• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Lake of the Woods Fishing Reports & Info

Sunday, Zippel Bay, 3 guys, limited out plus a 25", 22 feet, just north of the "Loo" (Igloo)

Gold with red eye and/or hook

GOOD LUCK

Anyone have any luck today. Were in a day house out in 32 feet. Kept 5 saugers and only caught one walleye. Really slow, we had nothing going at all after 2:30.

sweet report JP....heading up there on Friday through Sunday....my wifes first trip up there so all your updates will help get her on some fish....THANKS!!

it will change with the up comming storm this weekend, but how is travel on the lake? and have not seen anything on ice thickness lately.

Fished Zippel yesterday out in 29' fow. Both the roads and ice are in great condition. There was a little over a foot of ice where we were. We eneded up with our limit of saugers, four eyes and four burbot. The sauger bite was pretty steady all day until 3:30. They must of named it Sauger Street for a reason. Graphed two suspended fish early on at about 15' deep. Both were nice 'eyes since neither could resist the jigging spoon I reeled up right in front of them. Caught fish on both shiners and chubs on a variety of jigs. Caught the most on a plain glow hook. Jigging seemed to bring them in and then one of other holes would get some action. Nice day out minus the wind! Stopped at the igloo for one and got on the road.

Just got back today, fished over pine island. We started in the gap on sunday in 23 feet and did ok, Monday until about noon was poor. We moved in shallow for last night and this am only about a dozen fish kept 2 between our group, threw back a 21, 24.5, and a 30, also lost a big fish.

Fished out of Zippel on Sunday with 5 people, 3 of us in 26' and 2 in 28' filled out by 12:30pm. 26' was the hotter of the two spots.

we were in 16 my house is in 13 right now with a friend in it and he has 2 in the bucket and got around 10 this morning. He said lots of small fish for 13 ft. Lost one big one.

Fished Long Point Mon & Tues. Mon we went east and tried 28 fow just north of Farther Prew's. Marked very few fish throughout the day. When fish did show up on the graph they usually bit but it was slow. Iced 14 eyes/saugs and kept 6 for a delicious meal that night. Buckshots, Salmo Chubbies and Lindy Darters took fish jigging while gold or glow red jig-o-bits took fish under the bobber. Could just have well left the ice after 2:00 pm. NOTHING on graph.

Tues went west toward Twin Island. 31 fow of water. Much better fishing. Bite started around 10:00 and went til about 2:30. Buckshots with a pink glow back were the key for jigging. Same jig-o-bits under bobbers took fish. I think I caught just about every fish that showed itself on the Vexi. Very aggressive and fun. Caught 1 19" eye 8ft below the ice. Caught another 19" eye about 15ft down. Had two other 19"ers and a 23"er that came right off the bottom. Fish everywhere in the water column. Just another testament to the fact that electronics are a MUST have. Shiner and chub heads on the buckies were equally effective and lively chubs under the bobber caught lots. Iced 14 eyes and 20+ saugs. Kept a very nice limit of 8 fish. Again, could just as well left the lake after about 2:30 pm.

Good luck to all.

We fished out of Zippel Bay on 12/28/10. It was slower than normal. Moving was the key to success. Six of us ended up keeping 28 nice fish, only 9 were 14-17" walleyes. The rest were 12.5-14" saugers.

I can say that all the fish we caught were very aggressive, lure choice did not matter. Every fish that I graphed hit my spoon. The fish would come in singles or pairs and then it would be dead for awhile. So we just continued to move and hole hop to find the aggressive fish.

Can't wait for the next trip over to the big pond.

My Father and I had about the same kind of luck out of Long Point yesterday in 32 FOW. Lots of 12-14" saugers (probably 20 that we threw back) 4 keeper eyes (14-17") and were able to keep 8 saugers that were around 14". But kinda the same as tearin lips said, 2-3 would move in and then nothing for 15-20 minutes.

Also a thank you for everyone that helps others on the lake when having equipment issues. My auger recoil broke and a guy from Warren drilled the holes for us.

