• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

sign at SYLVIA access

grin well said CANDIRU !!!! please people dont take this the wrong way but there are members of the GLSA who would like nothing more than to keep you off their lake . and there are some members who are totally the oppisite. I could go into long speal about this but I wont (the old timers and a select few locals know exactly what I'm talking about) smirk My main objective here is that these special regs being voted on are in the best intrest of the lake as a fishery and not just to keep the common folk off the rich people's lake...

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• noodlerod

• bassNspear

• mike morris

• fishgutz77

That may be so with one group,or another, trying to influence the process.Ultimately the DNR has the final say on special regulations,regardless of the lake,or any specific lakeshoreowner association. What's the point of having the meeting on Sept. 13 if the decision has already been made by the DNR with GLSA influence? It would be best to hold off on judgement of any group until the DNR reaches consensus on the issue.Go to the Sept. 13th meeting, and give your say.See what happens afterwards,and then give your spiel.I am not defending GLSA, the DNR, or the angling public.Let the process take it's course.Just keep the 'discussion' in this thread civil.

rockman, I think yer wrong about the DNR having the finale say ! Is that not why we are going to this meeting to vote on the issue or am I understanding this all wrong . I hope it is not already decided by the DNR and GLSA , if so is that not communism ???? maybe I'm bias on the issue of the GLSA , being how I was braught up with my grandpa and his friends , dad and his friends and my friends all feeling pretty much the same about the GLSA and thier issuses. and I dont think you would let me go into my spiel about it without an editor LOL. thats why I am keeping it civil !! arent I?????

I think yer wrong about the DNR having the finale say !

I got news for you,bud, but the DNR being the state agency that is having this public input meeting does have the final say on whether or not the reg. is on the books.You can try to argue the point all day and night, that isn't going to change.Communism? Not likely. Anglers voting on the issue to decide the regs.- that's a new one to me.Go over to the Mississippi River North forum, and read the thread on the proposed regulation(s) change to the Mississippi River.Another FM registered user started the thread,and happens to work for the DNR.The meeting for the proposed river reg. changes is referred to as a public input meeting, as well as an informational meeting to all anglers/general public that attend. Nothing mentioned about anglers voting on the reg. changes at that meeting.Believe what you want to, there will be no voting on Sept 13th.Sorry, that is the way it is.

we can say all we want here on the fourms, the fact of the matter is, if you want to do something about it, and make your point clear, go and vote on the 13th, and make your presents felt. Everyone is titled to there own opinion!

your right it doesnt say anything about voting , but if thats true then PAUL DITTRICT outright lied to me on the phone a couple months ago when i was told there would be a vote species by species on the proposed special regs. it just burns my arss to think this is all said and done already when we were told there would be a vote on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The DNR may take a yea, or nay 'vote' at the meeting to see where folks stand regarding the changes.It is more or less an input measure by them to weigh the situation so they can evaluate their decision.I do not work for the DNR, and I may be totally wrong on this.If I get called out by a DNR employee ,another FM moderator, or prostaffer,because I am wrong, then I stand corrected.However,as of now,my understanding is this is a informational-public input meeting.

Here's the deal guys.... The proposals for regulation changes are complex. We all know that they influence our lives, weather we are a property owner on a lake or river , an angler or the biologist proposing the regulation, or even the CO that has to enforce the regulation.

The process basically has a couple of ways that it gets started. 1. A biologist monitors the population and sees a notable change or shift and feels that a biological solution of using regulations can be effective. 2. Lake association supported decisions. This is a more recent scenario where lake associations have either come to the DNR or worked closely with the DNR to propose changes that would be beneficial to the given population.

In all cases the public input meetings are just that, chances for the public to voice, write, and talk with the biologist at hand about the individual regulation. If there is significant support one way or another for a given regulation most times it will go in that direction. There are times when the biology and even more rare the sociology, may prevent a change from happening, or may make a change happen. But there needs to be strong cases to overturn the public sentiment. The problem lies with the fact that in very many cases there can be the "squeaky wheels" that actually attend the meetings rather than the everyday public. So do your part and get to the meetings!!!

In either case the public input is taken into account and used to make the decisions.

fellow fishermen and women who fish SYLVIA and know what needs to be done ( with your experiance and the DNR survey lets do whats best for the lake ) come and vote if you can make it !!! THANKX NOODLEROD p.s. I'll be periodicly reminding everyone untill the day of the meeting!!!!

