• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

billy f

i have a place on little Jessie but have been laid up with broken ankle heading up this week and wondering if anyone has fishing report fr the lake.

thanks

bill

Woollman99

Bill---the panfish and bass bite has been very good recently. Small jigs tipped with live bait or spinners with a plastic body/tail have been producing well. Walleyes have been hit or miss. Most fish I have caught or seen have been real nice. Live bait rigs with a leech has been the steady producing method. Northerns (along with some walleyes) can be picked up by trolling the lake shore weedlines with crank baits.

Best fishing for me lately (for walleyes) has been had on Bowstring. Jig with a leech (experiment with color and type) was the producing method last few weeks and the fish were caught through out the midlake structure---anywhere from 19-24'.

Hope the ankle holds up for you and good luck fishing.

Woollman

bogwalker

Hey billy f, Welcome. The fishing is not as good as it was a few weeks ago. The old "You should have been here yesterday" bit. We are going out this evening if we don't get rained out.

billy f

Thanks for the update. FIshing was just about the way you put it. My son and buddy caught some very nice pan fish lots of fun they out fished me and they were using gulp and i had live bait.

Good luck

Hope to see on the water.

bogwalker

billy f, My son was fishing Little Jessie with a friend over the weekend.

bogwalker

My son says hello to your son.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mulefarm
      The ice should be out this week.
    • my4x4yj
      Just read an article from the Star Tribune from yesterday about fishing related travel in MN, article advised that local officials and business owners along the north shore  are advising that out of the area fisher persons are not welcome for the steel head run in local rivers, the two DNR ramps near International Falls were the only ramps open on the Rainey River, locals have closed all private ramps however Arties Bait and Tackle in Ortonville is posting regular updates about the ice out for Big Stone and advising that they have an honor system bait tank outside and call ahead pickup at the door tackle orders as well as a link to an article from the DNR about people getting out to fish and advising travel to do so.
    • monstermoose78
    • Rick
      They closed the county roads leading to the 4 accesses on Koochiching County.   Fishing and hunting are still allowed.   Looking forward to you getting up here.
    • Wanderer
    • delcecchi
      I would go back and read Cliff and Ace and others comments about past openers.    A lot depends on when the ice goes out.     Which end you gonna be at?      And bring warm clothes and good raingear...   I've been snowed on in the past.
    • mrpike1973
      Thanks for the reports. I may go if the wind goes down today may need to pet a few kitties today!
    • CaptJohnWis
      I heard from a buddy that there will be no fishing allowed on the river this spring. Any truth to that? I think it is a good idea otherwise there will be people coming up in droves as usual. Stay in your house and say some prayers.   I am stuck in my house down here in Texas and hope to eventually get back up North. Canada border closed so I couldn't hit my favorite spots on Rainy Lake anyway.
    • FishinCT
      Alright everyone, since I’m starting to see some open water out here in South Dakota I’m itching to get off the ice fishing talk. Due to the virus, this is likely to be my first opener on Vermilion in about 20 years. What are some strategies that you use that time of year? Depth, presentation, bait etc.    I’ll warm up on the April walleyes out here in the meantime!
    • Wanderer
      Got home from work while it was raining.  It finally slacked up around 5 and I took a walk around the yard, picked up some stuff, trimmed a few trees and stretched out a little further to figure out a few blind sets for turkey season.  As comfortable as I am with the ground around me, it was worth the scout.  I figured out 3 spots that I hadn’t considered before.     It was definitely refreshing to be outside again and now I can at least have some anticipation for the upcoming season!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.