• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Roundabout

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMITOUT

• B@ssDoctor

• lots of luck

• eyepatrol

If roundabouts are so safe, Then Why not have them at Hwy15 man Hwy 212?? or Hwy 212 and Hwy 4. All I have seen is some DOT trying to make a name for themselfs.That is why Big thucks have to detour in Huth to get back on Hwy 15 South. Or take a different road completely.

Originally Posted By: lots of luck
People are also not signaling their intentions to leave the roundabout.

I keep reading/hearing this comment and I have to chuckle. You're turning left around a roundabout and you cannot signal to the right without holding the turn signal lever up. Doing this can also break the mechanism inside the steering column as well. Not to mention you have to take one hand off the wheel to do this because the turn signal will not stay on because the wheel is turned in the opposite direction, and people navigating through these things definitely don't need to be worrying about if their signal is on as they have enough to be looking out for anyway.

The only time you could signal is when the steering wheel is turned to the right just as you exit the roundabout. By this time it's meaningless to signal.

You can't be serious with this reply!?! IF you would like I can meet you and I'll show you how to signal with hands on the wheel using one finger to half engage the blinker. If people can't manage this maneuver maybe they should not be driving, I think a roundbout is the least of their concern. So when you change lanes on a four lane divided highway you fully engage your blinker? LOL laugh

No, I am serious. I understand how to signal with one finger as do you, but that doesn't mean everyone else does. I fully understand what you are talking about, but the point is that you are turning left and trying to signal right. If you've watched people drive through that thing you can see why they don't have time to signal, let alone keep it off the curbs and watch for people who aren't yielding.

Quote:
If people can't manage this maneuver maybe they should not be driving, I think a roundbout is the least of their concern.

And these are the same people that blew through the stop sign that was there, or tried to play chicken with an oncoming car to see if they could "make it", or would pass on the right shoulder while someone else was signaling to turn left. That was my point from the beginning....you're always going to have these people who cannot drive and that's why this roundabout was a waste of time and money. Thanks for proving what I've been saying all along.

Not that complicated....that's a frickin' hilarious post limitout. Maybe you could claim your blinker mechanism with the insurance company if it broke.

Is it me , or is there anyone else SICK of the round about topic! I thought this was a fishing forum! , NOT traffic forum!! Sorry about the whining!

I didn't really fish this weekend so I will gladly keep this argument going as the ignorance I am witnessing is simply ridiculous and must be addressed. I question the skeptics. I would venture to say that the skeptics rarely drive the roundabout on 7 or have never witnessed how bad the intersections were previously. Until you have sat at those intersections with other drivers putting YOUR life in THEIR hands, you will never understand. I too questioned the DOT's solution at first, but after begging that a solution be implemented, I now feel that the best decision was made. With a 16 year old driver and a 15 year old gettting ready to drive, I feel much better. I will predict that the accident frequency will continue to increase dramatically, however the severity will be nill.

Yeah no kidding bring this to the "traffic forum" since there are so many forms on this FISHING MINNESOTA website

You say wrong subject for Hutchinson site? Ok could be different. So I propose, that skeeter tell all Hutchinson site readers How much Ice There is on Hutchinson area Lakes, And then share what You or What you Have Seen.That would put this page back to Fishing???? Or do other people, and me miss something, We live an drive to the Cities To remember.

just because it would be fun... somebody with a plow should carve out a roundabout in the middle of shanty town on belle this year. seems like a lot of this forums users would be able to drive it with their eyes closed after a couple of weeks. may provide for some laughs/carnage when the fishing is slow too.

Alright lol what lakes are you wondering about? Just dont worry though ill keep staying out there and fishing and then you can stay and keep talking about the roundabout.

Again! This thread is about the ROUNDABOUT! There are other threads dedicated to fishing here in the Hutch forum. There is nothing wrong with discussing the roundabout on here. Funny how the people who are writing on here and complaining about the topic are actually the ones who interested enough to actually be reading this post!

By the way...7" inches of ice on Long, probably 12" on Erie by now (marked lots of fish but no bites) and I would say 10-11" on Greenleaf.

Studies by major research organizations have shown that roundabouts are much safer. Studies of roundabouts show that total crash numbers are reduced by 40 percent, while injury crashes are reduced by more than 70 percent, and fatalities are almost non-existent.

actually i was just wondering what all the fuss is about some stinkin roundabout. Every time I go on the the Hutch forum there is 10 new posts about it and nothing about fishing. Complaining about it isnt going to change it but i guess some are more interested in whining about a roundabout than fishing...

Interested yeah couldnt you tell? I dont see the point in always talking about the roundabout. What good does it do. I am gunna go check out some lakes this afternoon. Ill check out the roundabout too and let you know on the conditions and see if the roundabout is fishable.

Again, if you don't like it don't read it. Is it really that hard for you guys to understand that?

Sure roundabouts are statistically safer, I got no problem with that...but on a highway???

Last time I checked, there are several updated ice/fish reports on the Hutch forum.

Again doesnt matter. Yeah it is a little hard to understand i think you should maybe say it a few more times it might start to click then, and ill start to check those FISHING TOPICS on fishing minnesota.

i hope that this thread would just go away i can't belive that people would waste time and effort on a subject that you can not change they are not going to take it out or change so get over it and get back to the fishing and hunting.And if people get killed on it they will do something diffent like every other year just like the 212 and 15 intersection over by brownton.

I think all sides and angles have been covered here so there really isn't much reason to continue on. Everyone has had their opportunity to make their points known and it doesn't seem to be moving any further along. I think it's been pretty well hashed out from both sides.