Also a thank you for everyone that helps others on the lake when having equipment issues. My auger recoil broke and a guy from Warren drilled the holes for us.

Now that's what it's all about!!

Just back last night. Great trip! Fished Adrians Monday and Tuesday 32-34ft in portys. Monday more fish, Tuesday better quality. Several suspended walleyes each day. Wednesday morning fished out of Morris Point in 30ft. Fishing was fast and furious, mostly sauger, but a few walleyes, nothing suspended for us here. Was hard to leave. Red Rattlin Flyers were our hot bait. More fish jiggin but not by much. Seemed the fish on the dead sticks definately preferred live shiners. Had our fish fry and brought our limits home. Good luck!

Had a two day trip planned ended up cutting it one day short to try and miss most of the bad weather. Fished Wed. and ended up filling out with 8 nice Eye;s and 8 nice Saugers for the wife and I. The Walleyes all ranged from 15 to 19 inches. Tossed 4 back in the slot one was 24 1/2. First time wife fished in many years catching many Saugers with plain hooks on both lines. Have to say all the Walleyes were suspended but hit hard when I reeled up and teased them just a bit. Hot Lure for me were Gold Mocho Minnow (hot glow) and Gold Buck shot rattle (hot glow). Fished with lure on both lines with the wife using plain hooks on both of hers. Left early Thurs. morning freezing rain all the way to Deer River. Pulled a couple guys out of the ditch about 4 in the morning just South of Red Lake who were really happy to see me come by. They had been digging the car out for hours with no gloves and a frying pan. Said he left his gloves in the fish house. Roads were bad and getting worse by the minute. Never so happy to see Hwy 2.

Went up Sunday fished through Wednesday off of Adrians road 5 miles out. Fishing was pretty darn good overall not fast, but steady. Weather was very mild w/some wind. Saugers on the bottom Walleyes up high. Stop Sign lures and Frosties with Fatheads/Frozen Shiners didn't seem to matter. Cant wait to go back in a couple weeks.

Hello fellow hardwater fisherman!! ah yes! it is about that time of the year for my crew to make our way up to LOTW!! Heck Yeah!! we are going to be up on the pond jan 4th tru the 9th! we will be staying in a sleeper out by gull rock any info of a possible locations to put it. water depth any info would be helpful! we will start our adventure out of long point! we would also like a repot of long point twin islands! we also will be away from the crowds is a must for us!! we are just looking for any tips that might help us have a sucssecful expadtion!!! thanks to all the will help!!! we will report back after our trip with more info to help out the next guy!!

Also i know it's fishing not catching!!! Ha Ha Ha!!

God bless

Fished off the end of Adrian's road Friday and Saturday in 32fow.

Lots of lookers, but fishing was slow. Ended up with about 16 nice sauger, a slot 23" eye, and 2 whiteys. (6 lines/4 people in a wheelhouse)

We had a lot of suspended fish on the graph, but whatever they were they wouldn't bite. We tried big and small, white to black, but they wouldn't take. Whitefish??

Caught one 15" eye 10' under the ice at about 5:30 pm though...............???????

All of the sauger were near the bottom as usual.

Fishing was slow for us but Wayne Renn at the WigWam made up it!! They gonna be back next new years JP?

We fished tuesday out of morris and wednesday out of adrians. Slower than Usual but we never really ran into the numbers that I did before christmas. Ice was good other than at the very end of adrians road we found a spot that was only about 10 inches and we were sitting in a slush puddle in no time. Wed night was sure a lousy drive home in the middle of the night, Started Raining about Northhome at 10pm and got slick fast.

Fished out of Wigwam fri (new years eve) and sunday. Saturday was a blizzard. Caught 15 friday with one 19.49incher (measured it a lot to make sure) and kept 8 that day. Saturday was a no go but we made friends at wigwam...pretty sure you'll remember us JP and the rest of the gang..we had a couple ladies with us. Went out sunday morning and kept 3. Were way out there in 35ft of water. Wiggles was a great bomber driver...and dancer...great new years bash they had. See you and the gang again up there JP.