• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Great...Glad to hear it was close..

Post the results lets see some standings.

If Brent took and egg and is off next week. It will be tough to hold the lead.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DTro

• hanson

• Larry FlatCaster

• aanderud

Still waiting for Ed & Aanderud to report otherwise everyone else has reported. I'll have it up first thing in the morning.

That had to be one of the most brutal nights.......

Missed a couple hooksets early and past history has told me that once you miss a couple....it sets the tone for the rest of the night.

Only had 5 or 6 hits all night and managed just one decent little flat at about 3 in the morning. Broke off on a nice one right after that as well.

Pretty quiet on the river in Carver once we set up....only had two or three boats go by us all night.

Ed got a channel, he has the pic so I'll let him email it to you. I assumed he already had smile

Brutal was an understatement! Yep I took an egg to boot. We had rain every hour to hour and a half some hard some light. We both lost gear and John lost all the fish I didn't even get a crack at any flatheads.

Hanson!

did you update the league stuff with week 3 info?

I see that you added something this morning. Looking for most current standings?

Hanson!

did you update the league stuff with week 3 info?

I see that you added something this morning. Looking for most current standings?

Strange... I see Week 4 Results. grin

1st Place Flathead

- Larry Haugh 32" x 19" (51 pts)

2nd Place Flathead (tie)

- John Kimble 28" x 18" (46 pts)

- Kyle Baynes 29" x 17" (46 pts)

1st Place Channel

- Darren Troseth 27-1/2" x 16-1/2" (44 pts)

2nd Place Channel

- Kyle Baynes 27" x 14" (41 pts)

Technically 2-1/2 out of 4, isn't it? grin

Well if you want to get technical it’s actually 3 out of 5 or, 60% of the money fish, came out of the Cat-Catcher-Won boat.

Because of that tie the boat took a 15% hit. Now, if the boat wanted to get back to that 75% figure it would have to run the table next week 4 for 4. grin

Originally Posted By: hanson
Technically 2-1/2 out of 4, isn't it? grin

Well if you want to get technical it’s actually 3 out of 5 or, 60% of the money fish, came out of the Cat-Catcher-Won boat.

Because of that tie the boat took a 15% hit. Now, if the boat wanted to get back to that 75% figure it would have to run the table next week 4 for 4. grin

Easy ladies.... Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Runnin the table in the league is pretty much unheard of due to the caliber of competition.

I got a couple more contests outings before the 22nd... So I'm gonna hold off on the Smack talkin till a little closer to the event.

I will say this... Since Brent has the next league night off. I have a special guest... Harvey Lee in the boat.

I'm thinking that should be a fun night.... Can't wait Tom. grin

Hanson... You just keep posting the stats in a timely manner and don't worry about technicalities. Dtro, you better have a technical calculation to win the next Moore's contest... This upcoming Sat. grin

So how does the point thing work with a sub anyway? The money goes to the sub and the points are null if a winning fish is caught or is the sub added to the leaderboard or do the points go to the person who is supposed to be fishing blush Sorry I'm missing out on fishing with you larry, if I didn't have to drive down from Bemidji and it's even worse now that only one point is the difference. sick Hanson we better get into some fish on the 12th!

Yeah, how do the points work with subs? For some reason I thought sub points counted toward year-end totals, but I probably missed something in the rules...

First off, the darned sub needs to catch a fish. I've been on a pretty long cold streak at this time but with Larry, I'm feeling good.

Yeah, how do the points work with subs? For some reason I thought sub points counted toward year-end totals, but I probably missed something in the rules...

Subs can take the money if they get points enough for a money fish... The points how ever are null and void except only in determining the nightly winner. (No seasonal value)

This might be a topic opened up for discussion next year.

Brent.... to bad we can't fish together, but I know that things come up. You had better hope that the top runners for flats pull some eggs... it will be tough nut to keep up with two mulligans.

Tom.... we should be able to get on some fish.

This probably isn't the time or place, but in my opinion the subs points should most definately count towards yearly total.

This probably isn't the time or place, but in my opinion the subs points should most definately count towards yearly total.

I'm not sure if thats how it should be done exactly, but something along those lines..... As I said.... this might be a topic to be opened up for discussion prior to next season. I can see a few potential problems arising from the above statement.

So far this year, we don't have an issue with subs and year end points. I feel that a substitute who fishes enough as a sub (Harvey Lee for example), should have the ability to have the points count towards year end. But like you said Tom, you gotta catch 'em first. wink

If a sub does pull a money fish on league night though, the $$$ is his. grin

We can discuss any and all suggestions at the year end party however. I have a feeling there will be some serious deep thinking there.

I'm not sure if thats how it should be done exactly, but something along those lines..... As I said.... this might be a topic to be opened up for discussion prior to next season. I can see a few potential problems arising from the above statement.

I do to Larry.

Its something we can hammer out later.

For what its worth, it does not bother me that my points don't count or even if I don't recieve any prize money. I just enjoy getting out with all of you.

I know thats only my feeling about it.

Just so I'm clear, I meant the pts earned by the sub should count towards the yr end for the permanent member they are subbing for.

Thats makes sense Darren. Then the pressure would be on me to help out the other dude. I guess I would need to make sure I catch a fish then.

Just so I'm clear, I meant the pts earned by the sub should count towards the yr end for the permanent member they are subbing for.

I agree with Darren on this, and I have to say that's I actually thought the sub counted toward year-end until I heard differently yesterday. The rules don't say anything about the sub's points not counting. They say "if you can't make it, find a sub", and "top 5 of the 6 weeks count toward the final standing". It doesn't say "5 of the 6 nights that YOU fish count toward the final standings". I think it's a very logical to conclude then that the sub would count as one of the weeks. Seems more logical to me than the alternative.

For the record, I'm not saying I think subs should count, and I'm not saying that subs should not count. I'm sure there are valid arguments to be made for either scenario (or the third scenario that was mentioned here, that a multi-week sub has his OWN total??). Debates can be had at the end of the year or in next year's planning. I'm simply saying that if a sub does NOT count, then it needs to be explicitly stated in the rules to avoid confusion, because the way they're written now a vast majority of people would conclude that the sub would count for the permanent member's total for the year end.

As of right now, the sub does NOT count. It never has.

(I've missed out on points in the past if it has counted as my subs have caught fish in my absence)

Like I mentioned, any recommendations or suggestions can wait until the year end party for discussion. Clarifications will be made to the rules for next year so there is no confusion as to the role of the substitute.

The goal is to make the league stronger and more fun.

Well said Chris. The entire purpose of the subs is ,that while they get to fish for free, it is for the "honesty" factor of the League itself. If they get a winning fish , then congrats to them for taking the time to fish for someone. The entire goal of the league is to reward those that do fish it every night, make new friends along the way and learn something as well.

Well said Chris. The entire purpose of the subs is ,that while they get to fish for free, it is for the "honesty" factor of the League itself. If they get a winning fish , then congrats to them for taking the time to fish for someone. The entire goal of the league is to reward those that do fish it every night, make new friends along the way and learn something as well.

I'll second the above statement.

Originally Posted By: Papa Grump

I'll second the above statement.

I'll third the statement but it still needs to be in the rules. Next year...

I prefer to not catch any fish most of the time, then I don't have to worry about such things as year-end totals wink You'd think I wasn't wetting a line, if you look at all my zeros!!

I'll third the statement but it still needs to be in the rules. Next year...

You betcha!