• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Bryce

Taxidermy

Bryce

Wanted to get a post going on mounts. This is a bird that I mentioned in another post that almost had the last half of a wing shot off and was still able to get a flying mount. You tell me which wing was damaged.

Picture009.jpg

kilkercal615

Left grin.gif nice mount good work

SSSTaxidermy

Originally Posted By: Bryce
Wanted to get a post going on mounts.

Bryce,

Nice looking mount - But why did you have to start this post? I'm already having a difficult time, waiting for my mount at the taxidermist! grin.gif This is not helping!!! \:\)

Bryce

Then you'll love this. grin.gif

Picture010.jpg

hanson

Thats a great Mallard... band too!

hanson

Here's a few of mine-

Pintail pintailmount2008gx5.jpg

Gadwall

gadwall0ak.jpg

Buffie

bufflehead10nd.jpg

Green Wing

greenwing3xd.jpg

I've posted some of these before but had to search back 3 years to find them. Yikes... time flies!

Bryce

Nice. Your camera and/or photography skills bring out the colors better than mine.

Picture008.jpg

Picture002.jpg

whitetailfreak

very nice mounts.

hanson

Originally Posted By: Bryce
Nice. Your camera and/or photography skills bring out the colors better than mine.

Definitely not the easiest things in the world to photograph.

I've done a little Brightness & Contrast adjusting in Photoshop to make them "pop" a little more but thats it.

To really get a good photo, I guy should either bring them outside and photograph them in natural light, or get a good amount of indirect lighting to illuminate the mount inside. The wall the mount is hanging on always reflects the flash around the subject.

Anyway... that Can and that Ringneck or both nice! I've been after a nice Ringneck for many, many years now and still haven't got one worthy of putting on the wall.

Anyone else got some mounts to share???

Gordie

nice mounts guys and I really love that buffie, they look so cool.

Bryce

Was also going to comment on buffie. Almost a comical expression on it's face. Very nice. Picture of can doesn't do it justice. Huge bird. All MN birds except the mallard. Last ones I have are pheasants.

Mallard with pheasant framing photo of lab on her final NoDak trip. Picture007.jpg

Wifey liked this one enough to hang over the fireplace.

Picture.jpg

Tippman

Nice birds, I really like yours hanson. Just got back my white mallard today, I'll get a pic on here a little later. And I better not get any [email protected] for mounting a farm duck grin.gif

Sartell Angler

I've posted this one on here (my only mount) many many times but some may have missed it.

Like others have said...a picture of a mount indoors doesn't do it justice, but you get the idea:

goldey.jpg

Tippman

Here he is.

DSC00898.jpg

Dean Schellinger

Awesome, I remember you talked about that white mallard when you got him, special bird forsure. Where did you have the mallard done? I have a perfect canvasback that has been in the freezer for over a year that I need to get into the shop, still trying to find a good place to go.

Tippman

Flyway Taxidermy. He's more expensive but I figure it'll last forever and he does better work than I've seen. His shop is full of awards he's received and the mounts in there are definately worth checking out.

MrBaz

Tippman, Here is my buddies white mallard, Ill get pics of the mount, thought this one was pretty special.

n185006466_32040478_9360.jpg

SSSTaxidermy

Those rare mallards are pretty cool.

Tippman

Awesome duck, I would like to see the mount.

Dean Schellinger

Nice, what was the turn around time at flyway?

Tippman

5 months for me and that was during busy season.

dukhnt

Couple of my mounts

junk0021.jpg

junk0041.jpg

icefishing21

heres mine that i just got back yesterday

DSCN0692.jpg

2 DA GILLS

Here are the two bird mounts that I have. They are both nice birds that have stories behind them and that is why they ended up on the wall.

canmountkq6.jpg

pheasantmount2ay6.jpg

Tippman

Nice birds guys, well where's the stories gills..

2 DA GILLS

Here are the stories:

The Canvasback was the first one I had ever harvested and I got it during the season where they had just been opened to hunting again after a long period of closed seasons. I can't rcall what timeframe that was, I am thinking late 80's or early 90's. I did not start duck hunting until the early 80's.

The pheasant was harvested a few years ago on a trip to ND. We had hunted some low areas in a picked soybean field and we were headed out of the field. When we hunt ND, we usually put slings on our guns for the long walks or standing in a swamp. Well, we were about 100 yards from the truck and we were approaching an area of mowed cattails. Not a speck of real cover for 100+ yards. As a joke, I told my brothers to get ready....this type of cover holds birds. I had my gun on the sling over my shoulder. Needless to say, a rooster (the one on the wall) came bustin' out of the mowed cattail stubble within 10 seconds of my comment. My youngest brother did not have his gun slung over his shoulder and he got off 3 quick (and easy) shots..... clean misses. I struggled to get the sling off my shoulder and then the gun to my shoulder. I finally did and the bird was 50+ yards out by this time. I decided I would try one shot and see what happened. It folded hard and hit the ground like a stone. Upon inspection, a single pellet to the head. Just like I planned! whistle.gif Sarcastic comments are common among our hunting party (to my dad's dismay), but the fact that my sarcastic comment and incredibly lucky shot produced this pheasant. It had to go on the wall.

Cody Lubeley

Nice woodie icefishin21 thats a pretty mount

TRM

Here are some of mine.

taxshow06011.jpg

base019.jpg

redhead2.jpg

grouse1009.jpg

bluebill2.jpg

Dean Schellinger

love the bluebill, very nice mount

huntnfishsd

Sweet bird mounts guys! I love the wood ducks, what an awesome lookin bird!