• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I guess I look at it as when a guy say look at what I caught without any info it's sorta like just bragging....which is O.K.

I prefer so say here's what I caught and how.Depth,bait speed,line used ,barometer ....whatever I can put out there to help others get dialed in.

I don't give out gps coords to the masses. They still have to do the work of finding those fish.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeamFLTFarm

• palisade1kid

• Coach1310

• Heartman

Originally Posted By: Krusty
Whatever you guys want to do here is fine by me but from what I hear, you are making way more enemies than friends.

If talking about fishing, spots, techniques and such is all it takes to have them view us as enemies so be it.... enemies are made during war, not talking fishing spots. We're better off without them anyway.

Originally Posted By: crappiekeith
I guess I look at it as when a guy say look at what I caught without any info it's sorta like just bragging....which is O.K.

I prefer so say here's what I caught and how.Depth,bait speed,line used ,barometer ....whatever I can put out there to help others get dialed in.

I don't give out gps coords to the masses. They still have to do the work of finding those fish.

CK the information that you have provided on this site is very good. You obviously know what you are doing out on the water, so I hope you continue to share your success on the water. The only reason people are getting a little stirred up is because of naming smaller lakes. In my opinion, BSL should not be categorized as a small lake and should not be a threat to over fishing. I think as members, if we want to share information on specific spots or smaller lakes, we should contact each other by e-mail. That way we don't have the thousands of people who are not members lurking around for spots.

The only reason people are getting a little stirred up is because of naming smaller lakes.

-----------------------------------------------------

No the locals are stirred about their lake.

I got that info 1st hand from a resident on the lake.

1 guy ran to all of my sponsors and forums to enlighten them who I was/am with the idea of shutting me down.

He was here as a matter of fact awhile back.

FM was good enough to delete his link he left.

I am feeling some pressure from all over about naming BSL.

Yet I've also had guys tell me eye to eye how much they have learned and business that have said thanks for popularizing the lake.I know these places can use all of the help they can get to stay in business.It's a hard life up here.

Heck I need 2 jobs to make ends meet.

Keep it up CK....you are a priceless source of info,techniques, and help to those that don't even fish the area...Thanks for all you do and don't let the naysayers get to you...Hope to someday meet you in person.....Take care!!

Just a thought about the crappie cribs on BSL - who put them out there in the first place? DNR? Resort owners? Private individuals? If it was anybody but the DNR, permits would've been required to stay within the law, and I can't see the DNR approving this type of structure in the first place. If it was anybody but the DNR, I'll bet it was done on the sly, just for their benefit, and nobody else. Again, back to the creation of ownership attitudes.

Just a thought though...I could be wrong.

PS - CK, thanks for all you do. Keep it up! I release most of what I catch as well, and feel good about it. Onward!

Anytime your in Palisade just ask directions uptown at the store.

Everyone knows where I live in town.Just stop by I'll leave the light on for ya Ozzie.

Originally Posted By: Heartman
Just a thought about the crappie cribs on BSL - who put them out there in the first place? DNR? Resort owners? Private individuals? If it was anybody but the DNR, permits would've been required to stay within the law, and I can't see the DNR approving this type of structure in the first place. If it was anybody but the DNR, I'll bet it was done on the sly, just for their benefit, and nobody else. Again, back to the creation of ownership attitudes.

Just a thought though...I could be wrong.

PS - CK, thanks for all you do. Keep it up! I release most of what I catch as well, and feel good about it. Onward!

I doubt the DNR did.

I know of a few in front of the slide ...are there more?

I know of a few hand made rock piles too.

DNR put the Cribs in the Lake.

Krusty, I again agree with you 100% about the feeling of pride when finding a good spot. Some people want everything "given" to them. You want CK to do everything but reel in your fish for you! CK has great tips and is probably a good fisherman too, but how much does he really need to tell you online? Keep the tips coming CK, you do have a lot of great info, but a lot of ask that you just ease up on naming the lakes when you get into great detail. Thank you.

