• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Lake of the Woods Fishing Reports & Info

Macho minnows, stop signs, eye dropper spoons in pink, white, red,and gold in 1/8th or 1/16th ounce. As for shiners if you are going out of ballards day houses they supply your bait. Chubs work just as good as shiners and rainbows have been working really well. Make sure to fish those suspended fish on the electronics they are usually decent 'eyes.

VMAN -

where did you go out of...we are bringing up a wheel house as well and I am having a hard time finding a place to go.

Vikes...what resort did you go out of...

just got back from the woods fishin, we fished the south west area by the big rock point, 4 of us caught atleast 200 fish in 3 days, 50 that we kept, walleyes from all sizes 12 inch allot of 16s n 18s , lots of sugers, the perch just blow me away, biggest was 13inch but FAT and had to be 6inch across it, buddy caught a 28 an a half in walleye weight was 10.5 lbs just a PIG. the other bigger fish was a nothern that was 34 inch, the ticket for us was the gps map finder and the portabales, sat in a hole that was 10x20 34ft the outer was 28ft. the jig was all on bannana jigs that were gold orange, yellow, @ a foot off bottom deadsticken, and the other line jig them OFF the bottom worked all 3 days you could not ask for a better fishin trip look foward to next year

We go out of Adrian's, out from Pine Island.

I have never fished Long Point, as that's where I'm guessings Vikes32 was. Reports are good out of there as well.

I like Pine Island because of the river flowage and gap fishing, fish will congregate anywhere there is moving water. Doesn't mean you can't catch them in Zipple Bay or Long Point, but I like to increase my chances.

There are plenty of spots to try along the lengthy plowed road. You can't go wrong with sitting down in +30" of water this time of the year. Its a big mud bowl, there are fish scattered everywhere.

Try to get off of the main trail and away from everybody. There is a cluster at the end of the road, and I'm sure they catch fish, but there are hundreds of other accessable acres of water where you can get a truck and wheel house with unpressured fish. Again, I like to increase my odds wherever I can and these are just my opinions.

If you have a portable and sled you have access to everything and can really get away from the traffic. It all depends on how eager you are to move around.

VMAN -

where did you go out of...we are bringing up a wheel house as well and I am having a hard time finding a place to go.

By reading Vman's post I would say that they were out on Adrain's road. Not sure about Vikes though. Not sure what big rock point is. Unless it means Rocky Point.

thanks for the help... we are heading out Friday - monday so basically go to Adrians get out past the island then find a spot close to the end drop the house and try it.

We go out of Adrian's, out from Pine Island.

I have never fished Long Point, as that's where I'm guessings Vikes32 was. Reports are good out of there as well.

I like Pine Island because of the river flowage and gap fishing, fish will congregate anywhere there is moving water. Doesn't mean you can't catch them in Zipple Bay or Long Point, but I like to increase my chances.

There are plenty of spots to try along the lengthy plowed road. You can't go wrong with sitting down in +30" of water this time of the year. Its a big mud bowl, there are fish scattered everywhere.

Try to get off of the main trail and away from everybody. There is a cluster at the end of the road, and I'm sure they catch fish, but there are hundreds of other accessable acres of water where you can get a truck and wheel house with unpressured fish. Again, I like to increase my odds wherever I can and these are just my opinions.

If you have a portable and sled you have access to everything and can really get away from the traffic. It all depends on how eager you are to move around.

Tried the area north of Rocky Point on 2-15-10. Tried first on Arneson's (North) Reef, 28' of water; picked up nothing on sonar, caught nothing. Moved down to between Gull Rock and Arneson's (South) Reef about 1100. Fishing in 32' of water. A lot of lookers, few biters, but did pick up 11 eyes, 4 sauger and 2 jumbo perch. Four people fishing (well, actually the author was just trying to drown the fathead minnows). Quit at 1700, when someone mentioned the "pout penalty" contest. A good day fishing. Used Babbler's Road and fished within 100 yards thereof. Four wheel drive pickup's are standard equipment; just use your head as to where to drive.

VMan 11...Tell the old track star she's looking good! We just got back from fishing the reefs last weekend and Bob M had said you'd be up there...next time we'll try to connect.

Coach W

Wizard - I'll make sure I let her know...we can't let her head get too big smile

How were the reefs? I was to Knight for an afternoon 2 weekends ago and did well.

We'll have to exchange emails so we can meet up next time we're both on the lake.

Hey all I'm new on here but have been around it some. I'm thinkin of runnin up this weekend with the wife and truck,portable. Where would be a couple spots to try I have never been there so I will grab hotel and do some fishin I hope..Tryed the rainy thing 4 times and think its worth the extra hour drive.

