, NOPE- I was dead on. Plus I predicted the WS teams before the play-offs started, I am a genius when it comes to baseball laughwink

B. Amish

far from a bust. tampa has the upper hand right now, because garza helped them get to the world series. it's not like delmon got sent to the minors.

bassNspear

anyone else watching the game.

I have a feeling this might be one of the best series of all time with the way theses teams play?

Anyone else agree?

zamboni

far from a bust. tampa has the upper hand right now, because garza helped them get to the world series. it's not like delmon got sent to the minors.

Garza- B+

Bartlett- A-

Young- C-. Not a bust??