OK, so DNR put the cribs in the lake. Would it be fair to say the cribs were put in the lake to concentrate the fish, thus making it easier to catch the fish? Who catches the fish? G Q Public, that's who. You and I, the ones who fund the DNR.

Them 'er our cribs, not just y'alls!

The only lake I have seen him name is BSL, oh yeah, and Slab, Crisco and Lard lakes, but then he didn't give out any GPS coords on those lakes....heck, the last time my nephew and I were up, the bartender at a watering hole to us to go to Horseshoe. If she told us, how many others did she tell and that watering hole is quite popular. Last I knew, Horseshoe was a fairly small lake.

Well it looks like this thread is about done.

I just wish all of the "finger pointers"

could come here for some education.The reality is I'll be the bad guy.

I love and hate these forums.They are fun! Yet they have their downside. Word sure can travel quick.

Has anyone ever wondered why say Babe or Al or Gary or Dave never come on formally?

I sure have an idea.

Education, which you do provide, thank you. I was not a memeber here, but often looked at this site for information on various issues. I became a member on behalf of the people I have been talking in the bars, on the ice, to get our message across. CK, I don't think of you as a bad guy as most people i'm sure don't, I think of you as a briliant teacher that is giving answers to the tests so everyone gets an A grade. If everyone gets an A grade without trying or figuring stuff out on thier own, how much are they really learning? Continue giving info., but please calm down on the lakes you name. Just think if you had an awesome area to deer hunt and you hauled in your 12 point buck every year from the same location and all of sudden the word got out and the area polluted with other hunters that never new the area existed. Thanks from Sandy L area.

I don't know if I would clasify CK with those 4 gentlemen. They provide some tips but seemingly not as much info as CK sometimes does. I understand he is trying to make a name for himself and his jigs, but don't always agree with the antics of it. It seems like some of the same heat has come from AI as well. I fish everyday, fish several professional tournament trails a year, make my own lures and so on. But when I'm on the fish I choose not to address it to the general public. So I guess I'm kind of torn, I'm glad CK is out there trying to make a name for himself and turn some profit, as myself and others are. But I don't always agree with the way he does it. I don't think he needs to publish the lakes and spots he is catching his fish on the internet so everyone can rush over and overfish a lake

Jadkins, you nailed it on the head! I don't always agree with his info. either, but everyone has their own techniques that work. You are right, why so much info CK??? Thats why they call it fishing!

Hey guys...I'm a rookie when it comes to the business.

I'm out there doing the best I can as I know how.

I most certainly appreciate the civilness of this conversation and I will thankyou for that.

It most certainly is not the norm.

If I totaly stopped naming lakes would that make everyone happy?

That's easy to do...done.Those that want info can find me....simple enough...

Team fleet ...now you can go back to the bar and let everyone know since I don't do booze anymore that they can relax.

Now go to the bait shop and tell them to shut up too.Go to the outdoor mags and do the same.

I'll do my part will you do yours?

Part of what I'm doing is making them deadly.Guess what....you catch more fish when your deadly!

Not everyone buys into finesse tactics.Some do and they are doing well once they perfect the process.

There is a lot of detail that needs to be adhered too.

Actually I've never tried T.H.E. jig, I did check it out on his website but haven't purchased any. I have my own lures that work everytime on BSL. I will guarentee that of all the people that are out there not one person has this lure, and I set the hook on plenty of crappies.

For example last year, was the only one fishing a spot, someone drove by seen I was reeling in a fish next thing at least 50 people around me. Nobody was catching anything, I was cathing them every couple of minutes, people were comming over to get a look at the lure but I would be sure to cup it in my hand, so the secret would remain a secret.

With todays electronics fishing has become alot easier, and people much lazier. Everyone wants a free ride to a hot spot, get out there find the fish and keep quiet, then you'll know the fish will be around for a long time.

