• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see what is shared. Just 99 cents to join. Click here please.

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
mike morris

0-7

mike morris

Keep it up Detroit! I'm enjoying this! grin.gif

walleyeking19

i have a feeling they will get hot. they have too much talent not to

mike morris

Yeah, they are due to start pouring out the runs. That lineup is just too stacked to keep getting shut down like this.

bassNspear

its hard to watch isnt it!!

Windy City Walleye Hunter

We haven't heard from Knoppers yet this season, isn't he the Kitty fan out there or am I thinking of somebody else?

Windy

Dahitman44

Motor City Kitties -- ;\)

Yeah, Baby! Meow!

Cicada

Kind of mean to kick a team when they're down...but it is a little fun to throw a little dirt on them when no one is looking. If they hit 0-20 it might be official.

Hey maybe they are just shooting to outdo the Twins of a couple of years back. Out by the All-Star break? Nope just setting up a historic comeback.

bassNspear

i just want the twins to beat them up this year, thats all

maros91

Their bullpen is terrible. Outside of Verlander their staff is mediocre. D-Train had 7 walks in 5 innings his 1st start. Bonderman has gone down hill since last year. Rogers is 75 years old and is a time bomb waiting to go off and is due to throw a camera here soon and Robertson is Robertson. Mr. Leyland is also due for a meltdown. 2nd highest payroll in the league this year I believe at $158 million. I hope they don't win a game all year.

IFallsRon

Sheffield is so over. I wouldn't have him on a fantasy team.

Windy City Walleye Hunter

My Pale Hose have handled the Kitties pretty good over the last few years and they own Verlander. We are a power hitting team that feasts on fast straight fastballs and Verlander always seems to oblige. I don't care if it is 100 mph if it has no movement on it guys like Thome, Konerko, Dye, Crede and AJ just lick their chops and sit on it. I look for Hernandez to drive them crazy with his lollypop curve throwing up that 59 mph junk. Those are the guys who usually blank the Sox for 7+ innings.

We did our part of beating up the Kitties with our sweep in Motown, it's your turn Twinkies!

Windy

Windy

tisosy11

The tigers will get hot...Hopefully its after we play them!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• monstermoose78
      I do mark my hole with a stick like spears do.
    • Wheezy Outdoors
      Variable conditions seems to be the trend this season. This past weekend we had yet another snow storm which dumped approximately 10-12 inches in the Remer, Longville, Outing, and Walker area. Travel has been best still with sleds or track machines. Colder temps the past few weeks have firmed things up on some bodies of water which were once heavy laden with slush, however there are still several lakes that unfortunately we would not advise to travel on until things improve, and with the "January thaw" approaching that might be a while. If you are planning on traveling to the area, call the area resorts or bait shops to get current conditions prior. This past weekend was the Winter Inland Trout Opener. Stories of success were across the board. As some people had great success, others struggled. We ourselves definitely had noticed more lookers than takers on the Vexilar, but managed to get a few topside. Fighting the cold front that hit mid Saturday morning, being on the right body of water, and having the right presentation all factored in. Lake Trout: Lakers are hitting tipped tubes and spoons in 35'-70' of water. Look to the inside turns, points, and shelves. And the best advice I can give any fisherman targeting trout is STAY MOBILE. Keep moving until you get one on the graph, never spending more than 5-10 minutes in an inactive hole. And not only should you stay on the move, but keep that lure moving consistently, working the entire water column. Stream Trout: Try searching around 4'-9' of water on the stocked trout lakes. Small spoons like the Clam Speed Spoon tipped with a Maki Plastic or waxie have produced the best. Panfish: Hit the shallow weedlines for those big Gills, and drill out over the deep basins in 22'-35' feet of water to catch the Crappies. Tungsten jigs tipped with waxies have worked well. Again, the key to success is staying mobile. Walleye: Still can be found on the shoreline points anywhere from 11'-26' feet of water and on the sunken humps. Jigging using spoons tipped with a minnow head have been best when they have been aggressive. If your noticing them coming in yet seemingly shy of the jig, slow down your movement, and try a simpler presentation. Toss down a set-line with a plain hook tipped with a medium Shiner or small Sucker Minnow. Alice Wiese Wheezy Outdoors 218-275-7525 [email protected]
    • IceHawk
      Good tip on the sight fishing trout option Nick 👍
    • IceHawk
      I fish walleyes a bunch that's why I opted for the 8 inch K drill. But like we all know its not a true 8 😉 I know a lot of guys have 6 inch bits but most of them really only fish panfish from what I've seen.  Yes you can slip a decent eye through a 6 inch hole and many do with there accidental catches of them . But you start getting fish in the 24 plus range fairly often and the larger hole is definitely nicer to turn the head to get her to come up the hole. Its all a preference thing but personally if I'm targeting eyes I will go no less than 8 . And if you start chaseing greenbacks in Winninpeg  a 10 is even a better choice for there. Yes you can cut multiple  holes side by side with a 6 and this is another option if you rarely fish walleyes  with consistency. 
    • chaffmj
      I'm not sure how the ice road is but I had -18 at my place near Ely last night. Tonight it should be right around 0 with a high tomorrow at 20. Hopefully that will help you out.     
    • Wanderer
      I won’t hold you to that! 😂  Thanks for the “offer”.   The hunt is fun too, I really don’t mind but a guy only has so much time.
    • monstermoose78
      I have not had an issue, but look at the 7 inch lazer hand auger. For trout I cut 4 -6inch holes so I can sight fish. I should add I use a 6 inch bit. 
    • Wanderer
      I’ve been able to get mid 20 inch pike up a 6 inch hole a few times but the 8 will help you turn the head easier, especially when the line is wrapped around the back side of the mandible.   Honestly my plan is to continue running the 6 inch but when I think I’m going to pike or walleye fish, the 8 will be with too.  I’ll used that after I dial in with the 6.   I’ll that I’ve over lapped 6’s in a pinch to get a bigger hole too.  I just wouldn’t do it for more than 1 tip up if I had an 8 handy.
    • AlwaysFishing23
      For those who run the drill rigs ( like myself) do you feel the 6” bit is big enough for walleye and pike fishing as well? Saves a lot of wear and battery life with the 6” than throwing the 8” on. What I’ve heard is most cases the 6” will be fine unless you hook into a lifetime fish. 
    • Crusty old Swede
      Bump.