Thanks alot and good fishin

how is the snow on the lake? Can a guy go wherever he wants? I wouldn't think it would be too bad, got 4x4, just thought I would ask. Maybe up on Sunday/Monday.

I'll be fishing out of Morris Point all weekend, when I get back I'll give you guys a report. If ya see me stop by, I've got a silver chevy traiblazer and a clam 6800!!! Good luck to everyone!

I've fished the south tip twice in the last week. Not great, but I've certainly done worse.

The first time out (Sunday the 14th)I had my four walleyes, a couple perch, and struggled to catch keeper-sized saugers.

The second time out (Thursday the 18th), I kept 3 saugers, 1 walleye (didn't catch a keeper until after 5), and 6 perch.

Like I said, not great but not horrible either.

A gold jigging spoon was by far the best presentation, tipped with either a chub or shiner head.

Lovebigbluegills......were you out by springsteels houses? and how deep? im out bout 1 mile off the end of the road to the north .... been doing ok in the afternoon, it verys on the time of day, some times they bite at 2pm, and then the next day its after 5....best results have been on pink and gold rock n roll jigs

I was north of the springsteel houses a few hundred yards in 24-25 fow. There's a few nice spots to get off the road, and I usually use those and make it as far as I dare before setting up to fish. If you don't get too far off the road, there will be a half-dozen other people fishing around you by 9am. I like to try stay away from as much commotion as I can.

I don't have a permanent house up there, I use my X2. I've got a black Chevy pickup, if you see me out there stop and say hi. I'll be out there on Saturday before and after the derby to see if I can muster up some fish to bring home.

i dont drive out there any more to much snow and to hard on the truck.. i have that black track machine sittin by springsteel..been runnin out there with that and im out there usually 3 to 4 days a week...

Was out yesterday on Morris Point fished in 29 feet first then went to a spot that was 32 feet. Pulled in a 5 lb walleye right away then a bunch of saugers only kept 4 myself, but there was quite a few walleyes caught and kept from the guys in my group. Pink and blue were the hot colors for us, otherwise a beautiful day fishin!

100_5605.jpg

we fished wed thur and fri and started off in 34ft and it was slow totally different from last week then moved in to 31ft and it was the same there,we ended in 28 ft and thats where they we at caught 60 plus fish fri for two of us so just my thought but i think its time to start moving in will try there agian next week good luck fishing

Casey that's a beautiful pic! (the fish isn't too bad either:) lol j/k.. great looking walleye! hopefully I can find a few fish when I come up on the 7th of march! smile

Haha Thanks Teejay, I'm sure you'll hook into something the fish weren't biting very well at all yesterday and I still got quite a few. They'd come up to your jig or spoon and chase it if you reeled up but wouldn't bite most of the time.

what has been your go-to bait? everyone i hear mentions the stop sign in glow red. also can a guy get shiners up that way yet? I will be fishing out of ballard's resort, thanks to dumb luck I actually won a trip smile

Was ot there from Feb 18-21 did pretty good for four guys. We stayed at Wigwam resort and had portables. We only drove out of Andrians road since we did pretty good. Caught about 100+ walleyes and saugers ranging from 10 inches to 18 1/2 with one monster 26 1/2 incher a bonus perch and some tullibees. Bait of choice was forage minnows in the pink, white, or gold tipped with an emerald shiner. Had some really good weather and we could'nt ask for more.

Was out on a reef off of babblers road Saturday and the bite was kinda tough. The fish that did come thru we were able to usually get to bite. The better lures seemed to be rock n roll jigs, nils rig, and disco ball jigs.

Was at Zippel Feb 18-21. First time on LOW and fishing was REALLY slow. I dont think 4 of us caught more than 30 fish all weekend. Biggest was 19 3/4. Best lures was a glow gem and pink/red lindy buck shot rattle. We only fished deep thought, 32 feet. Some friends were in at 18 ft before 9 am and after 3 pm and did much better than we did.

It was pretty decent fishing for us this weekend. Saturday mornig I set up in 26 feet out of Morris point and caught 4 keepers and a bunch of little guys that went back. The keepers were over 14".

I moved out to 30 feet during the day and fished for a couple of hours and it was slow only caught small saugers that all went back.

Later in the afternoon I set up in 26 feet again and brought the girls with and they had a blast, we caught close to 30 fish that night, most of them small of course but enough keepers for a good fish fry back at the cabin and plenty of good memories for all of us.

The best baits were red Lindy frostee jigs and gold northland creeper worms I think they were called.

Sunday morning we set up in 26 fow again and only caught 1 keeper and a couple little guys and packed up and went home.

I'll be back March 20 for some northern fishing.