• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Dahitman44

LOW -- a good and bad trip

Dahitman44

We had a great time the first day of fishing.

It was beautiful outside and the fishing was great.

The two of us managed 47 fish -- 21 eyes 26 saugers and one fat perch.

The biggest was 18.5. Had two saugers that were 17 inches.

Had so much fun.

all but three were on the buckshot spoon. Bobbers were worthless.

The bad part was that I got sick in the morning and we could not go out on the 1.5 hour bommer ride. Having the flu and riding in one of those did not work.

Stopped in every town on the way home, but had a good time. Could have made it out at 10 am -- but they wouldn't take us out since the big rigs were there already.

I can understand.

Still had a great time and wish I was still up there.

Hitman

JigginIsLife

Thats awesome we are getting ready for a trip the very last weekend in March, so hopefully the walleyes will still be really active. where did you stay?? what did you do durring the night up there, anything worth going out and having fun up there?

Dahitman44

Yeah --

We stayed at Wigwam and had a good time. They have cable tv in the cabin and we were so worn out that we were just up to the bar for a couple and went back and relaxed.

I think you will have an awesome time.

I am thinking about sneaking back up there for the Northern Run -- maybe in two weeks. Never done that but heard it is a BLAST>

paceman

Sounds like the fishing was awesome....Too bad the flu bug gotcha.. How far out did they take you?

Dahitman44

It was like 23 miles.

Wish they had a couple of houses closer -- they should have maybe had a couple closer for people that come in at a half-day time?

Just a thought.

dragon81

Were were out about 18 miles on sunday morning, took the snowmobiles and just rented a house for the morning. However we did not have good luck at all. We kept five decent ones until noon when we left.

As for late fishing up there, we are still going to go a couple more times. once by Pine island, and then like last year we will go to Long Point in April with four wheelers and portables. We did very well there at that time last year. cheap cabins and it slept about ten darn people. That was big enough for the two of us. Tried to call you hitman but no answer, I suppose you were puking when I rang !!!!!

Dahitman44

Sorry, man.

Yeah let's stay in touch -- like to know more about those big pigs that hit in the early spring.

deer-n-eyes

hey hit .,i might be going up for the day on sat., how deep were you fishing .,im goin out of long point ., i do have some spots on gps but they are in that 22 feet .,i also have a bud going up fri. so im goin to check in with him fri. night ., they will be in that 30-32feet ., glad you had a great time fishing ., to bad for the illness., and do you think i could get by with my atv this weekend?

Dahitman44

ATV -- yeah as long as you don;t try to go out as far as we did -- sled would work better. If you stay on the MAIN road you will be fine.

If you could -- you should go out to whyyere we were -- like 22 miles out -- you could follow the bombadier trail -- when you get the the ice heave you are half way there.

You will know when you get to all of the houses. -- it was about 28 FOW.

Anything else -- let me know.

dragon81

HIt and Deer-n-eyes

From where Hit stayed I assume he went out on the ADRIANS access byt he Wigwam, so from long point the roads are obviously different. I believe Hit means the Bombadier trail from Adrians Access and then out 22 miles. We took that very trial last sunday and its easy and fast on a sled. Just thought i would help if I could so you werent talking about two different places.

deer-n-eyes

hey thanks dragon ., i knew what he was talking about ., my bud will be renting a house out of long point /,., so i will just set up next to them .,they of course said it would be ok., i just wish i lived closer to LOW.,