• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Everett is not good

Dahitman44

"Chris" Everett is not good and should be cut.

Most Northern League players could bat better, his arm is shot and everytime he steps on the white chalk line he gets hurt.

It is time -- CUT HIM!!!

also -- fire the scout that thought his "D" was still gold glove -- it is NOT

Tonight, or I should say, yesterday, he went 0 for 5. Good thing the team didn't need him to win. He was the only one who didn't get a hit. Big surprise. GET RID OF HIM!

He was close to being gone...When one of the injured players comes back, he will be given his release again.

I am sure Gardy wasn't happy with bringing him back. They were in a bind and he was there.

Yeah, well I think he should be shipped down the road w/ the tubby starting pitcher and that Lamb fella.

I thought lamb and Hernadez would have worked out better ...

Hopefully Tolbert will be back soon, or Casilla's not hurt as badly as initially thought.

Tolbert was on his way to becoming a more consistant Pat Meares and that would have been fine for me.

Woody --

I know a lot more than you

How many fingers am I holding up? See -- told ya wink

Hey boys be nice now!! gringrin

Post about the great Twins, still only 1/2 out of 1st place!! shocked

Although Everett does have his problems, but he can put down a good bunt. The Twins hands were somewhat tied when Alexi's hand got hurt. The Orioles just wanted more than the Twins were willing to give up for Roberts.

See the outdoors Forum for more info...

An appeal for respectfulness in the Forums. .

Say, Tom --

Let me guess you are kinda a glass half full kind of guy, eh?

wink

Put it this way...I have been a Twins fan since '61. I have seen the likes of Paul Giel and Freddy Bruckbauer on the mound. Outfielders like Downtown Darrel Brown, Dan Dobbek, Willie Norwood...A catcher named Ron Henry play 1st base..Everett was another failed try and they were ready to release him. But I have seen many worse. This is an exciting team.

We could have spent money to keep Carlos Silva, what has Seattle got for what they paid him.

I watch the Twins when I can, cheer for them when the win, and groan when they lose, and then chied with Windy on who is better, the Sox or the Twins.

It's entertainment. The dog doesn't get kicked if they lose, I don't cuss at the TV, I just turn it off when the game is over and read the FM.

Paul Giel pitched for the Twins?

I knew he was a 2 sport star at the U but didn't realize he pitched for the Twins!

Great Guy that's for sure!

Yup...not for long though..

Giel was also a baseball pitcher. After his collegiate days he pitched in the major leagues for the New York and San Francisco Giants, Pittsburgh Pirates, Minnesota Twins, and Kansas City Athletics. He served as the University of Minnesota's Director of Athletics from 1971 to 1989.

But I like your avatar!!! smile

Nice arm to first today Mr. Everett!! Though the umpire blew the call, we should have never been in that situation anyway.

Mike,

I kind of thought the same thing. It looks like the firstbaseman got his foot down in time after leaping but the ump was indicating that his foot came down off the base with a sweeping motion away from the base with his hands. As a Pale Hose fan, I will take it as we need all the help we can get. I think that when a play like that occurs a bad throw will give the ump a reason to call you safe. So we have traded first three time now in the first week, I think I predicted about 10 lead changes, I may want to up that number! It's going to be fun, especially when we pick up Paul Byrd to fill in for the injured Jose Contreras.

Windy

Hey Windy,

It was 10 times and I think after this 1st week you should raise that to about 15 - 20 times now. Its going to be a dog fight to the finish can't wait to see how this division turns out.

I hope it is a dog fight right to the end, it will push both teams, and hopefully the wild card comes from our division. With the Rays taking the east!

I think in order to make the playoffs we need the division. The Red Sox or the Yanks will get the Card.

I don't think his foot came down on the bag and it was a horrible throw....What I can't understand is why did Gardy takehim out of the game to be pinch hit when he was 2-4 with 2 rbi's for the game.....I believe they brought in Gomez..What the....seriously I have a hard time being a Gardy fan right now....Why is Morneau or Mauer sitting when we are in a divisional race and we get into first and we throw out just the dumbest line-ups.....then when pithcers are pithcing good take them out and bring in the bull-pen but when they start to struggle in the later innings leave them in till damage has been done then he goes to the bull-pen......He over thinks things or something but I have not been a fan of his lately!!!

In a nutshell it's a 162 game season not a Tuesday night D league softball game!

grin

I do understand it's a pennant race and the pressure is getting to some you guy's.... grin

What do you mean??? It's is very simple....Gomez is lousy, Everett is equally rotten, the bullpen needs to be sent to AAA, come on haven't you been reading the threads all season.

The only 2 things that were done correctly was getting rid of Livan and Monroe, and that was toooooo late. All of us should have Billy Smith's job and the Twins would be undefeated this year. gringrinlaughlaughsmirksmirk

Since we are dumping all of these players because they are so lousy, who is going to play the positions?

I thought Everett made some good plays, and had some good at bats. I am sure he is a little rusty, he hasnt played, that and he was injured. Not every team out there has the option to just go out and buy the best players out there! Even those that do, arent doing a whole lot better then us anyhow!

Hey our Tuesday is mat ball not some D league [PoorWordUsage]!! LOL

I am just noticing that I am making more comments on Gardy then I ever have and have noticed alot more mistakes like letting Perkins (i think) stay in the 7th against the Mariners after he loaded the bases the inning before yet other times a guy is throwing a shutout and under 100 pitches and he won't let them go back out the next inning or Taking out Everett batting 2-4 with 2 rbi's for a rookie that can't get a hit and goes down on 3 pitches.....maybe he pinch hit for Kubel and even though Kubel struck out 3 times that game I would want either of them to hit when it counts rather than GO-GO back to the bench Gomez....

Oh by the way Pier Manny didn't show up last Tuesday and left us with 9....I can't take his antics!! HAHA