Sometimes I'll leave the Vex and GPS at home to see if I still have the skills that I used to have, when you think you're good give that a try..........

How did the magazines find out about the fishing on BSL, CK you could probably answer this?? How are the bait shops learning about the fishing, from the people that look at this site and buy bait. How many people look at your postings to find out there is great fishing??

I think without naming the lakes, it would help emensly.

I've been reading posts on this thread for a long time. One thing I can say for certain, never have I seen CK pinpoint a spot on ANY lake. Sure maybe a bay or general area but no GPS coords or spots. What I have found out is basically how much he enjoys teaching the aspect of catching fish! I've read and heard of a whole lot more naming of certain smaller lakes by others on different threads. This thread just needs to go away, some of you people should be glad BSL still holds plenty of fish. Catch and release will only make future fishing better. Oh yeah, and tell me that the bucket brigade doesn't exist on the lake.

Oh and by the way TeamFLTFART I'll guarantee if CK says nothingthat I'll still be able to read about BSL in rags and such....

Hey CK did you read the "you know you are from a small town" in the entertainment forum???..Kinda fits Palisade. Oh, wait, did I just change the subject.....sorry tired.giftired.giftired.gif

jadkins-- I find it kind of amusing that being the professional you are you even come on these forums. Obviously you aren't here to share any beneficial info. i.e. cupping your jig on the lake pretty much tells the story and you are good enough you don't need anymore help. Best of luck to you on your Tourney Trails... Thanks for all the info CK. I have been reading this McGregor-Aitkin-Crosby-Deerwood forum since the day I signed up and have enjoyed it thoroughly. THANK YOU!

I think this whole post is funny, because regardless of this website and the information that is given out, word WILL spread around about the fishing, why do you think metro lakes are deteriorating over the years. I think its wrong to point fingers and say its your fault or your fault that fishing pressure has increased. Fishing popularity grows year after year and word is going to get aorund

This is an info sharing site! CK may give good info (how dare you! J/K) but can not catch fish for someone else. Travelers may come to BSL a couple of times a year, yet the locals (not just individuals but as a whole) are there every day! Let's not blame the tourists.

I live very near Lake Alexander (2000 acres), now you want to talk about crowds ( like over 100 people on a thursday in a 20 acre bay) you should have seen it early this year. This site had nothing to do with it, as it was crowding before any mention on here. Now they where getting limits on limits of 10-14" crappies at the time, now you only catch little ones, 9" and under. Wow they overfished it, but guess what I will promise limits of 10-14" crappies next year just not in that spot. Because not all of the fish live in that spot!

Some say find your own fish, now that some of you believe BSL is in the dumps, get out and find your own NEW lake and spots.

This is a sharing site not a pointing finger site I don't believe that belongs on FM.

Good Luck Fishing

Everyone has their own opinion and feelings, obviously everyone is entitled to their own, so that's fine. We will never agree to what is right for the lake, time to move on. Goodluck fishing, whether it's people telling you the spot or learning on your own. Hopefully good fishing continues.

Ole, your such a character, how da ya come up with dat one der when ya said teamfltfart, you are a creative one...!

Team,

I hope this thread shows what this type of posting can do. It will lead to more people head'in to "your" lake ;\) .

The best thread to keep people out of your area, is the thread that is never started.

Just think about how many people have read this thread about BLS and will head up to get those crappies before they are gone grin.gif.

You might be right, but after this thread dies out, so will the advertising! Hopefully the naming of lakes will stop and hopefully protect other lakes as well.

Hey guys, I heard they are now catching crappies on a lake called Mille Lacs lets all go there. Stop your whinning, the Ice will be gone soon and the seasonal people who don't know how to fish will be back sipping there wine on there docks and you can have all the crappies to yourself.

fishhawk,

I see you have been in the ML forum grin.gif. LOL...

I think it is funny we have gone to "BSL" to name this lake. Most will not know what we are talking about any ways ;\) .