• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

A Post to all ANONYMOUS Users

riverrat56

I was just looking at the top left of every page, right now there are 410 registered users and 1569 anonymous users, c'mon guys, there is a wealth of knowledge here already, but with everyone who reads this site getting registered and posting, we could all benetfit more and learn from everyone else.

I second that thought riverrat...

I also am currious why people refuse to post their location...

SD

the anonymous can be those that are registered but just not signed on though right?

I would assume so, but how often do you browse with out being signed in? I'm sure some do more than others, but I never have.

Invisible would imply they are online but do not want people to know they are online, therefore left out of the "Who's Online" list.

Anyone can choose to be Invisible.... it just doesn't let others know you are on.

So does that mean that the boss can't figure out that you're screwing around?

I am an anonymous user at work sometimes because I don't want to get the hook. There I'm out of the boat and onto dry land again. Like to keep up to date but don't want to get the ax.

Tunrevir`

I can not login from my phone but I read the boards on it all of the time. I wish that I had more posts but I really don't have much info or many questions because I'm too stuborn to do any thing other than throw the anchor and pitch a jig in 18 ft of water. Seems like I am just stuck in this rut All of these great tips and advice are wonderful.

It says "IM NEW" but I have some experience to share.........I'm with Sandmannd....register

I agree sandmannd...I registered last year and have really enjoyed the site and forums and such... i have learned a ton of things i didnt know before!

I personaly haven't come up with a question that can not be answered. I believe the more people that register the more usefull this site becomes. Like remember that one time you could not get you trailer lites to work then you figured it out? Someone else may have the same problem and could benifit from your experience.

Go ahead and sign-up. I don't have many posts, but now and then I have something to say.

There are a lot of people that are browsing anonymous but are registered users and make posts. Happens to me quite often, especially during business hours there are many people browsing at work but dont sign in because of it. And if you sign in at work, then when you go to the site at home you will have to sign in again, the site only remembers you on the last computer you visited from.

There are many who dont post, its fine but I would like to engourage all to participate, come up with some good questions, or just give a good report. Im just saying the numbers that the site lists are a little misleading, I would guess around half of the anonymous users are registered just not signed in while browsing.

great post. funny though, dont want to get busted at work? how would they know? if your online your on not. for me for some reason i can log off at home but work computer ( the one i am on now) i cant deem to log off. i DONT CARE who sees me on line. keep up the good posts everyome!

It's typical on any large site for there to be only 20-30% of all online users to be registered and logged in. It's even true on other sites where the important information is in forums hidden to guests. It's just a quirk of the internet.

Originally Posted By: FishinChad
And if you sign in at work, then when you go to the site at home you will have to sign in again, the site only remembers you on the last computer you visited from.

I stay logged in on both my PC at work and at home. I just close the site when I'm done on each computer. If you put the check in "remember me" then you shouldn't have to login but that one time.

That is what I do Sandman, I click remember me and I can just click on the site (either at home or at work) and I am already logged in.

I hate to say it, but many employers don't care if you are signed on or not, it has to do with the fact that you are online doing non work related searching. That is all tracked by the site addresses you enter or go to. Some look for sites that are hit a certain number of times like at my office. At a company meeting they posted the top 50 sites employees hit during the work day. Pottery Barn, target, ...#34 Cabela's....Wait, that might be me. Luckly it was a joke and our office doesn't care because I am in an industry where you could have 18 hours of work one day and 2 hours the next. As long as you get your work done we can surf all we want.

I log in only when I have something to say. I check many sites throughout the day and sometimes I just check in to follow a thread on HSO and don't log in. I post everyday, but 95 percent of the time I'm not logged in unless I am posting.

My computer is on all day and I walk by it often and refresh but even though this HSO site is on the screen all day I am very rarely sitting at the computer.

I do have one question. I notice that when I stay logged on all day cookies spread. If I get an email with a picture and I continue to hit the forward key on the pic I get adds from sponsors of this site in little tiny pictures. What's up with that?

Step 1: Run CCleaner (free PC cleanup tool)

Step 2: Stop using Internet Explorer and start using Firefox

Step 3: Set Firefox to clear all cookies upon closing the browser

Step 4: Install Firefox's ad-block plus extension

Step 5: Enjoy the internet again.

If you do that remember me will never work but just save the password field and it's one click to log-in.

Also those IT folks looking over your shoulder won't care about logged in or not, they are looking for certain flags (streaming video, images from forbidden domains, excessive bandwidth use, etc.)

This is a good post. It's been only recently that I have started to consistently (religiously?)check the forum's with open water season just around the bend. I gotta say it's enjoyable getting in on the action and sharing/discussing tactics and just general knowledge amongst a super supportive group of like-minded individuals. I frequent numerous other forums to satisfy my hobbies and have been blown away by the support around this forum...ton's of great people and information to be had for all!

I think someone said ti already - but I'm like many who, when browsing the site, just go there and read without logging in. It's another step that gets in the way of getting my fix. There's lots of people like me. I only log in if I get the urge to make a post. And because I flush my browser cache all the time and never trust any "remember me" cookie features... oh well. And you know, by virtue of being "anonymous", we'll never really know how many of those thousands are actually registered users who just didn't log in. Oh well. God bless America and its freedoms!

Some of us will remember a couple FM forum versions back when there was no persistent "logged in" feature, the only time you typed your username and password was each time you wanted to post. Some of us still act that way! \:\)

Long time reader, first-time posting. This post encouraged me to join and hopefully be more active. Thanks

Welcome to the addiction Trout Troller. Good to have you with us and I look forward to info you have to offer.

Originally Posted By: Sandmannd
Welcome to the addiction Trout Troller. Good to have you with us and I look forward to info you have to offer.

It is definitely an addiction \:D