• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Forecast - Blizzard Warning

This is from the National Weather service.

Blizzard Warning

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DULUTH MN

332 PM CDT WED APR 9 2008

...BLIZZARD CONDITIONS TO IMPACT THE TWIN PORTS VICINITY THURSDAY

NIGHT THROUGH EARLY SATURDAY...WITH A MAJOR SNOWSTORM ELSEWHERE

ACROSS THE NORTHLAND...

AN INTENSE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL MOVE SLOWLY NORTHEAST THROUGH

IOWA AND ACROSS SOUTHERN WISCONSIN LATE THURSDAY INTO EARLY

SATURDAY. THIS STORM TRACK WILL FAVOR HEAVY SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW

ACROSS THE WESTERN GREAT LAKES REGION THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH EARLY

SATURDAY.

A LARGE SWATH OF SNOW...IN EXCESS OF ONE FOOT IN SOME AREAS...

COMBINED WITH HIGH WINDS AND BLOWING SNOW WILL CREATE HAZARDOUS

TRAVEL CONDITIONS.

MNZ037-WIZ001-101100-

/O.UPG.KDLH.BZ.A.0001.080411T0300Z-080412T0000Z/

/O.NEW.KDLH.BZ.W.0001.080411T0000Z-080412T1200Z/

CARLTON/SOUTHERN ST. LOUIS-DOUGLAS-

332 PM CDT WED APR 9 2008

...BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THURSDAY TO 7 AM CDT

SATURDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DULUTH HAS ISSUED A BLIZZARD

WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THURSDAY TO 7 AM CDT

SATURDAY.

NORTHEAST WINDS GUSTING TO 40 TO 50 MPH...COMBINED WITH HEAVY

SNOW...WILL RESULT IN A PROLONGED PERIOD OF HAZARDOUS WHITEOUT

CONDITIONS FOR LOCATIONS NEAR LAKE SUPERIOR...INCLUDING THE TWIN

PORTS. IN ADDITIONAL TO SEVERAL HOURS OF NEAR ZERO

VISIBILITY...SIGNIFICANT DRIFTING OF SNOW IS EXPECTED.

TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 10 TO 16 INCHES...WITH LOCALLY HIGHER

AMOUNTS...CAN BE EXPECTED.

A BLIZZARD WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE

EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. FALLING AND BLOWING SNOW WITH STRONG WINDS

AND POOR VISIBILITIES ARE LIKELY. THIS WILL LEAD TO WHITEOUT

CONDITIONS...MAKING TRAVEL EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. DO NOT TRAVEL. IF

YOU MUST TRAVEL...HAVE A WINTER SURVIVAL KIT WITH YOU. IF YOU GET

STRANDED...STAY WITH YOUR VEHICLE.

Ugh! And I'm in Fargo till then. Hopefully I'll be able to get out Thursday morning.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I decided I wasn't going to snow blow anymore and just let it melt. I hope it goes south of us.

Good luck guys! Our plans for the next two weeks have been cancelled because of that stuff. crazy.gif

Sorry Tom. The last big dump went North of us. Got to spread the love around ya know.

Surface you have Twig as location.Is that what I'd know as Twig Station I think Hwy 53 up the hill from Duluth on the way to Island Lake? You know Hobart Finn? from Superior,place on Island,

Hey we got 32 inches a few days ago. You guys farther south can have ALL of this one.

It just doesn't stop this year....the shovels and snowblower have been put away......I'm lettin it melt from here on out!

sparcebag, thats the Twig. Hobart Finn doesn't ring a bell.

I came to this site to ask about possibly getting on the ice this friday or saturday in hibbing. after seeing that weather report..... screw it, i'm staying home and fishing the river on saturday for whatever bites. best of luck to all you with the weather and to whoever might be participating in the Last Chance Bonspiel. Be careful up there I hear there are alot of Candians planning on being in town. With the weak US dollar, they will be able to spend lots in the local establishments.

Originally Posted By: jimalm
This is from the National Weather service.

Blizzard Watch

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DULUTH MN

429 AM CDT WED APR 9 2008

...MAJOR SNOWSTORM WILL BRING STRONG WINDS AND HEAVY SNOW

THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT...

.A STRONG LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL MOVE SLOWLY NORTHEAST THROUGH

IOWA AND ACROSS SOUTHERN WISCONSIN LATE THIS WEEK AND INTO THE

WEEKEND. THIS STORM TRACK WILL FAVOR HEAVY SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW

ACROSS THE WESTERN GREAT LAKES REGION THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH

FRIDAY NIGHT.