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

Why is the water patrol so AWAL on this lake?

We did catch some nice northerns up to 28" and some really nice bass all on lead core and down riggers. No eyes today though to many pleasure boats. Lots of people out there that are very inexperience boaters do not know right of way and bouy meanings.

I live on a small lake in Wright county and don't even fish it on the week ends it's so busy and I pay 4400.00 dollars a year in property taxes. These people on Sylvia paying big bucks for the huge homes feel like they can team with the DNR to get some regs pushed through that may or may not help the lake, let 'em.

Most of these people don't fish anyway from what I've seen and if you fish it at night you know exaclty what I mean.

I can't wait to reep the benies of what ever regs they come up with. they should think about stocking more ciscos in the lake so that the fish they save actully have something to eat.

I'm not going to fool my self into thinking that my presence will make any difference so I'll be up north on the gitch fishing lakers. Wish they would put those in there.

they already have an agenda and the meeting is a formality.

don't get to shook this is just opinion. good luck everyone

Well said fishgutz77 I believe you hit the nail square on the head !!!! sorry to hear you cant make the meeting , but good luck and have fun with the lakers!!!! noodlerod

I was on the lake today and what they should be regulating is the number of idiots that can't pull tubers safely.

Lots of people out there that are very inexperience boaters do not know right of way and bouy meanings.

I live on a small lake in Wright county and don't even fish it on the week ends it's so busy and I pay 4400.00 dollars a year in property taxes. These people on Sylvia paying big bucks for the huge homes feel like they can team with the DNR to get some regs pushed through that may or may not help the lake, let 'em.

Most of these people don't fish anyway from what I've seen and if you fish it at night you know exaclty what I mean.

I can't wait to reep the benies of what ever regs they come up with. they should think about stocking more ciscos in the lake so that the fish they save actully have something to eat.

they already have an agenda and the meeting is a formality.

THIS IS GOSPEL IN MY OPINION !!!!!

I was on the lake today and what they should be regulating is the number of idiots that can't pull tubers safely.

Instead of complaining about it here, maybe a call to the Wright County Sheriff's recreation enforcement division is in order? Or may be use TIP if there are real flagrant watercraft violation(s) being comitted out there? Yes,I know, everyone has a right to an opinion about topic of this thread(ahem!), but lakeshore owners have a right to pleasure cruise, or boat in a safe manner, on the water they live on. Didn't you post that you live on a lake? Hmmmm...

please keep it in line here everyone. There is nothing wrong with saying whats on your mind, but please keep it civil.

Rock, there's a big difference between an observation and a complaint. And as I stated I don't use the lake I live on during the weekend the reasons are obvious.

PLEASE COME AND VOTE !!!!!!!! SAT SEPT 13 11:00 - 1:00 SOUTHSIDE TOWN HALL. THANX

i will not be able to make it there. I have a fishing tournament that day.

grinIf you cant make it call and voice your opinion at (763)675-3301 DNR fisheries montrose ( paul dittrich )

thanks for the heads up.

I fished it all this weekend, and did ok. Caught a ton of fish, just nothing big at all. All 11-13 inchers all day long. Bass that is

thanks for the heads up noodle, I have the Muskie International that weekend. I will call.

BassNspear, I tagged several big bass 18-20" on leadcore all over the lake. minnow style baits at about 30 ft down all over the lake. Other larger fish coming 24-28 down on deep weeds with 10" power worms. best color was green with purple fleck.

thanks for the information. Maybe i just wasnt using big enough baits. There is big fish out there, dont get me wrong, just sometimes hard to find them.

Thanks for the information, ever wanta go out shoot me a email.

you really hit on something there fishgutz ! I just hate to give up any secrets but IMO you have to fish DEEP on sylvia to get the bigger fish !!!!! whistle

Bass N Spear, we gotta get out sometime. I'll send you and email this week and see how things shake out.

In August I always go deep for those big Wide-Glides.

Noodle, If you have a lead core rod set up, you can use just about any minnow bait out there and the big one will tag it.

they show up plain as day on the graph, they are the short fat archs on the screen usually 28-30' down.

See ya on the lake.

dude, let me know what works out for you. The next few weekends im booked up, ill be at the cabin, but up wiht a few friends.

Let me know what works for you after the 23rd, and we will get out forsure.