• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Lake of the Woods Fishing Reports & Info

Just got back from a three day trip. Sunday, fished out of Adrian's at the end of the road in 36'. Three people, seven bucket walleyes 14"-17", a few smaller ones and a 20.5". Plenty of saugers, probably about 30 fish caught for the day, not spectacular but steady. Monday, fished five mile out of Warroad with a larger group. A slower bite but each house managed a few decent fish for a meal. Tuesday the three of us went back to Adrian's. They had opened up the road another few miles from two days prior. We fished a mile further north than we had on Sunday, about 11 miles out in about 36'. The bite was CRAZY! We lost count but about 100 fish were caught. Mostly all nice saugers, 13"-15" with a few walleyes mixed in. From 10:30-12:00 the bottom two feet on the Vexilar was solid red. Drop your line, catch a fish and repeat! Although the bite was fierce, they were partial to anything pink that glowed.

Just got back from a three day trip. Sunday, fished out of Adrian's at the end of the road in 36'. Three people, seven bucket walleyes 14"-17", a few smaller ones and a 20.5". Plenty of saugers, probably about 30 fish caught for the day, not spectacular but steady. Monday, fished five mile out of Warroad with a larger group. A slower bite but each house managed a few decent fish for a meal. Tuesday the three of us went back to Adrian's. They had opened up the road another few miles from two days prior. We fished a mile further north than we had on Sunday, about 11 miles out in about 36'. The bite was CRAZY! We lost count but about 100 fish were caught. Mostly all nice saugers, 13"-15" with a few walleyes mixed in. From 10:30-12:00 the bottom two feet on the Vexilar was solid red. Drop your line, catch a fish and repeat! Although the bite was fierce, they were partial to anything pink that glowed.

LaV,

Great report! We are leaving tomorrow night after work and were going to fish out of Zip but plans have changed based on the fact that they are only out to 28' with thier roads. Sounds like you had a blast! I hope we can run into fishing like you did! Either way it's better than working.

Fished the end of Adrians on 12/12 not knowing some posted fish the end of Adrians on this site the night before. Set up at first light picked up a 19 1/2 which I released right away and a few Saugers thought it was going to be a decent fishing day. Next thing I know here comes all these portables and I felt like the hup on a wagon wheel. I was surrounded by portables I couldn't beleive my eyes. My son called and said someone posted fish the end of the road at Adrians. This just tells me how many people are reading these post. I always try to get off by myself and fish or at least 100' feet from other fisherman. LOW is a huge lake there is no need to fish on top of each other. When I see people setting up next to the day houses with there portables I just shake my head. Or on the plowed roads next to them and drill there holes on the road it irks me. These outfits are trying to make a living and work real hard trying to please there customers. Please Guys start thinking and be just a bit more respectful to your fellow fisherman. Needless to say I moved being the first one out there that day and did alright.

It's a lot of work for you old guys to pack up and move ain't it? 2c

I think the fact that it was the end of the road was the primary reason folks gathered around you. That and they followed your tracks! Everyone else probably woke up at a reasonable hour and had a leisurely breakfast. How was fishing yesterday? grin

I did ok went over to the East like usual and I caught some nice Eye's. Wierd trip caught 7 Tullies this time and 1 pout. Biggest Eye was 19 1/2 released. Did manage nice limit for myself. Other guys were struggling with the Eye's but caught lots of Saugers. Had to do a lot of changing of lures till I found what they wanted this time. Lot's of lookers and lots of teasing them to bite as well. I would post what I finially used but the stores would probably sell out by noon, lol. I'm getting to the point where as to say nothing on this site or it will bite someone in the but, lol.

Went out of babler's road yeasterday. The three of us manage to catch our limit of walleyes 15 to 19 inches in 23 feet of water. Some of the walleyes suspended 5 or 6 feet up the water column. The fish were spiting up ciscos. Didn't catch much saugers.

Got the second trip of the year scheduled..(I am planning 3-4)

heading up late night Jan 21st to catch the early bite Sat morning. Gonna be me and my dad.

Should be awesome. I havent used the portable on LOTW for years. I cant wait.

Hopefully I can post a better fishing report than my last one..

Dry_Fly,

I am 100% on board with your thoughts. It is sad how some people lose a little common sense / decency when it comes to enjoying our sport. There are few people who will actually get my "REAL" fishing reports anymore... sad.. Particulary when it comes to LOTW. This lake is HUGE, there is no need to rub elbows.

The fishing is better with good numbers of fish being caught. They are getting more saugers than walleye with most of the fish being caught on the bottom. People are not getting as many suspended walleyes but they are still getting some. The reason for this is those suspended walleye have moved up and people are not trying to catch them. 5 feet below the ice in 35 to 36 feet of water is a good starting depth to try to catch these fish. We have moved our houses out to 8.8 to 9.7 miles from pine island. The end of the road is about 10 1/2 miles out from pine island. Remember to watch your vexilars for those high fish that most people think is interference. Good luck fishing.

Brian from Adrians

Thanks BRIAN - NOW THATS what I wanna see. FM is a great tool for guides & resorts. Hope to hear some more Brian. thanks.

This is the post I like to see - 5ft-----crazY!

My buddy had those ice hugging fish dialed in on our last trip. After starting out fishing the bottom, he eventually was setting both his baits right under the ice. Wound up popping 10 nice walleye in about an hour. We told a couple groups in the cleaning shack what he was up to and they looked at us like we was hitting the bottle. grin

I noticed the same thing last weekend, lots of fish coming in suspended, ended up jigging in the upper water column with real good results, best part is these fish up high are very agressive, and every one was a keeper!!

This site has sure changed since I was last on it. Any Long Point reports to be had? How are the access roads?

They are my preferred bait on the big lake, but make sure you are using emeralds if you are fishing eyes. You can use frozen or live both will produce fish.

koko, talk to Deanna at zippel resort she will let you know the latest hot tips didn't make it up this weekend but will next for sure good luck to all

Just got back from Adrians Resort.Went out over Pine Island about9.7 miles, 34ft. Got our three limits by 2pm on Friday. Sat. we didnt do as good but we asked for the same house but it slowed down a bit.The house next to us had the fish under them. They did very well that day. Pink Charmer and Pink Glow Stop Sign were the hot jigs. Not as many fish way up as two weeks ago, but we did get a few. All in all it was a great trip again.No big hogs , but lots of nice fish.Best times were around 9:30 to 11 AM & 2pm to around 4.

Comin to low for 1st time ever in feb., anyone suggest a NICE sleeper outfitter that put us on fish?

Give Bobs Icefishing a call we stayed with him a week ago and had a great time, caught fish and the trip was VERY affordable. Goodluck