A LARGE SWATH OF SNOW...IN EXCESS OF ONE FOOT IN SOME

AREAS...COMBINED WITH STRONG NORTHEAST WINDS GUSTING 30 TO 40 MPH

OR GREATER...WILL CREATE HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS.

MNZ037-WIZ001-092230-

/O.NEW.KDLH.BZ.A.0001.080411T0300Z-080412T0000Z/

CARLTON/SOUTHERN ST. LOUIS-DOUGLAS-

429 AM CDT WED APR 9 2008

...BLIZZARD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY EVENING THROUGH FRIDAY

EVENING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DULUTH HAS ISSUED A BLIZZARD

WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY EVENING THROUGH FRIDAY

EVENING.

NORTHEAST WINDS GUSTING TO 40 TO 50 MPH...COMBINED WITH HEAVY

SNOW OF A FOOT OR MORE...WILL RESULT IN A PROLONGED PERIOD OF

HAZARDOUS WHITEOUT CONDITIONS FOR LOCATIONS NEAR LAKE SUPERIOR.

IN ADDITION TO THE SEVERAL HOURS OF NEAR ZERO VISIBILITY...SIGNIFICANT

DRIFTING OF THE HEAVY SNOW IS EXPECTED.

A BLIZZARD WATCH MEANS SEVERAL INCHES OF SNOW...WITH STRONG WINDS

AND EXTREMELY POOR VISIBILITIES ARE EXPECTED. WHITEOUT CONDITIONS

WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY DANGEROUS OR LIFE THREATENING. PREPARE FOR

THIS STORM NOW. MAKE TRAVEL PLANS ACCORDINGLY AND PREPARE A

SURVIVAL KIT FOR YOUR HOME AND VEHICLE.

i think it was in ancient china were the bearer of bad news was tortured??

Were're in the warning also but the way weather has been predicted all winter who knows what will happen.If all reports were correct this year we'd have lots of snow! the most on the ground here this year was the first snow predicted at 12-16 inches we had 8,then every snow missed us and 1/2" here and there till our 12" bout 2 weeks ago.So I take the predictions with a grain of salt! Sure dont seem like spring yet!

If we get snow in the Cities I'm gonna take off work and fish on the river in my snow suit, while listening to the Twins game and sipping some suds. What a perfect end to winter!

Frank I would for sure not blow this one. Saw the range trying to blow more work than its worth. Besides it will melt by mon or tues. Steve is in the cities he could be in for a ride on the way back.

BOHICA a term from my days in Uncle Sams Misguided Children USMC. BOHICA= bend over here it comes again!I am getting sick of this

I'm just as sick as the rest of you. However, looking ahead to the fishing opener next month, here's what to expect as an article in the Duluth News Buffoon:

TITLE: Local Anglers Find Limited Success Due to Ice

An excerpt from article, where Sam C. found me and got a solid quote:

"We dodged the smaller ice bergs til we got to the solid ice, then we tied up the boat to the biggest slab. We got out and poked holes with our auger til we found the right depth. Our biggest problem all day besides running out of beer was the holes icing over."

Laugh about it if you can.

I was hoping to get out and do some Steelhead fishing this weekend \:\( I guess that just ain't gonna happpen cry.gif

Thats crazy Gary. When I went to U.M.D. we had huge storms that shut the whole town down but not the school. I think everyone's a little loony from this long winter. Oh well, I have the plow hooked up to the wheeler just in case. BC

I think it was my window I looked outthis morning and 1? came to mind. How the heck could you tell you had 5". Cant even see out mine snow is going striaght across my windows. Wonder how the boat is.

I suppose Skippers Kid is rideing the swells in search of chrome out there. What a trooper ;\) BC

Nope started plowing I guess early. He willend up doing some 2xs today or before its over last time to get the cash. Maybe this afternoon I can watch mine melt.

just got power back here in soup town. dont know how long it will last. looks like only around 2-3 inches outside on the sidewalk and road. snow is all blowing sideways. I wonder where it is all going to stop, ND maybe?

Quote:
I think it was my window I looked outthis morning and 1? came to mind. How the heck could you tell you had 5".

The Dog had to pee and I had to open the door to the deck to let her out, it had been shovel off clean and now it covered under at least 6 inches of snow(probably more).