• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Lake of the Woods Fishing Reports & Info

3 guys fished from 10 -4 sorted thru them a little bit, kept 24 mostly saugers, by pine island 28 fow, warm today, 40-45°, 11-12 1/2 " ice

Fished out of Adrians on Saturday for 3.5 hours with a friend catching over 20 walleye, sauger and a bonus pout. Fishing was good and the weather was great!

We fished at Morris point today, got our limit but it took til 4pm for two of us. Quite a bit slower than the past two times out. We went deeper this time, 27 FOW instead of 24. Maybe we went too deep or it just slowed down in general. It was hot from sun up til about 10:30 am then really slow, maybe 2 fish an hour from then on. The hot 3pm to dark bite seemed to have gone away as well, it picked up at about 3 but wasn't nearly as good as the past couple weeks. We knew a group of 3 people that fished 25 FOW and the had basically the same exact report as us. pink/white/gold jigs were the hot color for us today, when fishing slowed down a lindy rattlin' flyer seemed to interest some bites. Had a nice size fish tangle my lines together and I lost it, I'm going to just pretend it was a burbot and not get too depressed about it smile

Less snow, just some drifts that are rock hard now from the warm/cold the last 24hrs. It was pretty dangerous trying to walk yesterday afternoon without ice cleats.

Just received a report from Morris Point. The bite has slowed down since the weekend. Two guys report catching only 6 this morning keeping only 3.

Wasn't slow Monday. Very good from when we started at 8:15, to noon. With 3 kids & a wife in the fish house who don't fish much, and another guy who has a bad back, we left at 3 & missed the best bite of the day. A conservative estimate would say at least 50 fish were got off on the way up! We kept 34 for 6 of us so had plenty to fillet and eat. There were 31 saugers - a couple small ones but the rest 13-16".

Just received a report from Morris Point. The bite has slowed down since the weekend. Two guys report catching only 6 this morning keeping only 3.

I had two friends head up today and kept 10, we got our limit Monday by 4pm so it seems to be slowing down each day. The two previous times out before that we didn't even start fishing until 12 and 10:30 and filled out both times easily.

Heading to Morris tomorrow morning. How deep are people fishing? Plan on starting at sun up and quitting around 2:00. Any opinions on starting shallow vs. heading out deep right away? By shallow I am guessing around 20' and by deep I am guessing around 25-27'. Haven't fished Morris much but can't access my usual area near Warroad. Any help would be much appreciated.

We went out of Sweet's Fishing the weekend of Dec 16-18. The 2 man sleeper we stayed in was set in about 22 feet of water. We decided to do the late night drive to arrive up in Baudette at sun up. As soon as we got a line down the hole in the AM the bite was on! Lots of eater walleyes and sauger were caught, with a few slot fish in the mix too. The bite slowed a bit in the afternoon hours and then picked up around 3:30-4 and lasted about an hour after dark. We caught one 22 inch while preparing fish at like 7:30pm! Also caught a few fatty pout in the evening hours. The next two days were much of the same with a hot morning/evening bite with a slower afternoon. We were using pink glow macho minnows and gold lindy rattlin' flyer! All in all a great first trip up to LOW this winter with another one planned for Jan 13-19, can't wait!

Went up yesterday did pretty good probably caught a hundred fish between my brother, my fiance' and I. Couple really nice walleyes 20", 19.5", 24", and a 22". We were off Morris Point, good ice, only sleds, and wheelers driving out there besides the resorts driving their little suzuki's. Got out at about 5:30am, fished til 4ish limited out.

If you rent a house from the resorts will they pull you out on wheelers or get u out somehow if they aren't letting vehicles out?

YES. Most have suzuki rigs and trailers to get you to your house and back.

Bringing the girls up this weekend never fished this side of the lake but it sounds like people having been doing good. Where does a guy start? How far out are you going? Coming up Thursday night so need to plan a time to leave the cabin in the morning. Thanks for the help guys

Did very well off of pine in about 25' of water on Monday. 4 of us limited and threw a bunch back in a half day of fishing. No slots but a coupld of nice walleyes and several real nice saugers too.

