• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2008 Annandale Area Get Together---July 27th Updated Please Read

FM’ers

I would like to welcome everyone to the 2008 Annandale Forum Get-Together that is going to be held on July 27th, on Clearwater Lake. Its going to be a time for everyone to come out and learn new fishing tactics, and get to have a great time meeting everyone. This is FREE…so I hope that everyone can come and enjoy a day on the water with other FM’ers

How its going to work is we are all going to meet at the Landing by 7:00 am, and we are going to fish until 11:30. Then we are going to meet at a place that we talk about at the landing in the morning, and just hang out and talk about how everyone is fishing, what they have caught, and how they are getting bites. This can be for all different types of fish, just don’t have to be one type, anyone can come and fish whatever.

After that, if you are still in the fishing mood, you can go out and use the new tactics that others have shared on how they have got there fishing and what they were doing to get them, or you can simply go home. Others can go out with others as well if you would like to get to know one another or learn something that you just don’t understand or whatever the case might be.

The best part about it is not getting the most fish, or getting the biggest fish, but going out and meeting everyone from the Annandale area, and having a great time on the lake.

Myself, along with Rockman will be at the landing earlier to meet and talk about where we are going to meet at 11:30. If you any questions, or are interested in coming, please shoot myself a email.

Hope to see you all there!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bassNspear

• Patti

• reelemin

• hydro

The main landing by the Bay Club? If so, lets go for burgers afterwards. grin

I might be interested in that. i will have to check the calender first though.

we are going to meet by the bay clud, that is correct. The landing on the west side of the lake.

I'll try to be there. Probably have room for a net man if someone needed a guide.

To clarify the date of the event for everyone,it will be on Sunday, during the last weekend in July.

100 degree heat? Are we gonna catch anything? J/K. Someone will. Don't know if I can make it or not... I'll see.

I will be there if it's not 100 degrees in the shade, I loved fishing the lake for the first time ever on bass opener and did pretty good on the pike and bass too. There is just something about fishing that lake that kinda gives ya the up nort feeling the day we were out there I only fished about half the lake

Will this also include Augusta too???

its not going to be that hot, i hope. It will be a great time of the year to get out, hand out and have a great time together.

This sounds like a great idea! I put it on my calendar.

Just out of curiosity let's keep a tally of how many people plan on being there. Also, if it's a nice day the point in the middle of the lake is a good place to gather. Just anchor and you can walk around and socialize.

Hydro

ya, please shoot me a email if you wanta come, and ill keep a list together.

Just bought ourselves a seasonal place on the lake, I should be there.

thats awesome! I think were going to get alot of people to come and hang out. Should be a great time

• 3 weeks later...

Nice idea, I've only recently gotten into fishing and so far have had a tough time on Clearwater lake, better luck on Sugar/Pleasant so this will be nice. I'll try to bring my neighbor (tjoutdoors) as well, assume he'd be interested.

I just tried to email you bassnspear but

my email got kicked back so I'm posting this instead.

I'm new to this web site and I found the posting

about the Annandale Area Forum Get Together.

Can anyone attend? Or is there a special "Annandale Club".

Up until now my dad has been my only fishing buddy but

now that have my own boat, I'm trying to make new fishing buddies and learn some new things (techniques and lakes)

In fact, I still have to learn how to maneuver the boat.

Thanks for any info you can pass along.

Patti

[email protected]

Anyone can attend. That is what this is all about, getting out and meeting everyone from the site.

Also, Welcome to FM!!!!

I drive by every day coming back on hwy 55 from the cities.. never fished the area and would love to get up there if theres room!

I'll step in right here to reply that all are welcome to this event.There will be plenty of room. Clearwater Lake is not lacking for acres of water available to fish and recreate, and with two accesses available to launch boats, we should be in good shape.BassNSpear can answer more of the details if you have any more questions, but feel free to post here,or shoot either one of us an email.My email is [email protected] an email to BNS, to get yourself on the list of those who are coming.Hope to see you there.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I haven't fished Clearwater for several years. If I can work it out in my schedule I'll be there.

That would be awesome borch.

Like rockman said, shoot me a email if you would like to attend. Remember, its all about fun. If you dont have a boat, we will get you in a boat with someone. Its all about having fun and learing stuff on the day.

Hope you all can make it.

Again, if you wanta get in, please shoot me a email. I lost my emails, so if you have shot me a email, please do it again, my account is back up and running.

Thanks all.

I am planning on being there and bringing a friend. We both grew up fishing Clearwater and have a whole lot of history between us. My family ran the Narrows resort from 1969 to 1999 and I had a lot of great experiences there. It should be interesting telling some stories and sharing some area history.

John Hoppe (hydro)

Steve Monson

We'll be in a white and red Coral Fish-n Ski (that's my old boat in the avatar, my new one's not very fast)

shoot me a email please so i can add you to da list. Thanks.

I will get a updated list tonight of everyone that i have recieved a email from.

For those that dont have a boat, please let everyone know, so we can get you out on the water with us for the day of excitment.

Hi All,

I've given bassandspear my name but not 100% yet.

If anyone needs a seat and or wants to help me learn how

to handle my boat I have a '60 14ft crestliner with a '63 18hp johnson so I would be able take up to 2 more. Of course, depending on the size of the lake and the wind it may not be able to go out at all.

Patti

That would be great to have you on thew ater with us that day patti.

Patti,

Don't worry about your boat on Clearwater. I spent many years out there fishing out of exactly that size boat and there is always somewhere to get out of the wind and waves.

Look me up at the landing in the morning and I'll give you some ideas of where to start fishing and where the shallow areas are to be careful of.

By the way, does the FM website have any chatrooms associated with it? If there is, I haven't been able to find it yet.

Patti

there is not chat rooms. Just boards.

Anyone else interested in coming to hang out on for a day?