• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Another lead change in the AL Central

UdeLakeTom

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gary Crichton

• Windy City

• Windy City Walleye Hunter

• UdeLakeTom

Cliff Lee has been beaten by ONE american league team this year.....THE Minnesota Twins.

The other loss was a NL team... not sure, but maybe diamondbacks?

p.s.... Cincinati beat him May 18....TWINS beat him July 6

I agree Soldon,

They did beat him on July 6th but lost on July 25th and on April 18th. That's all I was pointing out!

Windy

I think the Twins and the White Sox better watch out, they way both of these teams are playing Cleavland is going to win the division!

Twins 3-7 in the last 10!

Sox 4-6 in the last 10!

Sure looks like a couple good playoff teams crazy

I know, I know Peter Positive smirk

Twins still in first place and the sox are tied with the TWINS.

The road trip is not turning out like I predicted, however we are still in the hunt and should remain a 2 horse race.

As far as Cleveland goes, well good luck on that one. That is a reach.

G.C.

I'm sure glad chicago is slumping the same time we are otherwise we'd never hear the end of it from Windy! Go Cleveland.

You are correct on that one. It is to be expected. They are not any better than we are, besides they have to have 2 teams from chicago, with the thought 1 of them might go somewhere in the playoffs. The odds are better that way.

G.C.

So Gary,

What is the new phrase that pays to make people think the Twinks are still in first place? You better hope Boston goes in the tank or the Twinks will be walleye fishing early this year!

Windy

Windy here it is. "OBJECTS IN YOUR MIRROR MAY BE CLOSER THEN IT APPEARS".

sox in first, for the time being.

G.C.

AMEN GARY!!! twins will be in 1st place by next weekend.. as windy would say.. "U can put it on the boardddddd YESSSSSSS!!"

Could be Masher....

Right before you go on another extended road trip! And we all know how well this one is working out. LOL

WIndy

So Peter Positive (aka Gary)

I can say that you had the numbers 100% correct on your Twink road trip prediction......

JUST HAD THEM IN THE WRONG ORDER! LOL

Windy

Ya I know, I was to say the same thing. #'s right, wrong order.

Oh well no drinks for me now. I will wait until the last pitch is thrown to celebrate the division title or drown the sorrows coming in 2nd behind the sox.

We are coming home and should get well. Just have to figure out a better game plan for the road. I will take after that road trip only down 1.5.........

G.C.

Agreed,

The road has not been kind to either of us. Looking at things thru my silver and black tinted glasses, I am hoping my Pale Hose can survive the Angels and I am equally hoping that the Rays will deliver the knock out punch when the Twinks visit them for 4 games. I would rest a lot easier if my Pale Hose had more than a 3 game lead going into that series in the Baggie Dome.

It will be exciting because it looks like it is coming down to a winner take all in the Central because I don't think the Wild Card will be coming out of the Central this year, as much as I would have liked to see it!

Windy

Don't say that, I got 2 bosses that are above me who are very much that way.

It is amazing. Talk about double checking.

Windy is in the same boat we are. Hoping for the best, and which end is going to sink first.

G.C.

Gary,

Looks like the Twinks just backed into a huge help with Quentin going down for the year with a broken wrist. Should be all the sweeter if we still manage to beat the Twinks even without our MVP superstar. My guess is the odds have to be stacked huge in the Twinks favor now, I would say at least 10 to 1 if not more that they win the division. Sox have a monumental task ahead of them for sure.

Windy

Ya this has to hurt, that is for sure. Of course you now have Griffey who is what about 80.

Good luck to ya.

G.C.

Quote:
And your choice for MVP would be who, KMR?

I'll handle this easy one guys~~~~~ grin

Justin Morneau .311 avg 22 hr's 113 Rbi's 40 doubles and Gold glove type Fielding.

Carlos Quentin .288 avg 36 hr's 100 rbi's 26 doubles and below average Fielding skills.

Throw in the FACT that Morneau does not have the smidgen of talent batting behind him that Quentin has.

I thinks its clear who the real MVP is between this two.

Did I mention Carlos Quentin has Struck out more often and walked less then Morneau also.....

Thanks for playing tho!..grin

gamesetmatchcustomjz4.jpg

looks like there back on track to get to first place. if they keep hitting the ball like they did tonight, there going to be in great shape

I'm going to throw out something here....If the TWINS come back again and take the division, while the Sox go home, it will be devastating for them. With the Twins even staying in the race, it is a huge success. The Sox are an OLD team, without many years left....the MN TWINS are a very young team, with talent and "upside".

We get frustrated with some of Gardy's moves......but the guy's "on the bubble" get a few more chances to keep thier job, before the axe falls. We will see some changes to the bullpen this off-season for sure.

Quentin.....definition; a 1 year "flash in the pan" who will show his true talent , after his drug tests. eek

MVP NOT

So Pier,

I guess I will ask you the same question that people are asking me. Does Morneau win the MVP on a team that does not make the playoffs?

Windy

Morneau could very well win the MVP if the Twins dont make the playoff's, what am I saying "IF". They won't make the playoff's and he will be in the top 3 for the title. After watching the Twins this weekend there is no way they will catch Boston for the wildcard and they won't catch the Sox too many sluggers on that team to give up a 2-1/2 game lead.

I will say congrats to you right now on the Al Central title.

Nah....the opera singer doesn't ever have her costume on yet..Ask me which song around the 25th of the month. laughlaughlaugh

Holy cow, we are having to get a revolving door on the Twins bandwagon. Jump on and then Jump off. Lots of time left to take the division. No need to panic.

Pierbridge nicely said on the big guy. Stats don't lie.

Windy your doing fine without Quentin. 1 man does not make the team.....EVERYBODY READY FOR THE BIG PUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!except Windy.

G.C.