• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2008 Annandale Area Get Together---July 27th Updated Please Read

John - thanks for the compliment and the encouragement. But all the credit goes to my grandfather, father and uncle. All I can do is carry on the tradition in both use and care.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bassNspear

• Patti

• reelemin

• hydro

I just want to take the time again to say thanks to everyone for coming. It was great to meet all of you in person. I hope everyone had a great time.

Like Hydro says, always great to put a face to a name.

Hope everyone had a great time!!! Ya in the winter.

It was an awesome day on the water, - what an interesting lake !!!

and a great group of people, nice meeting you all grin.

BnS thanks for putting this together.

How about some fish reports guys?

How did everyone do out there?

Hester

In my boat we:

1. Observed a dogfish for a long time.

2. Had a loon get close enough for a great picture.

3. Fed a sunfish to a seagull.

4. Did not see a carp.

5. Had a great time!

For the fish story see my post in fishing reports.

Thanks for all of you actually show up. Good to meet you all. A future day should be arranged. You guys spent TEN hours on the lake?!!! I was out there from 5:15am to 4pm when I got the "are you still fishing?" phone call. Here's my report for the day:

5:30-7ish 2 bass(14"/18.5") a few gills.

8:00-10:30 5 walleye biggest 14"

11-1 did a lot of scouting/fast trolling...nothing

1-4 a few bass 13-16" a few gills.

Did some more trolling in search of an unmarked honey hole(hill actually) I used to fish. Finally found it and man did I mark fish down there. Nice size fish too. I can't hardly remember marking that many big fish in a 2-3acre area before. All in 20' at the top down to 28'(eventually breaks down to 40'). I think I threw my whole tackle box at em and nary a bite. The only thing I didn't do is bobber fish em cause I had no live bait with me today. I didn't have my aqua view with either. Anybody have any ideas what they might have been? I would certainly think if they were bass or northerns they would have hit one of my presentations. How deep will carp go and hang out? A flock of turtles? Fish were in 20-28', on bottom up to 6'off. Sunken rock island tops at 20'. I'm headed back out there Wed. afternoon to find out. Thanks again for the day.

Steve

Oh, and I forgot about the norderns...two for the day...22" and 25". All my fish went back Sunday.

Nice report fishin, my guess would be carp or big walters. But what do I know?

Hester

My fishing report? Well, I was fishing with people who were fishing for bass...and since I had never fished for bass(only caught them by accident), I fished for bass. grin And I caught my first one "on purpose".cool Goldtip figured it was 2.5-3lbs...

I ended up with 3 Bass all around 14" and 2 northerns, both about 24 to 26" - its hard to measure northerns in the kayak crazy

So did you go up into Augusta or did you venture to Otter? Sure was a nice day to be in your "kayak". That was one cool set-up for fishing! Impressive!

I just want to take the time again to say thanks to everyone for coming. It was great to meet all of you in person. I hope everyone had a great time.

Like Hydro says, always great to put a face to a name.

Hope everyone had a great time!!! Ya in the winter.

Hey Jason, I would like to Thank you for setting this up and even though the fishing wasn't the greatest I still had a great and very fun day on the water except for when we ran into that jerkoff in the bass boat on Augusta I told you about. Thanks for sending Patti along with us I haven't laughed that hard in a long time and she is a very nice person to have in the boat. We deifinately have to do another one before archery season and by the way it was nice to finally meet some of my fellow FMrs and I have to admit I was a little nervous what everybody would be like in person but found out everybody was really cool to hang out with.

Hey buddy,

No Problem, im glad that everyone had a great time. We will ahve to do this again in the winter time. It was great to meet everyone, and get out in the water with everyone as well.

Hoe you all had a great time, and thankd all fro coming that did make it this time.

It was great to meet everyone this weekend. I was able to catch a couple bass and a couple northerns. I will be out there again this weekend still trying to find the walleyes. Did anyone try drop shotting? I think that might be a good presentation in this lake.

See you on the water,

Greg

• 3 weeks later...

Late on the report - don't log in all that much, hopefully my memory is sound. Patti, I was with Travis (tjoutdoors) in his boat and not under the weather so must be someone else you're thinking of? Sometimes I look under the weather though. wink

I'm a rookie, so it was a great learning experience. We went to the far eastern shoreline area of the lake and fished the weedlines mainly around 6-10 fow. We were mainly drifting/trolling around with squiggly grub type fake bait (not sure the technical term) on gumball jigs and had good action - beside the 3 that we lost (Travis thinks 2 were walleye) we landed a fair number of nice sized bass, some rock bass / sunny and a nice share of crappie, my 11.5 incher being my highlight of the trip for me. Nice fillet o'fish.

Wanted to stay longer, but ended up taking the kids out to pleasant where we tried not to get sick with all the pleasure craft circling us, but also had fair action there. My first northern ever (slightly larger than a hammer head), lots of crappie, but also lots of little sunny nibbling on the bait. Tomorrow I venture back out to Pleasant with the father-in-law who has the worst luck so I'm hoping to get into something for his (!) sake....

I hope there's another get-together soon, once again thank you. smile Also hope there are some ice get-togethers. I'm actually kind of looking forward to winter (really!) Anyone wanna sell a cheap Vexilar?