• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lakes/Times to Avoid Recreational Traffic

With the warm weather it's getting more difficult to find lakes in the area or times to get out and fish without heavy boat and wave runner traffic in the area. Early morning and evening seem to be the only fishable times right now on many of the lakes. The large groups of boats with subwoofers cranked and dancers partying on the upper deck are not helping with the bite.

I don't mind getting up at 4:30 in the morning for a nice peaceful few hours of fishing, but it's tough to get the kids out that early. Any recommendations? How are Clear or Comfort for traffic? How about Bone?

Sure wish they'd give me a little space and not drive right over where I'm casting...

Clear has been busy this year. Lots of boat traffic. Comfort is a smaller lake that holds some ok bass, and there's usually less traffic. Bone is another smaller lake, similar to Comfort. There's a few walleyes in Bone. Both are worth trying if you are trying to get away from the cruisers.