FYI, I just got off the phone with the folks at Adrian's and they told me the road will not open tomorrow as was previously posted on their site. They are checking it today and depending what they find they might open it Friday or Saturday. I'll be calling back later today or tomorrow morning and will report what I find out.

Thanks for the update. Will the road be open to SUVs? We are heading up there Saturday and are trying to figure out what the heck we are going to do if we can't drive out.

I brought the wife and kids up to fish LOW out of Baudette. Kids are 3, 6, 8, 10 so keep that in mind. We fished about 2.5 miles off Pine Island in 27 fow, in a resort house. 12/26 we fished from 1:30 - 4:30 and kept 20 fish all over 13" and threw back 10, missed as many as we caught. Had 2 slot fish, and my 6 year old daughter got her personal best at 25" all by herself. 12/27 we fished from 11:00 - 4:00 (they are not early fisher people). We kept another 20 and the last two hours we threw back everything we caught as we had enough fish for a dinner that night and then to bring back home. We caught about 70 - 80 fish and missed a bunch too. There we very few slow periods, but some periods were faster than others. We drove out in a mini van and were on 12" of ice. They were not letting large trucks out, but the resorts were out in the plow trucks. 40+ degrees on 12/26 but making ice all day on 12/27. It was a blast with the kids out there. I only iced a couple as I had to tend to lines, but it was fun watching them catch all the fish they did.

Does anybody know if you can use a snowmobile out on the lake right now? Is there any snow on the lake at all? any patches? I've been up last year when there was hardly any snow and it was tough but doable with the snowmobiles if you drove them right. I'm looking to come up this weekend and I saw there is a chance of snow on Sat/Sun so if we got a dusting, I could definitely make the sleds work. I am just curious if anyone has been seeing sleds on the lake of is it just four wheelers?

I saw some sleds out there on Monday, it looks like there would be enough patches of snow to drive in to keep from wrecking your hi-fax. A lot of that snow is probably hard as rock now though after the rain and refreeze.

I think a majority of the resorts that provide sleepers have them out from what I've personally seen.

My buddy is scheduled to use a Borderview sleeper house starting on Friday.

Just got back today and there are sleds going around the lake. Not a ton of snow out there but seemed like enough to keep the sleds cool.

Cool luck fishing is good.

Did not see Borderviews sleepers but did see several other resorts sleepers out.

Fishing report for us. Fished M-W. Fished from 20 feet out to about 28 feet. Did not seem to matter much what depth. Morning bite seemed better to me deeper and evening shallower. Really like those 14+ saugers. Boy are there a lot of those:^) Caught a few slot fish as well up to 24 inches. When fish are there they are hitting hard. Not messing with it much. Fishing was slower on Tuesday with the cold front but we still caught fish. Great trip once again. One more thing we seemed to have best luck on dead sticks. Not sure why but I would say 4-5 times as many fish on deadsticks.

Still no full size trucks. Lots of cars, small suvs, wheelers and sleds.

Good luck and be safe.

I was up there Monday & Tuesday with snowmobiles and it was just fine. Lot easier to pull though if you have studs. Hard to turn around in a circle. My carbides are pretty bad, so I would stand on the right ski and turn left and it would grab pretty good then.

4 of us fished out of Lyons Sleepers Mon am through Wed Morning. I say we ended up with approx 100 wallyes/sager although nothing of major size. Biggest was 19 and alot of 7-10 inchers. Monday was steady, Tues was slow after the front moved in and wed morning was hot until we had to leave. Deadsticks outproduced jigging 3 to 1. We had great fish fry Mon night and left with limits so no complaints.

Our first time with Lyons. Probably expected a little more service for the money but overall we were pleased with Tim and his crew who run a good operation.