• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2008 Annandale Area Get Together---July 27th Updated Please Read

I will try to make it also. I am on Augusta and should be around this week end! Meeting at the landing on Clearwater at 7:00 (before)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bassNspear

• Patti

• reelemin

• hydro

Its all good. Im excited for the day to enjoy it out on the water with a few of the FM. Cya all at the landing.

Still have that open seat, ill know forusre on saturday if my bro is not coming.

Ok all...Still not sure if I'm coming up Sat., or Sun. really, really early. Still not sure if my friend can come. The only thing I am sure of is that I'm coming and so is my boat. Whether we need my boat is another story.

Tami - if my friend doesn't end up going, we might be able to car pool. I live in Hopkins and my boat lives in Richfield. Either way it would be great to meet someone before the Aug.15 GTG.

Patti

Patti - I'm also not sure of my schedule or if my fishing partner is going to make it or not. So lets just meet up there. It'll be nice to meet you also.

don't know if I missed this earlier in this thread but -

what will we be primarly fishing for and what bait to use ?

BNS-My knee is still screwed up.I might not be able to take my boat out.I could maybe take your open seat,if it's available.I will give you a shout, and keep you posted.I plan to attend, but stay tuned,depends on how my bad 'wheel' feels.

don't know if I missed this earlier in this thread but -

what will we be primarly fishing for and what bait to use ?

I've fished Clearwater for the last 18 years and used to live on the lake. I've found the easiest thing to catch out there are bass. The "bait" of choice for me when I decide to catch some bass is a Gulp or Powerbait crawler rigged weedless on a two-hook harness with two or three tiny split shots about 30" up. Real crawlers work better but the sunnies tear 'em up. Had good luck with natural color, but always try dark green, too. Cast into the 8-10 weeds(milfoil) and slowly drag and pop it thru to the 12-13' edges. Don't be too surprised to catch a walleye or northern doing this. For northerns, I anchor in about 8-10 fow, with the wind at my back, and slip-boober a sucker minnow over the typical sharp drop offs(typical bottom of first breaklines is about 20 ft) so the bait hangs down 11-12 ft just outside the typical weedline. For sunfish, I use a 1/16 oz white/pink flu flu, fan-casting the 8-12 weeds. They like to follow a fast retrieve and usually hit it at a short pause/drop. Walleyes this time of year are a litle harder to find, and don't be afraid to look at 30-40 fow. Jigging/rigging/trolling live bait. About time for brunch, try deep-trolling cranks. Crappies usually bite best later in the afternoon. I like to jig small crappie minnows just on the weed edges. Boat control is critical, and often a challenge on Clearwater. Bring polarized glasses as you will need to sight fish the weeds(edges/pockets). Sorry if this was too much info smile Hope to make it there myself, but with my two little boys to keep my wife and I busy it's hard to commit to anything. Probability meter at 80%. Good luck to all either way. Forecast says beautiful and 79.

Steve

Steve awesome info - thanks grin

the berkley curly worm on # 2, rigged texas style is my favorite way to fish bass. Can't wait to give it a try. Hope you can make it, it'll be fun putting names and faces together.

awesome information. Its going to be a great day out on the water. Im pretty excited to get out there adn enjoy the day

I'll certainly listen. I'm not used to being on a lake where it seems like anywhere you got one side of the boat is in 3 feet of water and the other is in 15 or 20. And the entire lake seems to be like that. Just don't know where to start fishing for much of anything but tiny sunfish in the shallow areas.

A great answer is to take the channel into Augusta!

Just trying to be funny... Clearwater offers good areas out of the wind but watch those depth changes! It has a repuatation for wrecking lower units.

Yeah, the sandbar between the point and the island on the north side of the narrows is all of 2' deep on a good day. It can cause issues if you don't know it.

Ps. I took the boat in my avatar over it many times at WOT, 75+ MPH wink

I just wanted to pass the few words to everyone. First off, I do have a open seat for the day. My brother cant make it, so anyone is welcome to come along and go fishing. I will be fishing bass.

Also, I will have to leave around 11:30, due to the fact that i have stuff that has came up that I have to get home for. We won our Baseball game tonight, so we have game 3 on sunday, and that starts at 2, so I cant miss that. Might have to change the time that we are going to meet, but we can talk about that at the landing.

I am going to be there around 6:00-6:15. Going to take off no later then 7 am. If everyone is early, great, if not, thats ok. We are going to meet at the island on Clearwater for those that might come late. We are going to meet there at 10:45, instead of 11:30. Sorry for the change, this is why im posting this now so everyone will see it in time. If anyone has any questions or anything please shoot me a email.

Again, ill be there around 6:00-6:15(green triton bass boat) and we will fish till 10:30, then if yall want, go fishing more, i just have to cut out by 11:30

Cya all then.

I'm still coming out - looks like no guest. Still bringing my boat. (For a picture of my boat, go to http://profiles.aim.com/Crickett721). I'll either have an empty seat(actually the captains seat) or I'll hopefully be able to be in someone else's boat. Not ready to be in my boat alone. Still don't know how to really maneuver it all that well. Heck, worst case scenario I'll find a shore spot.

If anyone has any questions or anything please shoot me a email.

I tried to email you, But I haven't got a response yet

I'm headed out there today. If anyone wants to fish tonight I'll be out there about 4 ish.

I'll be in my green kayak.

looks like we are going to have a great day out on the water tommorrow. I still have a open seat in the boat if someone is looking to fish with me. I believe rockman might fish with me as well.

Cya all in the morning.

BNS,I sent you a reply. Sorry,folks,I got a virus/bug that hit me yesterday. sick So,I am going to have to punt.Have fun,everyone,it's a great lake to fish.Catch ya'll at the next GTG.

Yeah, the sandbar between the point and the island on the north side of the narrows is all of 2' deep on a good day. It can cause issues if you don't know it.

Ps. I took the boat in my avatar over it many times at WOT, 75+ MPH wink

Even that is generous. We were out the other day and seen pontoons "anchored" over there. They had their dog out, and he was able to walk in the water with ease.

Anyone know what time BJ's is open on Sunday?

See you tomorrow,

Josh

i have a seat open in the boat for tommorrow. I will check back at 11 pm tonight.

Josh - I called and asked about tomorrow.

Unless he didn't know what day it was it should

be open.

BNS - I may have to take you up on your open seat.

I am bringing my own boat...but unless someone wants

to captain it, the boat will stay on dry land.

i have recieved a few emails patti. If the guys dont show up, im all for a partner.

Jason,

I want to second the thank you for organizing this outing. We had a great time in our boat and it was nice to meet some of the people who post here. All told, Brent, Wes and I stayed out on the water for 10 hours and caught northern pike, bass, crappies, sunfish, and rock bass.

Patti, I want to compliment you again on that boat of yours. What a classic! Right down to the original paint and pinstriping on the seats. Get it out on the water and learn to use it, have fun with it, and take good care of it!

Thanks guys! I had a great time. It was fun meeting all of you. A special thanks to Chris and Jeff for putting up with me all day since I don't even know how to operate my own boat blush. I had never been "bass fishing" (only caught them on accident). Learned about different lures for different water depths, how to tie a new knot, learned that when using weedless bass lures, "weedless" doesn't apply to the reeds....lol.

I'm really glad I decided not to listen to those people who thought I was nuts to drive over an hour to fish with a bunch of people I had never met.

By the way, Josh? were you fishing with Jason(bassnspear)? If so, I'm glad you had a fun time since I heard you were "under the weather."

Patti