• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'll be coming up next weekend (26th-29th) and camping/fishing. Normally I don't make it up til 1st week of July, and with this weird spring, just wondering how the fishing is

are the bass/gills spawning yet? Up shallow or still staging deep? How's the walleye bite? Any info would be sweet, just wondering the general patterns, in case my standard spots and tactics aren't going to produce

I can't give you a report on bass or bluegills but I will give you one piece of advice, bring plenty of bug dope or bring a good bug shirt. With all the wet weather we have been having there is a bumper crop of mosquitos, no-seeums and flies. They have been ravenous and they will pump enough anti-coagulant into you body to cause hallucinations.

Other than the bugs the warm days and relatively cool nights recently have been a welcome change from the weather we had this late spring / early summer.

Enjoy your trip!

Hope this is not too late for you.

Was up last weekend on a smaller lake. Bluegills had not spawned and were shallow (2-6 feet). Did not target bass much but the ones we caught were shallow too.

No walleye info.