• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

****2008 World Series Tread****

bassNspear

As we are getting closer and closer to the series, we might as well get the ball rolling.

Who are you looking to get there. I hope its a Boston LA show.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zamboni

• bassNspear

• Windy City

• Gary Crichton

I'm looking forward to a TB - LA showdown. I think that would make one heck of a series.

Best if it were Phillidelphia/Tampa Bay. That way we wouldn't have to listen to any Manny stories.

The real story would be if it were LA and BoSox because then you would have a megasuper star (Manny) having his total salary being paid by the team (BoSox)he was trying to beat! Now that would be a story.

Windy

Exactly Windy. I made that observation to my wife last night and she thought it would be a great idea. Would make for some decent drama. Imagine Manny hitting a homerun at Fenway for the Dodgers. I would rather see a Rays - Dodgers WS though.

Don't really care about the Senior Circuit but I would not mind watching the Rays go for it. Anybody but an east coast team, and by east coast I mean BoSox or Yankees!

Windy

I vote for LA and Boston, just so we can hear all about Manny. Oh boy.

G.C.

Nice not having the Cubs in the mix,,, they get jammed down my throat in IA. Then again,, been 63 years since they have been in the WS,,, maybe next year?? I think not.

I'd like to see LA play agst Boston and get shut out 4-0 in another show of the dominant league. Even Tampa,, not so sure they can shut out the NL.

Their is a reason Manny hit .396 in the NL. no pitching, no closers,,, Lidge will blow a big one.

Only reason I would pull for LA is Torre,, NY let a great one go.

As long as the Rays go to it I don't care who comes from the NL. The Rays deserve it and have been the best baseball team all year, excluding the Angels, look where they're at now. I'm soooo sick of Boston/New England sports! I think it's pretty cool Joe Torre is back in the Championship series with a different team.

Rays vs Phillies.

I hope the Rays will take it all. A very talented, impressive young team.

I could care less who is in it as long as it is a sweep: the games are always a treat to watch, but the fewer innings I have to listen to Buck and McCarver, the better.

lol, there different guys with different voices, that forsure.

But i think i would rather listen to them then madden on football!

Which one, Zam? We got to see a few of them up close and personal and they were not a pretty site if you are cheering for the opposing team! LOL

Windy

That one over the monster- soon as it hit the bat I knew it was gone. Had to have gone at least 450+

I guess ESPN is going to have to expand it's reach beyond NY and Boston all the way out to Philly!

Windy

Man is Tampa looking tough in these playoff's.. I can see a Tampa - Phillies WS and Tampa wining the whole thing. They are going to be a very good team for years to come.

Man is Tampa looking tough in these playoff's.. I can see a Tampa - Phillies WS and Tampa wining the whole thing. They are going to be a very good team for years to come.

Will the owners keep the team together? Remember, the Florida Marlins have done the same thing twice now, and both teams were pretty much disbanded the next season. I hope they keep these guys together, sick of Yankees/Red Sox every season

the owner of the Marlins purposely put the 97? team together to win a championship and disband them to sort of stick it to MLB if I do recall............I do not think the Rays ownership would get rid of these young talents when most of them are not even up for arbitration let alone the free agency market!

I hear FOX is worried about a Philly / Tampa Bay series. Won't be able to get their coveted 25 share without one of the huge market teams involved. cry

I hear FOX is worried about a Philly / Tampa Bay series. Won't be able to get their coveted 25 share without one of the huge market teams involved. cry

thats funny right there. Maybe its a good thing for once!

Finally. A game with some drama this postseason. I've been waiting for a series to get interesting.

Boston still has a shot. There Ace goes tonight, who is the best pitcher in the playoffs in a long long time.

There is no reason for the Rays to panic. They have been dominant in the series and they should have no problem winning. They are clearly the better team and I hope they win it all. They have really deserved it.